• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chorazin

LordAlu said:
Gah, Warrant Officer takes forever. I average about 800cR per game... it's gonna take nearly 100 games to finally reach Captain, and i've only done 65 or so since Reach came out! :,(

Play campaign on a harder difficulty than you already have and play Firefight, you get tons of credits that way and it's crazy fun!

So im probably the only person in the world who wants this, but has anyone made a Zeolot variant where you spawn in space and the floor is sealed off? I tried making it just now, but like your limited in only being able to make boxes and sandbags, it would literally take forever to seal off the foor. Whoever made the MLG varient must have the patience of a saint - and thats a fairly small job compared to sealing off the entire roof.

Its probably not a job worth doing, considering the playable space up there is miniscule anyway, I think it would play like an hilarious version of Octagon. When you kill your opponent theyre body would float off. :lol

Im not exactly a fan of octagon, but I would love to play that.

droppedbear

Neo Member
Also managed to finish of the Warrant Officer Grind today. Played a mixture of FF and MM to keep it fresh and just had a ball playing Halo :D.

Crunched said:
I'm almost done my first custom map. It's my first ever forge effort, but I think it's alright. Anyone willing to test it when it's completed? Will post screenshots soon.

Kill barriers are giving me trouble. I'm trying to set up a soft kill barrier that leads into a kill barrier, but when I actually play, only the kill barrier is effective. I never get a "return to battlefield" message. Is the safe area in kill zones inside the box/cylinder?
Unless you have trouble spots that you don't want people to access, you'll only need the soft safe zone around the confines of your map.

Red

squidhands said:
Unless you have trouble spots that you don't want people to access, you'll only need the soft safe zone around the confines of your map.
It's a FW map that extends from the coliseum a bit over the outside water. I need to block off the alcove above the coliseum and around the platforms outside (there is a Banshee on the map and I don't want players to be able to simply fly away once they get a lead). I prefer soft kill barriers, but I can't get them to work properly. I'm booting the game up again now to try again.

Man I just can't win with the videos on Waypoint, because of my fairly crap connection I used to get horribly low quality videos that were pixelated to hell. Now though it's giving me pretty reasonable quality but I have to put up with constant buffering. :lol

Kujo

Tomorrows challenges:

Complete a mission on Legendary in 5 player Co-op.

Get an Infection Spree in Invasion.

Complete a full game on the map Waterworks.

Get a Splatter Spree with the Sniper Rifle.

Mojo said:
Tomorrows challenges:

Wow, I didn't realize this was a joke until I read the last one. :lol

Mojo said:
Tomorrow's challenges:

Only one challenge that isnt working. And Gaf reacts like this. haha! I luv u Gaf.

Maybe the challenge is a mistake and should be online next week, because ManCannon said that Firefight will have endless rounds with the next title update.

Hey You

Mojo said:
Tomorrows challenges:

Easy peasy.

Mojo said:
Tomorrows challenges:

Weekly Challenge

Yeah, Right - 10,000 cR
Play ten games in the Team Slayer play-list without playing SWAT or Snipers

Crunched said:
It's a FW map that extends from the coliseum a bit over the outside water. I need to block off the alcove above the coliseum and around the platforms outside (there is a Banshee on the map and I don't want players to be able to simply fly away once they get a lead). I prefer soft kill barriers, but I can't get them to work properly. I'm booting the game up again now to try again.
The soft safe zone should be able to do what you're wanting. From what I've gathered in Bungie's posts, the Kill Zones are meant to be used for spaces inside your playable area that you don't want people to exploit. So, going by what you've said, you could place a Soft Safe Zone that covers the Coliseum and the outside bit to allow for some Banshee play, and place a Soft Kill Zone in the Quarry to keep people out of there.

squidhands said:
But if people should be able to fall off your map to their death, hard kill zones may be needed.

Wizpig

I managed to did all of the daily challenges yesterday, I think i can do it again today... but still... Firefight Matchmaking = shitty.

At least i can play alone without the risk of input lag.

Devin Olsen said:
Weekly Challenge

Yeah, Right - 10,000 cR
Play ten games in the Team Slayer play-list without playing SWAT or Snipers

I had the pleasure of playing BTB Snipers on Boneyard yesterday. Instant spawn deaths galore. Who thought this was a good idea?

But for the challenge stated above, it's possible. Just gather 5 friends, out vote the majority...4 would probably work too.

Gui_PT

Wizpig said:
I managed to did all of the daily challenges yesterday, I think i can do it again today... but still... Firefight Matchmaking = shitty.

At least i can play alone without the risk of input lag.

I bet 100 dollars you can't get all daily challenges today.

Louis Wu

Trasher said:
Really? It's all white with blue lettered links for me. Weird.

That suggests you didn't load the style sheets. Force-reload (Alt-F5 on a PC, Option-Command-R on a Mac), should fix the problem.

Gui_PT said:
This is a dangerous thing to bet; Bungie might fix that last one. :)

Wizpig

Gui_PT said:
:lol

What, you have no faith in my skillz?!
You would be right.

But why is that? are there especially difficult challenges?

Hugbot

Yesterday I got a "Showstopper" medal (kill an opponent while they are performing an assassination) by punching the guy that was assassinating me. <3 armor lock.

LordAlu said:
Gah, Warrant Officer takes forever. I average about 800cR per game... it's gonna take nearly 100 games to finally reach Captain, and i've only done 65 or so since Reach came out! :,(

I hear you. After 138 games, I'm only halfway through Warrant Officer Grade 2. Fuck this shit, I though it was Grade 3. I'm going to have to bust my ass,
and hopefully not cheese too much
, to make it to Captain this weekend.

Gui_PT

Louis Wu said:
This is a dangerous thing to bet; Bungie might fix that last one. :)

That would obviously change the conditions of the bet and therefore, make it invalid. *wink*

Wizpig said:

You would be right.

Let's call it... my female intuition.

Trasher

Wizpig said:

You would be right.

Please read the page before this one.

Thanks,

HaloGAF

Louis Wu

Game of Hot Potato, we're winning (143-107 or something - we're 7 seconds from finishing the game). Two of us go after the guy on the other team holding the bomb, and a bunny-hopping enemy starts messing with us. We're shooting at him, but not very successfully; he, on the other hand, is landing shots on BOTH of us. We throw grenades almost simultaneously (I was a tiny bit faster, I guess).

One of our teammates picks that moment to drop down from above, landing behind this guy to assassinate him. ASSASSINATE HIM!

Of course he's there long enough for our two grenades to kill him. I get the "Yoink!", my teammate gets the betrayal (because one grenade only nearly killed him - it was the second that wiped him out). Dead guy boots betrayer - who was in a party with the fourth teammate.

We lose, 150-143, because the two of us can't get close to the bomb-holder. :(

I hate hate HATE that people reflexively boot a betrayer, without considering if it was intentional not. :(

Spaceman Spiff said:
I hear you. After 138 games, I'm only halfway through Warrant Officer Grade 2. Fuck this shit, I though it was Grade 3. I'm going to have to bust my ass,
and hopefully not cheese too much
, to make it to Captain this weekend.

Yeah, WO Grade 3 to Captain. Took FOREVER. It eases up once you make it to Capt., Captain to Capt. Grade 1 was a breeze.

Chorazin

Wizpig said:
first!!1!

Changing the subject, do you guys know if there's a "fix" to make your Reach Spartan update on the B.net site? it's still my day-one Spartan, basically... it hasn't updated in ages.

I even tried to log B.net while playing Reach.
Thanks.

Until server load is decreased, that function of B.net has been disabled. It seems like sometimes it'll turn on and update some people, but it's rare.

Trasher

Wizpig said:
first!!1!

Changing the subject, do you guys know if there's a "fix" to make your Reach Spartan update on the B.net site? it's still my day-one Spartan, basically... it hasn't updated in ages.

I even tried to log B.net while playing Reach.
Thanks.
There's nothing you can do about it. Bungie shut off the updating on that. Mine hasn't updated in over a week.

Shake Appeal said:
But if people should be able to fall off your map to their death, hard kill zones may be needed.
Very true, forgot to mention that. I add one at a 3-count after I jump off the lowest part of my map.

Gui_PT

Mojo said:
Weekly Challenge

The cable, I'm going to cut it - 5,000 cR
Boot 5 people during a single matchmaking game.

You have to get the Weekly Challenge in one single game? Come on Bungle.

feel

Do the 5 rendering minutes you get with Bungie Pro monthly stack up month after month if you don't use them? Or do you lose them?

edit-

30ro3nd.jpg

szhi4n.jpg

Devin Olsen said:
Use 'em or lose 'em
Dammit. Thanks. And slowed down the gifs.

Letters said:
Do the free 5 monthly rendering minutes you get with Bungie Pro stack up month after month if you don't use them? Or do you lose them?
Use 'em or lose 'em

In-case I wasn't clear, no they do not stack up each month..

Edit: Awesome gif, I would suggest slowing it down though if that's at all possible.

Chinner

Banned
i like it when i see other people using odst armour in reach. cause i know they are the best and they also look totally fabulous.

I think the assist challenges the other day will have served as vital data in showing just how they are given out across the board. I am curious to see how, if at all, Bungie decides to change them.

Chorazin

Chinner said:
i like it when i see other people using odst armour in reach. cause i know they are the best and they also look totally fabulous.

I can't wait to get the ODST arm plates, but I doubt I'll use the helmet. I have the Operator helmet now, but I really want the JFO (I think that's the name...) helmet when I rank up more.

Wizpig

Gui_PT said:
Let's call it... my female intuition.
:lol :lol

I just read about the challenge.
No way.

Here's your imaginary $100.
Trasher said:
There's nothing you can do about it. Bungie shut off the updating on that. Mine hasn't updated in over a week.
Chorazin said:
Until server load is decreased, that function of B.net has been disabled. It seems like sometimes it'll turn on and update some people, but it's rare.
Gotcha, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom