• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One BC causes impressive Amazon sales rank jump

Three

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're trying to say in the 2nd paragraph. It's not to be condescending, but it makes no sense to me.

As for the 1st paragraph, I wrote;
My point is, that in the last 24 hours it seems to have sold better (if you combine the two versions) of UC4. (It should've said "than UC4", not "of UC4", though). At the time I wrote it, the two versions were ranked 32 and 40, compared to UC4 placed at 27. It's not out of the question, that RDR sold better than UC4 in that small timeperiod.

The list measures amount of sales in the last hour, not sales relative to the earlier sales.
https://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames,

The movers and shakers list is relative to its previous position. I would say it is out of the question but more precisely the point of my second paragraph was that the ranking tells you nothing about sales volume. At the 32 and 40 positions you may be talking about very low volumes. It is above now though.

Here comes a new challenger.

pJyUCCC.png

dreamfall

This is so awesome - can't wait for the online community to just grow exponentially in the coming few days. It's going to be pretty wonderful wandering around again! Got that Cloud save ready!

KodiakGT

The movers and shakers list is relative to its previous position. I would say it is out of the question but more precisely the point of my second paragraph was that the ranking tells you nothing about sales volume. At the 32 and 40 positions you may be talking about very low volumes. It is above now though.

You're right about the movers and shakers list, but it is now the #1 and #6 selling game for XBO/X360 titles (and #4 & #17 game across any platform), so at least currently it's definitely moving some copies. Will be interesting to see how long that keeps up. I'm sure there is a healthy % of people going the digital route as well, considering it's only $7.50 for gold members.

diaspora

Yeah, I doubt this game gets a remaster. I don't think R* is proficient enough to be able to pull it off considering they were barely capable of making this game on the PS3/360 without Benzies saving them.

Teletraan1

Banned
I owned this game last generation and never understood the fervor of its popularity. I would like a better paced sequel for sure but I have no interest in ever playing this game again.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Yeah, I doubt this game gets a remaster. I don't think R* is proficient enough to be able to pull it off considering they were barely capable of making this game on the PS3/360 without Benzies saving them.

Who is Benzies?

RedStep

OP is misinterpreting the information, but a sales jump is a sales jump, whether it is 1 copy or 100 copies.

How so?

It's now up to #3 on the overall sales chart. It's 6 years old and that jump is solely due to the BC announcement (unless you can think of another reason). Unless you're saying it's an invalid discussion unless we have hard numbers, in which case... how often do we have hard sales numbers for anything anymore?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I don't remember if owned the disc or the digital version. PLEASE LET IT HAVE BEEN DIGITAL.

I guess I will find out on Friday.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Leslie Benzies, The Benz!

Former president of Rockstar North, lead developer on the Grand Theft Auto series, taking responsibility from Grand Theft Auto III all the way to Grand Theft Auto V. Also he basically saved Red Dead Redemption from becoming a total shitshow.

Also, fucked over by the Housers, big lawsuit.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1207044

You don't know who Benzies is ?

The darkness!

Formerly the president of R* North iirc. Responsible for actually getting RDR in a state acceptable for release. Without him at R* anymore, I don't know if the company is capable of porting the title tbh.

Thank you for the information guys!

Ars strikes again

_Legacy_

Seems the first is real for RDR, don't think I've seen this level of hype for any previous BC titles before. Glad I'll be able to join this time around!

SomTervo

Has there been a big marketing push around this or something? Because honestly I've seen nothing and do not understand why so many more people would buy the game in light of this.

That said, I own the game on X360 and PS3 already and don't have an XBO, so the news about the game going BC on XBO has not been of any interest to me.

_Legacy_

Has there been a big marketing push around this or something? Because honestly I've seen nothing and do not understand why so many more people would buy the game in light of this.

That said, I own the game on X360 and PS3 already and don't have an XBO, so the news about the game going BC on XBO has not been of any interest to me.

I passed my 360 down to my little brother (when I got my XB1) and totally missed out on this game last generation. This game was one of the best of last gen, it's hugely popular (always near the top in the polls for the MS BC request list) and also some people may have got rid of their 360. It's a chance to revisit a classic, playing on a current gen console. I did the same with ME1 and Deus Ex.

shandy706

Why am I so excited about tomorrow?

Maybe it's the screenshot side of me...I don't know. It's like a new game I want is coming out, haha.

Is there going to be a BC OT?

Lols. One local xbot troll is saying that "many people think this post is made by a NeoGAF mod".

25I8rNy.jpg

He's kinda mad because he has been banned so many times from GAF. He's actually spreading things like "It's well known that GAF is Sony PR site" and shit like that. Typical warrior.

RedStep

Lols. One local xbot troll is saying that "many people think this post is made by a NeoGAF mod".

25I8rNy.jpg

He's kinda mad because he has been banned so many times from GAF. He's actually spreading things like "It's well known that GAF is Sony PR site" and shit like that. Typical warrior.

Wrong thread?

Top Bottom