• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

remz said:
isn't it one set of 5 rounds (?) haven't played yet.

No, he's right. Survived two whole games of score attack. They don't add up either. Bulletproof is impossible. Did they forget Firefight only has one round or something?:lol

LordAlu

I was about to say Bulletproof can't be done but already beaten to it. I've already done Be Their Huckleberry and Going Oupost-al, and have 249/400 on One Spartan Army. Another round or two of Gruntapocalypse should do it :)

Tashi0106 said:
I totally agree. I don't like the timer at all but is it possible for Bungie to change the way assists are calculated? Is that something technically possible to patch in? I don't know.

I'm no Bungie engineer, but I wouldn't have thought assists would be that deep in the game engine. Quite the opposite actually; logically, you'd do that stuff later in development.

The deeper something is, the riskier it is to change. Stuff like physics and memory management are probably obvious no go areas and locked down quite early in development. Networking is also quite risky, but Bungie have shown a willingness to touch it if really needed, though they are limited by what they can do.

So based on all that, I would imagine it's feasible for Bungie to at least look at the assists system. I'd also imagine that in the worst case scenario they could at least increase the timer to something much more realistic.

And an impossible challenge? How did that slip in?

remz

Jinjo said:
No, he's right. Survived two whole games of score attack. They don't add up either. Bulletproof is impossible. Did they forget Firefight only has one round or something?:lol
hilarious :lol I'm kind of cut that i don't get my 1200 creds though!

ooooh bungie.

Willeth said:
I imagine it's a mistake and should be three waves, given the cR reward. Still, lol bungle
cR reward seems way too high for just three waves. I think it's probably just a mixup between the Challenges available and the rollout for the Firefight playlist. In a couple weeks that Challenge will be very doable!

Willeth

Shake Appeal said:
cR reward seems way too high for just three waves. I think it's probably just a mixup between the Challenges available and the rollout for the Firefight playlist. In a couple weeks that Challenge will be very doable!
Yeah, it's high, but it seems kinda low for three rounds, too. Although I guess there's a history of low-paying challenges...

Sean

Banned
:lol I'd like to think Bungie planned an undoable challenge just for laughs and to troll the Halo audience, but that would probably be giving them too much credit.

The three that you can actually complete are easy though and will get you nearly 3k cR.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Sean said:
:lol I'd like to think Bungie planned an undoable challenge just for laughs and to troll the Halo audience, but that would probably be giving them too much credit.

The three that you can actually complete are easy though and will get you nearly 3k cR.

Great, another 63k to go until Captain :lol :(

I could have sworn it goes 5 rounds in a Wave (MM Firefight is 1 wave), 3 waves in a set...so the challenge is possible?

Also I love these challenges, I've gone through more Firefight and Campaign than I ever would have. I need those extra credit boosts because I don't have hours to grind anymore like I used to in MM. I feel old, and out of practice.

I'm only at Captain Grade 1 probably everyone on GAF is ahead of me. In exp, not skill though, so really I couldn't care.

Chorazin

Man, I guess tonight is Gruntpocalype for a while as I rack up the cR from these Challenges! That'll help me get the fuck out of the Warrant Officer ghetto. :D

Trasher said:
Oh, and I finally got an Extermination.

Of course it was with the shotgun. That's a given.
What in the... How did you get the Extermination without getting an Overkill?

Pretty awesome either way, but I thought you needed the overkill to get it...

WSchA.png

Gui_PT

xxjuicesxx said:
I could have sworn it goes 5 rounds in a Wave (MM Firefight is 1 wave), 3 waves in a set...so the challenge is possible?

Also I love these challenges, I've gone through more Firefight and Campaign than I ever would have. I need those extra credit boosts because I don't have hours to grind anymore like I used to in MM. I feel old, and out of practice.

I'm only at Captain Grade 1 probably everyone on GAF is ahead of me. In exp, not skill though, so really I couldn't care.

Isn't it 1 Round of 5 Waves?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
how many times do I have to play arena 3 times per day before it tells me I'm in the shittest division? I want my iron badge damnit.

Miggytronz

Chorazin said:
Man, I guess tonight is Gruntpocalype for a while as I rack up the cR from these Challenges! That'll help me get the fuck out of the Warrant Officer ghetto. :D

x2!

Warrant Officer has clearly been a pain in BLAM!:D

Chorazin

Mikasangelos said:
x2!

Warrant Officer has clearly been a pain in BLAM!:D

rvg7kw.gif

I'm hoping if I do all the challenges tonight and I'm able to fit in two more campaign levels on Legendary I'll be more than half-way to Captain.

MrDaravon

Gui_PT said:
Isn't it 1 Round of 5 Waves?

Yes.

The Challenge is literally impossible; if you don't die, you get the 1/3 Challenge popup at the end, then after the game you're back at 0/3 (at first I thought maybe they phrased it badly and they didn't have to all be in the same game).

Reminds me of a game we used to play at parties, we'd use measurements like units, boxes, sets, and pallets, and discuss how many were in each...yet there'd be no right answer we would just start and try to get some poor schmuck or straggler who didn't know the game to chime in and think he caught a few right measurements and understood it.

Ganhyun

came to complain about the Bulletproof challenge, found that its already been discussed. :lol :lol

finally made captain though. Damn Warrant Officer 3 to captain was alot of exp.

Chorazin

bobs99 ... said:
I got the metallic arm for 75K, and im not gonna lie, im feeling some buyers remorse. :lol

I'm gonna buy the fuck out of the robot arm as soon as I get the option and the cR. No regrets, no remorse!

Devin Olsen said:

WSchA.png

Yeah, I mentioned that the other day. It's not working as stated, you just need to kill all the other team at once.

Ganhyun

Chorazin said:
I'm gonna buy the fuck out of the robot arm as soon as I get the option and the cR. No regrets, no remorse!

Where is the robot arm? lol. Here I am saving up for the grunt birthday part effect.

Chinner

Banned
i bet bungie is going to make a challenge called "be a bungie employee" and only bungie employees get it and they get like a million credits.

Mr. Sam

Chinner said:
i bet bungie is going to make a challenge called "be a bungie employee" and only bungie employees get it and they get like a million credits.
Should make it a weekly challenge. Give them time to look over my CV.

Ganhyun said:
Where is the robot arm? lol. Here I am saving up for the grunt birthday part effect.

Available at Lt colonel for 75k. I didn't buy it because I didn't even notice it before I read the description of the thing.
I was like ''hmm i already have this chest piece but it's giving me the option to buy another one for 75k?'' because it has the same icon as the Lt col chest piece.

Louis Wu

Heh - I've clearly played a lot less multiplayer than most of you. ;)

Headshot (272)
Revenge (92)
Assist (73)
Pummel (56)
Avenger (41)
Reload This! (33)

My style of play in Reach is DEFINITELY different than it was in Halo 3; my top 5 medals there were

Beat Down (10,988)
Double Kill (3,371)
Assassin! (2,202)
Grenade Stick! (1,991)
Killjoy (1,230)

(In Reach, Double Kills are 32, Grenade Sticks are 28, and Killjoys are 14.)

equil

Devin Olsen said:

WSchA.png

That is kinda odd. But then again, aren't exterminations just killing the entire other team before the first person respawns? (since its objective, the spawns take longer.)
Maybe the definition of an extermination needs revision. :lol

Gui_PT

equil said:
That is kinda odd. But then again, aren't exterminations just killing the entire other team before the first person respawns? (since its objective, the spawns take longer.)
Maybe the definition of an extermination needs revision. :lol

In Halo 3, you needed at least an overkill to earn an extermination. So if the other team had only 3 players, you'd never get an Extermination. Apparently that changed for Reach.

Red

I'm almost done my first custom map. It's my first ever forge effort, but I think it's alright. Anyone willing to test it when it's completed? Will post screenshots soon.

Kill barriers are giving me trouble. I'm trying to set up a soft kill barrier that leads into a kill barrier, but when I actually play, only the kill barrier is effective. I never get a "return to battlefield" message. Is the safe area in kill zones inside the box/cylinder?

ShinAmano

Devin Olsen said:

WSchA.png
I got it the other way around...TS on Sword Base...top of the elevator...killed all four for the overkill...no extermination -_-

This is extra sour since that is the only Halo 3 achievement I don't have. :lol

LordAlu

Gah, Warrant Officer takes forever. I average about 800cR per game... it's gonna take nearly 100 games to finally reach Captain, and i've only done 65 or so since Reach came out! :,(

Trasher

LordAlu said:
Gah, Warrant Officer takes forever. I average about 800cR per game... it's gonna take nearly 100 games to finally reach Captain, and i've only done 65 or so since Reach came out! :,(
It won't take that long when you add on challenges and commendation level-up bonuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom