• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption II |OT| Who knew horse testicles had such a crunch?

Bluecondor

I just picked up my pre-order from Best Buy in Pittsburgh. It was really interesting - they usually pass out new release games at 8:30 as the store closes at 9. But - with RDR2, they were not allowed to release the game until 9:00 on the dot.

LOL - so me and about 15 other guys were just milling around at the front of the store from 8:30-9:00. I'm 48 and most of the other guys appeared to be between the ages of 30-50. You kind of nod at one another like "Ya - I'm going to just stand here for the next thirty minutes. I'm not leaving here until I get the game."

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Just got my copy from Best Buy. And now the long install begins.

It will probably finish installing before the digital version goes live. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

IMG-4728.jpg

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I'm too old for these midnight releases. I'll be lucky to make it past the first 30 minutes before passing out on the couch.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't know about the Xbox, I'm on the PS4 and it's downloaded a 3gb update 1.02. Dunno if this helps.

Edit: Anyone know if the PS4 installs from disc in standby mode? So I wouldn't have to keep it on.

I don't believe so, I think it needs to be on to power the BR drive.

109 minutes to install on a SSHD!

Welp, guess I'll go whizzer snip the lawn. Fuck it's hot today. My balls are sweating hard. You know when you feel a single bead of sweat roll down your ass crack and around to the back of your balls.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm too old for these midnight releases. I'll be lucky to make it past the first 30 minutes before passing out on the couch.

I am right with you on that. Between being up late last night after the World Series game, and now this, I will also be lucky if I make an hour into it.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Crunch?

images

Crunch will be the bank account that will have Rockstar Tomorrow !!

My copy will be tomorrow in my country =(.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Game installation is going much quicker than I thought it would.

Been home for half an hour and it said 3 hours to go when I started. Now it's down to 50 minutes left.

TrainedRage

Banned
45 min till my digital unlocks.... I haven't been this excited for a release in a long time. Also f*** yeah no work tomorrow. Im 2 pints and about 3 bowls deep before starting..... :messenger_beaming::messenger_waving::messenger_waving::messenger_waving::messenger_waving::messenger_waving::messenger_waving::messenger_waving::messenger_waving::messenger_waving::messenger_waving:

dolabla

Just got mine from Gamestop a little while ago, but barely. I don't know if I can do it tonight. So exhausted right now :pie_expressionless:

Tarkus98

I don't know about the Xbox, I'm on the PS4 and it's downloaded a 3gb update 1.02. Dunno if this helps.

Edit: Anyone know if the PS4 installs from disc in standby mode? So I wouldn't have to keep it on.
Yes it will install from standby mode. Actually installs faster from standby.

dolabla

Nightmare on Elm Street is about to come on here in a little while on the Paramount channel. I'll trying watching that to keep myself up :)

Bluecondor

The 90 minute data transfer took awhile, but I'm playing now.

Wow - this game is amazing to look at (PS4 Pro).

I just started playing, and the characters are so interesting. I'm already hooked.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hahahaha.

I finished installing and got ready to play, only to be hit with an update.

Hahahaha.

Fuuuuuck

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
This game is a whole different fucking level

Jesus christ

It’s like Rockstar just went to CDPR and was like “Hey, sup?”

Bluecondor

The snow is incredible in this game. The tracks and the varying snow depth are really impressive.

Also, the horse system is going to be really compelling. I only started playing and I already feel a bond with my first horse.

decisions

OK guys, I believe this website can have a bright future but we have got to have better OT titles than this. lol

Good OT otherwise.

And I'll join you all tomorrow, for now I have to pull an all night for an 8AM exam tomorrow. I hope the West is kind to you.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
What's going on with the camera/controls inside buildings? I feel like I am trying to swim through mud.

I know lots of people are saying the controls are still clunky and weighty but can anyone who's sensitive to it like me comment on input lag?

The GTAV remaster was pretty bad in that regard on top of having poor aim acceleration curves. Changing the dead zone can only help so much.

Along those lines does it seem like the combat AI is balanced for you to play with auto aim like all their other titles? As in the enemies have impossibly good aim even while moving fast?

What's going on with the camera/controls inside buildings? I feel like I am trying to swim through mud.

Yeah its wonky. Try swapping to first person while inside, found that pretty handy (and hadnt planned on using it at all - its also by default faster base movement than in third person, so it seems anyway).

TLZ

Banned
I hate getting old.

Game unlocks in 35 minutes and I am already so tired. I gotta get through one mission at least
Knowing me I'll waste a gazillion hours getting side tracked until I realize there's a story I need to play xD

I’m gonna keep my technical impressions to the DF thread (right off the bat I’m not impressed by what I’m getting on Pro, just feels like somethings wrong with the clarity), but happy to say that the one hour I played was great and can’t wait to play it for real tomorrow

I know lots of people are saying the controls are still clunky and weighty but can anyone who's sensitive to it like me comment on input lag?

The GTAV remaster was pretty bad in that regard on top of having poor aim acceleration curves. Changing the dead zone can only help so much.

Along those lines does it seem like the combat AI is balanced for you to play with auto aim like all their other titles? As in the enemies have impossibly good aim even while moving fast?

On Pro I’m feeling some weight to my camera movement, not sure I would call it laggy...but definitely “weighty.”

Anyone with an early copy of Deluxe or Ultimate mind giving a better description of the bonuses?

How big is the boost? Is it passive or a consumable? Can you turn it off?
I'm still not sure what boost I'm getting exactly, but you can turn them off in the games settings menu.
Anyone know where you can buy clothes? I can't find clothes shops anywhere...
I saw clothes in town. Might've been the gun store or general store? Can't remember.

DavidGzz

In love. I can't believe this is current gen, thought this was something I wouldn't be playing until next gen. The production values. In awe at every moment.

WaterAstro

So does the game require a complete full install? No partial install playing parts of the game while the rest installs?

Top Bottom