• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

So yea. Bungie is teh failz!!

First the Bulletproof daily is put up. Then Halo 3 has fallen to 3rd. Talk about epic fails there. That game has flop written all over it. :D

Chinner

Banned
Chorazin said:
I can't wait to get the ODST arm plates, but I doubt I'll use the helmet. I have the Operator helmet now, but I really want the JFO (I think that's the name...) helmet when I rank up more.
once you become a captain you stop caring about the rank stuff....at least until you find out you can make YOUR OWN MASTER CHIEF.

but seriously now that i got my odst im happy.

feel

I love the ODST shoulder pads, they're the only ones I like and plan to buy. I'm still on a very early rank though, I dunno if there's much better stuff to be unlocked, is there a list somewhere detailing the whole armory and what gets unlocked when??

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
LordAlu said:
Gah, Warrant Officer takes forever. I average about 800cR per game... it's gonna take nearly 100 games to finally reach Captain, and i've only done 65 or so since Reach came out! :,(

Load ONI: Sword Base on Normal > Sprint at the very beginning until you get the TL > Move back a few feet until you get a Checkpoint > Aim TL right outside of where you are > Re-load Checkpoint > Rinse/Repeat > ??? > Profit

Oozer3993

Mojo said:
Weekly Challenge

The cable, I'm going to cut it - 5,000 cR
Boot 5 people during a single matchmaking game.

:lol :lol :lol The name is absolutely perfect.

Sai-kun said:
This time baby I'll beeeeee

Bulleeeeetttpprooooooff

Your La Roux avatar came up for me with this post :D

TommyT

Letters said:
I love the ODST shoulder pads, they're the only ones I like and plan to buy. I'm still on a very early rank though, I dunno if there's much better stuff to be unlocked, is there a list somewhere detailing the whole armory and what gets unlocked when??

Halopedia has one... I don't have the link off hand though I know it's been posted before in this thread. I'll do a quick search.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_Permutations

At the bottom there are images.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Letters said:

The last shoulder pad you unlock in the Armory is so bad ass (It's Emile's shoulder pad with the huge knife attached to it). It costs 250,000cR for one piece, though. :(

Chorazin

Man, Contact: Harvest is an awesome read. It was slow to start but it really picked up halfway through. Really cool backstory stuff about the different Covenant races, too.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Mojo said:
Weekly Challenge

The cable, I'm going to cut it - 5,000 cR
Boot 5 people during a single matchmaking game.

:lol

We should all come up with weeklies for the lolz. Here's mine:

Boredwalk, much? - 5,000 cR
Get 5 kills with every power weapon in a single matchmaking game.

Tashi & Kapura: They're not the only ones - 10,000 cR
Get an Assist Spree in multiplayer matchmaking.

Kapura

Banned
Chorazin said:
Man, Contact: Harvest is an awesome read. It was slow to start but it really picked up halfway through. Really cool backstory stuff about the different Covenant races, too.
And the main character knows what the ladies like.

Coming up with challenges?
"What's an objective?" Finish any objective game tied 0-0 in competitive matchmaking - 60 credits

"Rebate" Spend 8 hours in forge getting less than 200 credits for your trouble - 20000 credits (it's what we deserve)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Wanted to repost this for the morning crowd (or perhaps Bungie itself). I had a BTB game last night where the game didn't end until we had 89 kills (BTB games are supposed to be to 75):

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=136273431&player=ErrorJustin (carnage tab)

I have 24 "points" but the carnage tab shows I had 30 kills. Other teammates have similar discrepancies.

The game wasn't glitchy or laggy. I had no betrayals or suicides I can remember. Certainly not six.

One thought I had was that multikills were only being counted as one kill? I had four doubles and a triple, and those six "extra" kills could be the six I lost. But that isn't true of everyone on my team.

Very weird. Is there somewhere I can bring this to Bungie's attention?

I know what the ladies like - 2,000 cR
Get your girlfriend to play Halo with you, without just looking at the floor and ceiling the whole time.

TommyT

The Lamonster said:
Get your girlfriend to play Halo with you, without just looking at the floor and ceiling the whole time.

Woot! I could actually get that one.

Jinjo

Gui_PT said:
I want that Commando helmet! Either that or the Security one.

Same here man. I was deadset on getting it as soon as possible, but that goal kinda diminished after learning you had to be Commander rank to buy it. Just got the WO grind done with and I'm still probably not even about halfway there dammit.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
FYI, if you're a Bungie Pro member, your 5 monthly render minutes expire TODAY. They will be WASTED if you don't spend them rendering something.

So I strongly suggest the several films tagged "neogaf" that are *not* rendered someone should spend a few minutes on: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/filesearch.aspx?tags=neogaf&fc=2 (use the 'month' tab)

If anyone else has clips they would like to have rendered, today would be the day to post them in this topic. A B Pro member can either render your clip or just let the render minute expire in a few hours.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Finally beat it. On legendary by myself.

Some very frustrating parts that are just hard for no reason. Took me like 2 hours for the last level and a half.

feel

Why doesn't meleeing someone (who is assassinating a teammate) on the back kill them in 1 hit?? Is it because they're turning the camera around to face me? If so, I wish it wasn't like that.

Is it just me or is it fun just to chill in the lobby?

You can see all of your friends, good tunes, access to the armory, challenges, commendations, etc.

By the way, if you've got the old version of the challenge (3 rounds), you'll need to quit Reach and load it back up for the new challenge to appear. It won't refresh by itself, or by signing in and out of XBL.

GDJustin said:
FYI, if you're a Bungie Pro member, your 5 monthly render minutes expire TODAY. They will be WASTED if you don't spend them rendering something.

So I strongly suggest the several films tagged "neogaf" that are *not* rendered someone should spend a few minutes on: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/filesearch.aspx?tags=neogaf&fc=2 (use the 'month' tab)

If anyone else has clips they would like to have rendered, today would be the day to post them in this topic. A B Pro member can either render your clip or just let the render minute expire in a few hours.
Oh nice idea.

If someone has extra minutes to burn, could you render this one for me?

ODST riding

I think you'll find it pretty funny. Me and my buddy got on standing on top of some ODSTs as they walked around. Should be about 30 seconds. Thanks in advance!

Hugbot

Neuromancer said:
Oh man I wish that was a real challenge, I'd get it every time without even trying :D
I managed to play a decent game of Infection on Zealot last night. One round was over in ten seconds, the next people camped up top but all of the zombies were smart enough to stay in the bottom and chill out. The next two rounds I held on to a hallway with a shotgun and racked up something like 17 combined kills. That zero-G part needs to be blocked off for infection though, holy hell. I can't wait until Forge maps for infection start popping up, it has a lot of problems on default maps.

Chorazin said:
<3 Lighter Than Some

I've 4 minutes of render time for people to abuse when I get home in an hour.

Wizpig

Bulletproof Challenge Shot Full of Holes

Posted by urk at 9/30/2010 9:13 AM PDT

But it's all better now.

Some of you noticed that today's Daily Challenge, Bulletproof, was so challenging that it was downright impossible. It's all better now. Instead of completing three insurmountable rounds in Firefight Matchmaking without dying, all you have to do is finish one with zero deaths. Good luck!

I Need a Weapon — 3,000 cR
Get ten kills with the plasma pistol in a single game of multiplayer matchmaking

It's the same title as an achievement, but whatever.:lol

Dax01 said:
I Need a Weapon — 3,000 cR
Get ten kills with the plasma pistol in a single game of multiplayer matchmaking

It's the same title as an achievement, but whatever.:lol

Change the title to "Skills for Kills, Agent".

You need some skills to kill people with the Plasma pistol.

Gui_PT

Jinjo said:
Same here man. I was deadset on getting it as soon as possible, but that goal kinda diminished after learning you had to be Commander rank to buy it. Just got the WO grind done with and I'm still probably not even about halfway there dammit.

Commander? Really? Aw, I'm nowhere near that :lol

Edit: Oh, now it's "Complete 1 Rounds" :lol :lol

GDJustin said:

Could someone tell me how it works if you have purchased minutes?

I bought 20 minutes (or something along those lines)... I know for sure I haven't used my five free minutes from this month, so if I were to use a render minute right now would it come out of my 5 free minutes a month pool, or from the minutes I bought?

GDJustin said:

Woah, render minuites expire??? What if I wanted to like capture more than a 5 minuite clip?

Ill be cheeky and throw this in here if anyone has loads of minuites expiring today, but dont waste your minuites on it unless this is the case:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=3903881&player=bobs99

The Lamonster said:
:lol Yes!! An easy 2000cR.

Ghost in a Shell - 450cR
Have your hologram sustain damage that would normally kill 2 foes.

Biodo... I mean Biofoam - 750
Recharge your health with a med pack 3 times in a matchmaking game.

There is... another... - 5000cR
Buy another copy of Halo:Reach, just in case, or just because.

ElRenoRaven

Devin Olsen said:
Could someone tell me how it works if you have purchased minutes?

I bought 20 minutes (or something along those lines)... I know for sure I haven't used my five free minutes from this month, so if I were to use a render minute right now would it come out of my 5 free minutes a month pool, or from the minutes I bought?

Bought minutes carry over. Your monthly minutes don't. You will always use your monthly minutes first before using bought minutes.

Chorazin

Zeouterlimits said:
<3 Lighter Than Some

I've 4 minutes of render time for people to abuse when I get home in an hour.

Word! Next up after I finish the last few pages of Contact: Harvest is The Cole Protocol. Looks really good!

Raide said:
What's yours is mine...
Betray someone when they get a Power Weapon before you. 2000 Cr.
Arena yesterday, a guy rushes to the sniper, dies, I come in, kill the guy who took it from him and then another guy, take the sniper back.

My teammate follows me around, muttering obscenities, and then just as we enter a firefight he punches me, waits until I am shot to death, then takes the sniper rifle. And dies without killing anyone.

Coupled with his being an abusive dick to the other team from minute zero, this bothered me enough that I said screw it to my rating at that point and started shooting him constantly to no shields, until he resorted to one of the foulest tirades I have ever heard and then quit the game with 1 kill, 4 deaths. We lost 50-39, and if he hadn't been such a baby it might have been close.

But I dunno, he seemed pretty bad at the game. Here's to you, "S WalkZz".

I played two matches in a row (Team Slayer) where my three teammates quit out of the game. Is this a new thing? It seems to be happening quite a bit lately.

Also: When this happens, tea-bagging the lone player that your (four player) team is killing is a really good way to make someone internet angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom