• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption II |OT| Who knew horse testicles had such a crunch?

Laserschwert

Neo Member
I'm ready for Friday...

giphy.gif

Justin9mm

I haven’t been this hyped for a game since BotW.

But here’s the question - I plan on pre-ordering a digital copy tonight....

Should I get this for my PS4 slim or Xbox one S?

Between S and OG PS4, I'd say OG PS4 would be better. I have a Pro and an X so for me X is my choice.

Tbone3336

Gold Member
Don't ask me how but I missed the PC version wanted add in the top left of the OT. Outstanding!

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Been replaying the first. I didn't really remember enjoying it that much, but now that I know you can use a camp and fast travel (didn't do that in my first playthrough when it originally released, rode *everywhere*) - I am enjoying it much more.

Hyped to get my Ultimate Edition on Friday.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is every Best Buy doing a 9pm release tomorrow? I haven’t received an email and my order still says to pick it up on Friday.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Amazing OT cormack12 cormack12 thank you!

So I have an Xbox One X and PS4 Pro but I'm going with the Xbox One X for the improved visual fidelity(the main reason I bought the system). I need that native 4K/HDR resolution to make my eyes POP! The game looks beautiful.

Love the "Wanted: PC Version" Bounty for 1 million dollars LMAO!! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

P.S. I think companies are going to experience quite a bit of "call offs" this Friday. :messenger_beaming:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
This is the first time in my life I have actually booked tomorrow off for a game!

I’m considering dong it. That or Monday. There’s no guarantee my copy will come tomorrow. There will be some disappointed people tomorrow.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
when will the reviews drop ?? i call 97MC

2 hours from now. And in 14, we can play it. Taken tomorrow and Monday off work for this one, it's gonna be a good long weekend.

Skyr

n4oZfnP.jpg

Ayyyy
Currently installing on both systems.
Couldn't decide for one version so got both. I prefer the PS4 controller but I want to compare the differences in IQ and then evaluate with which version I'm gonna do my playthrough.

Angelsx

Neo Member
n4oZfnP.jpg

Ayyyy
Couldn't decide for one version so got both. I prefer the PS4 controller but I want to compare the differences in IQ and then evaluate with which version I'm gonna do my playthrough.
Tell us if there's a big difference

n4oZfnP.jpg

Ayyyy

Early Prime delivery or corner shops?

Mine shipped with Prime and will be here early morning.

Aintitcool

Banned
aLxwgdZ.jpg

SEE YALL COWBOYS LATER, GOT IT A DAY EARLY CAUSE ITS NATIONAL HOLIDAY TOMORROW YEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More of a smaller shop here in germany.

I got it at 12 PM in Saturn here in Austria :)

Last edited:
I just noticed this thread is rEad dead redemption, typo?

Just started playing and noticed in first person looting your character actually grabs stuff with their hands. Crazy :messenger_open_mouth:

edit: First person
beating someone's face :messenger_open_mouth:

Last edited:

7he Talon

Currently installing the data disk... it says it'll take 3 hours...

Edit: Now it says 2 hours.

Last edited:

Meave

Neo Member
I just tried switching my consol to New Zealand which worked for Forza Horizon 4 but doesn’t seem to be working for this, anybody know why ?

Aintitcool

Banned
Environments are fucking fantastic, and so are the horses. Voice acting top notch, very guided game though so far. 3 missions in.

I just tried switching my consol to New Zealand which worked for Forza Horizon 4 but doesn’t seem to be working for this, anybody know why ?
Games unlock based on the store you bought it from.

Game Pass lets you "buy" the games in it for free. You used a US (or wherever) region Game Pass to buy Forza Horizon 4 from the NZ store and that let you play at NZ's midnight.

Environments are fucking fantastic, and so are the horses. Voice acting top notch, very guided game though so far. 3 missions in.

more impresssions. more impressions!

no, dont reply. go play more. then reply with more impressions!!!

I need to know about the dynamic horse poo

Last edited:
The one and only digital downside. You can't play early.
Hate anyone else is already playing.

Games unlock based on the store you bought it from.

Game Pass lets you "buy" the games in it for free. You used a US (or wherever) region Game Pass to buy Forza Horizon 4 from the NZ store and that let you play at NZ's midnight.
You sure about that? Thought it was the install and not the bought region. I'm from Europe and bought in the US. I have to wait?
Also i thought the game has a global release time

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
so many red dead threads going about so apologies if this is the wrong place for this.

I even asked Rockstar support last night and they didn't know, which is odd, so I'm coming to GAF, source of all knowledge......

I have preloaded on PS4 since last week, is the day 1 patch (title update) whatever it may be called included in that. I have manually searched for updates again on the game on my PS4 and it states "this title is up to date", I would be annoyed if at 00:00 tonight it then says 3GB update downloading or whatever. I know it's not mandatory but I want the best possible experience (on my platform) that I can get if you know what I mean, sorry for the longwinded explanation but finding info on this is quite vague and mixed on the internet at the minute, no one seems to know definitively.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
so many red dead threads going about so apologies if this is the wrong place for this.

I even asked Rockstar support last night and they didn't know, which is odd, so I'm coming to GAF, source of all knowledge......

I have preloaded on PS4 since last week, is the day 1 patch (title update) whatever it may be called included in that. I have manually searched for updates again on the game on my PS4 and it states "this title is up to date", I would be annoyed if at 00:00 tonight it then says 3GB update downloading or whatever. I know it's not mandatory but I want the best possible experience (on my platform) that I can get if you know what I mean, sorry for the longwinded explanation but finding info on this is quite vague and mixed on the internet at the minute, no one seems to know definitively.

I have the Ultimate Edition pre-loaded and I have two pending downloads waiting for the unlock. One of them specifically states that its for preorder bonuses. I am guessing it will commence once the data hits its unlock date. It might unlock before then. I honestly don't know. I am going to have mine on standby overnight charging my controllers.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I have the Ultimate Edition pre-loaded and I have two pending downloads waiting for the unlock. One of them specifically states that its for preorder bonuses. I am guessing it will commence once the data hits its unlock date. It might unlock before then. I honestly don't know. I am going to have mine on standby overnight charging my controllers.

I imagine that is for the online content maybe... I just went for special edition and I have both the preorder content and the special edition content add ons already installed with nothing else pending.... guess I will find out at midnight

cormack12

Gold Member

Go to the info and it will show you a version number. If it's the latest version then it will be ready to play (provided a patch isn't released later today)

https://ps4database.io/view/CUSA03041_00/NP

So if it says 1.02 now its current

It's the store you bought from. It's not a global launch, so you'll be able to play at midnight in America.

Thanks. Now i hate my life :(
But i still had some account balance there. And $59 vs 69€ is quite a difference in pricing anyway.

I hate those digital launch dates. Should be the same around the world.

Didn’t the DF video state that base PS4 was a bit better than Xbox One S?
As the overall showing and version, yes.
But just performance i don't think so. Afaik it was somewhere better and somewhere worse than regular Xbox One S.

When you compare original Xbox One to base Ps4 that is probably true.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
107 story missions. Holy fucking shitballs.

Definitely going to be playing as honorably as possible. Seems like it’s pretty easy to gain unwanted attention, especially if you fuck up by bumping into the wrong person or stealing something with too many eyes around. Don’t need those bounties on my ass.

nowhat

I tried to be patient and wait until the turn of the month, I've pretty much exhausted my entertainment budget for this month...

...but fuck it, I have it preloaded. Just watching a hockey game that'll end at 9PM. After that, I've still three episodes of "The Haunting of Hill House" to watch, and then it'll be midnight. I've a nice bottle of Scotch to keep me company/warm. Next day I'll "work from home" (I mean, I may answer a few emails, but that'll be the extent of it). Yay for hedonism!

Filben

I would recommend everyone to install the (PS4) game to the internal storage and not on the extended storage/USB HDD; it could be coincident, but it was the first time ever that my external HDD suddenly disconnected while playing, closed the game and immediately connected again. I remember Rocket League had some crashes, too, after the feature was introduced to the PlayStation system and they needed to patch the game to fix that issue.

So, it might be a reproducible issue, it might be pure coincident. Anyone else who has it on the external storage might have a look and could report back if anything similar happens; I'm moving the game to the internal storage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom