• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azar

GhaleonEB said:
I'm picking up the pace on my cR accumulation tonight, as my quest to get it must be shortened. It will make death much more pleasant. :lol

I figured out how to finish the final areas of my map between last night and this morning. Fixing the upper man cannons, re-built the bases, got the draw bridge figured out (been stumping me for a week) and have a plan for the lower level. Finally. One or two epic Forging sessions should do it.
Your map is primarily vehicle combat focused, right? Can't wait to play it--that's my favorite type of Halo, and you put so much thought and love into what you create.

ElRenoRaven

Neuromancer said:
I think ODST was pretty good story wise and Reach was very good.

3 was awful though, Cortana's interruptions in the middle of the levels were horrendous. Thank god they did away with that in-your-face game-stopping nonsense.

Wow. I loved those. The game would have been a hell of a lot more boring without those.

Neuromancer said:
I think ODST was pretty good story wise and Reach was very good.

3 was awful though, Cortana's interruptions in the middle of the levels were horrendous. Thank god they did away with that in-your-face game-stopping nonsense.
Reach storytelling was very good?

Why did all the Spartans have different accents? Were there other Spartans on Reach besides Noble team? Why the hell was Halsey behind a glass wall in that scene? Why did they run out of nukes? Why is Forerunner shit on that planet?????

I have no fucking idea about any of these questions. You guys can answer them for me if you want but my point is that once again, Bungie did a terrible job conveying everything they needed to convey story-wise.

Luckily, gameplay in Reach is ace :D

The Lamonster said:

Why did all the Spartans have different accents? Were there other Spartans on Reach besides Noble team? Why the hell was Halsey behind a glass wall in that scene? Why did they run out of nukes? Why is Forerunner shit on that planet?????

I have no fucking idea about any of these questions. You guys can answer them for me if you want but my point is that once again, Bungie did a terrible job conveying everything they needed to convey story-wise.

Ah you can't sweat little stuff like that.

I just meant in terms of tone and atmosphere more than anything else. I liked the dialogue and characters too.

GhaleonEB

Azar said:
Your map is primarily vehicle combat focused, right? Can't wait to play it--that's my favorite type of Halo, and you put so much thought and love into what you create.
Yup, BTB all the way. Two Warthogs, two Revenants and six Mongoose ('geese?).

And also, four man cannons. Because man cannons are awesome.

ElRenoRaven

Captain Blood said:
I really don't know if I have known someone with this opinion, lol.

Well now you do. I can honestly say I have no complaints about Halo 3's single player at all except maybe the flood pure forms can be a bit annoying. Other then that I loved every moment of Halo 3's single player. I even loved the Cortana level. Course I also loved the Library level in Halo 1. lol

ElRenoRaven

electricpirate said:
Heh, I had a guy try to assassinate my hologram once, miss, and fall off the edge of paradiso.

The worst part? He was on MY OWN TEAM. :lol

That's just sad. Would make for a hilarious video though.

The Lamonster said:

Why did all the Spartans have different accents? Were there other Spartans on Reach besides Noble team? Yes, but they weren't relevant to what Noble team was doing, so it doesn't matter Why the hell was Halsey behind a glass wall in that scene? who cares? Why does this matter? Anyway, the facility was in lockdown. Why did they run out of nukes? dunno,.Why is Forerunner shit on that planet????? ...It's been there since Fall of Reach. The Forerunners used Reach as an outpost/colony. We don't know exactly what for because the characters don't know what the hell it was used for.

My comments in Bold.

cuevas said:
They had accents because they were from different colonies.

Yup, they were spartan 3's - so they werent as young as the Chief and other Spartan 2's when they were enlisted. They were more like volunteers who had been orphaned by the war at an early age or something like that.

So the accents (and personalities) sort of make sense but as for the other questions, who knows. :lol The radios on the multiplayer maps discusse what Spartan Red team was doing on Reach, but again the campaign doesnt really communicate this well.

PsychoRaven said:
Wow. I loved those. The game would have been a hell of a lot more boring without those.
I'd say they were there to hide some on the spot loading, not that I mind but after a few runs throughs it was slightly annoying.

Epyon MX said:
Anybody heard any good IWHBYD dialogue?

I had a marine gunner in my falcon say "just like shooting swamp rats back home!" when he bagged a banshee.

After sticking an Elite: "Host!"

Grunt: "Shoot-da-whoop!"

Marine, while looking at his ass: "Party's over, Lieutenant."

big ander

Ten percent of nuthin is... - 1000cR
Hold your opponent to 0 scores in any matchmaking objective gametype.

I'm a leaf on the wind - 500cR
Get a splatter in a Falcon in campaign or matchmaking.

Two by Two, Faces of Blue - 350cR
Kill two players in Matchmaking who are using the Blue visor.

Were there monkeys? Some terrifying space monkeys? - 750 cR
Kill 100 brutes in campaign and matchmaking.

Sill4

The Lamonster said:

I'm not saying Bungie's storytelling is flawless, but this is a pretty half assed post to try and discredit them.

Different accents? they are from different solar systems, brah. Forerunner shit has been confirmed on Reach since First Strike came out. The other stuff is pretty much irrelevant to the story. I mean, why the fuck are moa on Reach?

Sorry if I sound aggressive, not trying to be.

feel

Was playing a round of gruntpocalipse on Score Attack to get Bulletproof, and got stuck with a plasma nade by the LAST grunt alive at the end of the round... "Challenge Failed"

Couldn't do anything but laugh at the utter fail :lol :lol :lol

Mr. Sam

Letters said:
Was playing a round of gruntpocalipse on Score Attack to get Bulletproof, and got stuck with a plasma nade by the LAST grunt alive at the end of the round... "Challenge Failed"

Couldn't do anything but laugh at the utter fail :lol :lol :lol

Well, at least it's slightly less irritating than falling victim to a Fuel Rod Gun. That thing makes me rage.

GhaleonEB

7echnicolor said:
Can you link me to your map? I'd love to download it.
Still in progress. My goal is to have Slayer and CTF configured for customs Saturday night, then set up the other game types (Stockpile, Assault, Headhunter, Race) and make any adjustments based on the test feedback.

I'll post update pics tonight. It...changed again.

At which point I'll gladly link it up to share. :)

Sill4 said:
I'm not saying Bungie's storytelling is flawless, but this is a pretty half assed post to try and discredit them.

Different accents? they are from different solar systems, brah. Forerunner shit has been confirmed on Reach since First Strike came out. The other stuff is pretty much irrelevant to the story. I mean, why the fuck are moa on Reach?
My point is, watch Star Wars or some other sci-fi with good storytelling, and you're not left with all these little unexplained questions and huge plot holes. Shit like Forerunner structures on Reach without any explanation = retarded as hell. That's a huge deal and no one explains it at all, ever.

GhaleonEB said:
Yup, BTB all the way. Two Warthogs, two Revenants and six Mongoose ('geese?).

And also, four man cannons. Because man cannons are awesome.
One of the best (possibly the best) things to ever be introduced into Halo. Period.

Kapura

Banned
I got another confession to make: I've never gone an entire round of gruntpocalypse alone and lived. They all have fuel rod guns and they sneak up on me. I go for multiplayer when I want to survive.

Kapura said:
I got another confession to make: I've never gone an entire round of gruntpocalypse alone and lived. They all have fuel rod guns and they sneak up on me. I go for multiplayer when I want to survive.

I've done it exactly once. On Corvette. By playing like a complete sissy. :lol

EDIT: By this, I mean going flawless. I've only failed (i.e., lost all my lives) on a Gruntpocalypse once.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kapura said:

I've made it through a few. You just gotta prevent death by finding ways to stay out of their range, like hanging out on roofs and shit. You die a lot of you try to take them head on. As long as I stay out of their 'nade tossing range I can survive with a few lives left.

Falagard

big ander said:
Ten percent of nuthin is... - 1000cR
Hold your opponent to 0 scores in any matchmaking objective gametype.

I'm a leaf on the wind - 500cR
Get a splatter in a Falcon in campaign or matchmaking.

Two by Two, Faces of Blue - 350cR
Kill two players in Matchmaking who are using the Blue visor.

Haha oh man, those are all so awesome. Firefly themed daily challenges FTW.

Magni

Gruntpocalypse is easy: stay near ammo and pick 'em off with the DMR over and over again. Kill the FRG guys first (always only take one shot, no masks), and be wary of 'nades or plasma launcher rounds.

Don't rush in the middle all guns blazing, that's the best way to die :lol

Kapura said:

Yeah usually I jetpack towards them and die over and over. I made the effort to survive today, but its not usually how I play. :lol

Magni

big ander said:

Brute Slayer! Humans vs Brutes Invasion! Elites vs Brutes Invasion!

I wish we had a Firefight mode where you played an Elite against Marines and Spartans :lol

Kapura said:
I always end up getting cocky towards the end and do something stupid to get myself killed. Always.

Sai-kun

Banned
Today, one of my professors was talking to us about well-designed games, and he went to...guess what website to show us what game? :D

170293274-a07932e7dcefcafc3150d1e155470993.4ca4ec40-full.jpg

The Lamonster said:
My point is, watch Star Wars or some other sci-fi with good storytelling, and you're not left with all these little unexplained questions and huge plot holes. Shit like Forerunner structures on Reach without any explanation = retarded as hell. That's a huge deal and no one explains it at all, ever.

Star Wars? Really :lol

The Forerunner structures have been known to have been on Reach since, literally, 2001. There is no explanation because the characters in the universe have no idea what the hell the Reach structures were for.

Sordid

After posting in the old thread about someone on my friends list losing his Legendary campaign progress I did my Legendary run offline. I didn't realise 'till near the end that I wasn't getting any commendations though, I got a whopping 60 cR per mission :lol

Captain seems so far away :*(

LQX

I decided to play the original Halo and man it makes so much sense now. The story almost perfectly continues from Reach.

Magni

Sai-kun said:
Today, one of my professors was talking to us about well-designed games, and he went to...guess what website to show us what game? :D

http://web24.twitpic.com/img/170293274-a07932e7dcefcafc3150d1e155470993.4ca4ec40-full.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Haha nice! I spent so much time on that :lol

(looks weird to see someone with a hat on in class, cultural thing :lol)

big ander

MagniHarvald said:
Brute Slayer! Humans vs Brutes Invasion! Elites vs Brutes Invasion!

I wish we had a Firefight mode where you played an Elite against Marines and Spartans :lol
I were are baed at walkin an typin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom