• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remaking the Legend - Halo 2: Anniversary is now available on Xbox Video

Wow, good documentary and I had absolutely no clue they redid the music and the sounds of the guns. I thought all they did was work with the graphics, but to see stuff like terminals put in there made me even more hyped. I know there are a bunch of new games coming out in November, but now I'm most excited about this one, can't wait.

Ein Bear

Just finished watching this, really great documentary. They spend a good amount of time talking about the creation of the original Halo 1 and 2 too, which I liked.

Arghhh I need this game to be out.

Madness

Halo Vidocs are literally in a class of their own.

Crazy how they've surpassed Bungie with them in terms of quality, delivery, information shared. That was an amazing ViDoc and really gives you great insight into what it took to make H2A and the MCC and just how passionate not only 343 is about Halo, but a lot of others as well. Halo 2 was a milestone in console gaming. Hell, my old chemistry teacher was playing it in class in front of his students on launch day, I was jealous and watching through the door in the hall as I went to the restroom.

Great job by 343 on this documentary. Can't wait for MCC launch!

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Yesssssssssssss

One week to go now,
h3NXRt7.gif

BeforeU

Just watched it. Speechless. Truly. I hope everyone with Xbox One picks up this collection. It truly is a love letter to fans.

Thank you 343, Microsoft, and everyone involved in this project to make it happen.

How long is it???

1hr 2min

so some interesting stuff heard in the video...

Apparently Agent Locke is indeed a "spartan hunter".

Also, we can see a cut-scene of him talking to an elite that does NOT appear to be the Arbiter.
NP1rziu.jpg

uxiqYMZ.jpg

It is interesting to note that the graphical style looks different than what Blur did for the H2A cutscenes.
So I think it is safe to assume that this is one of the 'bookend' cutscenes for the MCC, and that this is similar to how the Halo 5 graphics will look as it is probably using assets from Halo 5.

BeforeU

^ yeah I also noticed. So he isn't really a friend to Master Chief. Looks interesting.

Will have to watch this when I get home, there shouldn't be any issue watching this on XB1 right? Not like Xbox Music where I need a subscription to use on the console?

Prine

Banned
Damn so soooo good to see Marty heavily in this documentary. Come back, come back home Marty. We all miss you.

so some interesting stuff heard in the video...

Apparently Agent Locke is indeed a "spartan hunter".

Also, we can see a cut-scene of him talking to an elite that does NOT appear to be the Arbiter.
NP1rziu.jpg

uxiqYMZ.jpg

It is interesting to note that the graphical style looks different than what Blur did for the H2A cutscenes.
So I think it is safe to assume that this is one of the 'bookend' cutscenes for the MCC, and that this is similar to how the Halo 5 graphics will look as it is probably using assets from Halo 5.
Hell that might be an in engine cutscene from Halo 5.

Nialrot

Really wanted to watch this during my lunch break but the pop out video screen just keeps showing the little balls going around trying to load... =X

Halo 4 didn't have any in engine cutscenes if I recall. Just Blur stuff.

Wrong. The prologue and epilogue were Blur, as were all the Spartan Ops cutscenes. All the rest was in engine. There's even a vid of a guy modding it to fly around during the cutscenes.

Top Bottom