• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Oh Gosh :3 - 2000 points
Make the :3 face in real life

Oh Gosh!! :3 - 8000 points
Everyone on your team made the :3 face in real life

In For The Kill - 3000 points
Get a Killing Spree while singing a La Roux song.

I'm A Free Bitch, Baby! - 6464 points
Sing a Lady Gaga song while using an armor ability.

:D I would have the Lady Gaga challenge completed a million times.

Edit: best first post on a new page :lol

PalaceBrother said:
Also: When this happens, tea-bagging the lone player that your (four player) team is killing is a really good way to make someone internet angry.

I don't get this, I mean I sorta get teabagging in a regular evenly matched game. It's a (stupid) way of saying "I'm better than you" but when it's against someone who is entirely outnumbered....yeah, don't get it.

randomlyrossy said:
I don't get this, I mean I sorta get teabagging in a regular evenly matched game. It's a (stupid) way of saying "I'm better than you" but when it's against someone who is entirely outnumbered....yeah, don't get it.

When I get teabagged by people that DIDN'T get the kill on me I just laugh at them.

Don't know if I'm a million years, late, but it was news to me...

Image found in the BWU:
Reach_AdditionalAchievementDiscovery.jpg

10 achievements for 250GS in Reach DLC?

Anybody heard any good IWHBYD dialogue?

I had a marine gunner in my falcon say "just like shooting swamp rats back home!" when he bagged a banshee.

Aah, Space Lizards! save me! - 1000 cR
Kill 25 elites with the melee while they are attacking a spartan.

Makes no sense - 300 cR
Blow up a scorpion with the sniper rifle.

Throw one on the barbie' - 500 cR
Kill 5 elites with the focus rifle

Be the missile - 250 cR
Crash a mongoose into an enemy vehicle and explode.

ElRenoRaven

Oozer3993 said:
I tried to upload a clip from Campaign called "Spiker beats everything" but was told the name was inappropriate. Seriously?

Yea Bungie's automatic censor is a bit strict. It regularly censors default names. It's been like this since Halo 3.

I regularly would edit a map and leave the default description the same only to have it censor it due to this or it's name which would be like Old School whatever the map was.

Major Williams said:

Image found in the BWU:

They're coming free in the October update if I recall correctly.

Oozer3993

Neuromancer said:
They're coming free in the October update if I recall correctly.

I'm almost positive they are NOT in the October update. That update is solely for playlists. The new achievements will probably come from the first DLC.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Sai-kun said:
:D I would have the Lady Gaga challenge completed a million times.

Edit: best first post on a new page :lol

?

Anyway, I'm noticing a problem that existed in Halo 3 is getting worse in Area: why are people on your team allowed to shoot you after you've been fighting an opponent and not have it count as a betrayal? People are using this left and right to take a teammate's weapon that they want. Might as well be an FFA playlist. :-\

ElRenoRaven

Oozer3993 said:
I'm almost positive they are NOT in the October update. That update is solely for playlists. The new achievements will probably come from the first DLC.

Yea. The update are just playlist updates. Those will come with the first DLC no doubt at all.

cuevas said:
When I get teabagged by people that DIDN'T get the kill on me I just laugh at them.

If there was an animated GIF of someone bringing up the rear and teabagging bodies he didn't drop, I would laugh. It has happened to me far too often.

LQX

Major Williams said:

Image found in the BWU:

I hope that is fake. I'm just two achievements way from getting a complete and don't want ten more absurd achievements added so quickly.

randomlyrossy said:

Do you know why you teabag? You teabag to piss off your opponents and force them to play angry. Most players play worse when they're angry. It's akin to putting your opponent on tilt in a game of poker. Learning how to piss off your opponents, and learning how to calm down when they're pissing you off, is key to winning.
And I'm not very good at it - I can rage pretty hard :lol

Mr. Sam

Glowingmonx said:
Oh did I just betray that camping guy with 300 total points in rocket fight wave 5?
I'm so sorry ;(

They'd get more cR from actually participating than camping to get the challenge.

JB1981

Hey what is the sound effect where it sounds like a bunch of kids screaming "yay!!!!" after kills in BTB on Paradiso? :lol

JB1981 said:
Hey what is the sound effect where it sounds like a bunch of kids screaming "yay!!!!" after kills in BTB on Paradiso? :lol
It's for the "birthday party" armor effect. Someone in the game must have had it enabled.

Gui_PT

JB1981 said:

It's the Grunt Birthday Party Armor Effect. 200k credits

IronRinn

This may be a stupid question but yesterday I noticed that I was getting into a lot of team matches with pairs of players with the same screen names but one had a (1) after it (for example, say, Halo13373R and Halo13373R(1)). The second name with the (1) never had a rank. What is the deal with this? Is it just two people playing on the same console? Couldn't figure it out. It may be inconsequential, but I figured if anyone would know it would be HaloGAF.

ElRenoRaven

IronRinn said:
This may be a stupid question but yesterday I noticed that I was getting into a lot of team matches with pairs of players with the same screen names but one had a (1) after it (for example, say, Halo13373R and Halo13373R(1)). The second name with the (1) never had a rank. What is the deal with this? Is it just two people playing on the same console. Couldn't figure it out. It may be inconsequential, but I figured if anyone would know it would be HaloGAF.

Yup those are people playing on one console. The guests show up with they persons name with a number after it. So say you see PsychoRaven, PsychoRaven (2), PsychoRaven (3), and PsychoRaven (4) for example. That means there are 4 of us on one console in the game.

IronRinn

PsychoRaven said:
Yup those are people playing on one console. The guests show up with they persons name with a number after it. So say you see PsychoRaven, PsychoRaven (2), PsychoRaven (3), and PsychoRaven (4) for example. That means there are 4 of us on one console in the game.

Thank you sir!

Ditto to you, Mooreberg.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
IronRinn said:
This may be a stupid question but yesterday I noticed that I was getting into a lot of team matches with pairs of players with the same screen names but one had a (1) after it (for example, say, Halo13373R and Halo13373R(1)). The second name with the (1) never had a rank. What is the deal with this? Is it just two people playing on the same console? Couldn't figure it out. It may be inconsequential, but I figured if anyone would know it would be HaloGAF.

People with guests. It gets ugly when only one accidental team kill gets three people booted out of a 4 v 4 match. :lol

ElRenoRaven

Mooreberg said:
People with guests. It gets ugly when only one accidental team kill gets three people booted out of a 4 v 4 match. :lol

Yes it does. I've seen that happen a lot. That's one reason I don't like having people with guests on my team. That and if one quits they all quit since they are on the same console.

Zeouterlimits said:
Rendering :)

3 minutes left for people.

Hey thanks a lot!

Also a dude on Bungie.net has been compiling the radio log audio on the various multiplayer maps. Its actually pretty awesome stuff which gives back info on Halsey/ Cortana and literally discusses Red teams actions on Reach during the battle.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=49670283&postRepeater1-p=1

I love this stuff - I wish this was communicated better during the campaign, it would have made the battle for Reach seem more epic knowing that your not the only one partaking in battles.

I also posted this on HBO.

ElRenoRaven

Gui_PT said:
Yeah, it gets old really fast. But i'd like it if the effect was triggered whenever I killed a person (that would never get old)

Yea if that was the case I'd be ok with it. However it's when anyone kills them so it's a constant YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!

GhaleonEB

The Lamonster said:
It's for the "birthday party" armor effect. Someone in the game must have had it enabled.
I'm picking up the pace on my cR accumulation tonight, as my quest to get it must be shortened. It will make death much more pleasant. :lol

I figured out how to finish the final areas of my map between last night and this morning. Fixing the upper man cannons, re-built the bases, got the draw bridge figured out (been stumping me for a week) and have a plan for the lower level. Finally. One or two epic Forging sessions should do it.

Mooreberg said:

A guy booted me and 2 friends playing on 1 console out of a 4v6 invasion slayer match today. So he had to play 1v6 for 5 mins...

bobs99 ... said:
Hey thanks a lot!

Also a dude on Bungie.net has been compiling the radio log audio on the various multiplayer maps. Its actually pretty awesome stuff which gives back info on Halsey/ Cortana and literally discusses Red teams actions on Reach during the battle.

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=49670283&postRepeater1-p=1

I love this stuff - I wish this was communicated better during the campaign, it would have made the battle for Reach seem more epic knowing that your not the only one partaking in battles.

I also posted this on HBO.
Bungie's stories are truly epic. Their story telling... is rarely.

Scarecrow

Wren said:
If I'm not mistaken your reticle wont turn red when targeting a hologram.
yeah, i know. also their name won't show up over their heads. I'm not thinking about that sort of thing in the thick of it.

Scarecrow said:
yeah, i know. also their name won't show up over their heads. I'm not thinking about that sort of thing in the thick of it.
Which is easily why hologram is one of the better AAs. They have been clutch more than not.

Arena doubles: stick by your teammate who has invis. When enemies get near, their radar is f-ed up, and you throw a hologram in their direction? Easy 1,2 punch.

ElRenoRaven

Scarecrow said:

In the thick of it I can see someone getting fooled. Can't say I have been though. It's fun to watch someone pop a hologram and have it run at you only for you to keep shooting them.

I think ODST was pretty good story wise and Reach was very good.

3 was awful though, Cortana's interruptions in the middle of the levels were horrendous. Thank god they did away with that in-your-face game-stopping nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom