• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

jett

D-Member
14473872375_9072f5dd38_o.gif

There would need to be an extremely good reason for Luke Skywalker to defect to the Dark Side or nobody would buy it

I can't see why they'd do it, other than for shock value. As someone else mentioned, what could possibly sway him? Vader offered him a chance to co-rule the galaxy. His reaction was to plunge to what he thought was his likely death. Threatening the death of his friends, and possibly turning his sister? A quick jolt of rage, enough to defeat Vader and then throws away his lightsaber, his only way of possibly defending himself against Palpatine and again accepting the possibility of facing death rather than turn. I don't see what stakes could be introduced beyond what he was already tempted with and ultimately gave the finger to.

jett

D-Member
Luke turning evil in TFA would be an instant jumptheshark moment for me. I think it would pretty much ruin anything else in the picture.

Luke turning evil in TFA would be an instant jumptheshark moment for me. I think it would pretty much ruin anything else in the picture.

Yeah, they are definitely not going to do that. For one, Mark Hamill would have to resort to Joker-tactics for that one, so it's unlike his established Star Wars persona and would make people confuse him with Joker ( I would imagine ). Besides, what kind of evildoer goes to live on a fucking island? Sheev didn't.

It would also be a giant 'fuck you' to the original trilogy, so I really can't see that happening. More likely he just wants to stay super neutral, like Kenobi and Yoda in that run. Also, there would be no need to find his lightsaber if he were fucking evil. It would be in your gut. "oh, there it...." *thud*

Looking forward to "original idea millenial versus grumpy grampas" though.

Grinchy

Banned
I really like the commentaries but I find that some of them are really hard to match up correctly, time-wise. The new Star Wars one (ROTJ) matched up perfectly, probably because I had the actual blu ray for it. It was the best commentary for me so far.

But with older movies like Alien vs Predator, you're kinda stuck with whatever version you can find. And before you know it, your movie is minutes behind the commentary. You can match them up again if you hear a clue, like them very suddenly talking about slime on a gun. But it will get minutes out of sync again some time after that.

Man people in here talk about Jay's looks so damn much.

That would be great.

Considering how much they laughed at Len during their film discussions, they treated him pretty respectfully during his interview and BotW episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a few gags in his favor in this episode.

Mike said in the Everest half in the bad that the best book he ever read was Endurance? Has anyone read it? What version was he talking about?

Did he say it was the best book he ever read? I picked it up after the Everest review out of curiosity and enjoyed it since I was ignorant to the story. It was called Endurance: Shackleton's Journey or something along those lines. It matched the picture they flashed during the review. Decent read but I wouldn't go to far out of my way to track it down.

Snaku

Banned
Thoroughly enjoyed Samurai Cop. Samurai Cop 2 not so much. The only real stand out was Tommy Wiseau being Tommy Wiseau. At least it paid a nice tribute to Amir Shervan and Robert Z'Dar.

Sanjuro

I just think people are viewing this as some sort of versus match. I'm sure they are going to have fun hanging out and taking shop.

For followers of either individual, this is just more awareness.

Grinchy

Banned
Wow, that is not a glowing review. I am interested in trying it, but I can't see myself dropping money to find out that I agree with all of those issues.

komplanen

What a fucking tool.

"fuck these guys for not liking my shit"

"hey you wanna be on our show? "

" oh my god I've always loved you guys lol omg such a huge fan brb packing my shit to go there"

Dude might genuinely be missing some screws. Or just so fucking socially awkward he doesn't realise he was invited more as a joke. He probably thinks he's walking into a friendly get together where he's the special guest (star).

Top Bottom