• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember when Tony Hawk, Rob Zombie and Bruce Willis were just the coolest shit ever?

Aerosmith too
37062-title-Revolution-X.jpg

Last edited:
Apocalypse was good stuff! I still have it.

I also once made a fake bracelet while inside Ozzfest to look like the one they were giving out to meet Rob Zombie.
So I met him and got his autograph, then they take your bracelet back . . . that's when I had to run.

I wish Messiah was a good game. Fear Factory did the music for that one.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Whenever I install a PS1 emulator on any of my devices Apocalypse is one of the first games I try.
Hell yeah man. It's such an addictive game that's like instantly gratifying by throwing you into an orgy of violence and explosions set to an industrial metal soundtrack within like 30 seconds of pressing the start button.

I don't think I've ever played anything that would just get my vibe harder than this game, lol.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Rob zombie was cool? Really?
When we were like 10 years old hell yeah he was. That intro to Nightmare Creatures 2 blew our fucking socks off.

Apocalypse was good stuff! I still have it.

I also once made a fake bracelet while inside Ozzfest to look like the one they were giving out to meet Rob Zombie.
So I met him and got his autograph, then they take your bracelet back . . . that's when I had to run.

I wish Messiah was a good game. Fear Factory did the music for that one.
That's a cool story. Wish that I could meet him like that. The closest I ever got to meeting a rock star was when Al Jourgensen from Ministry pointed a finger at me during a concert when the crowd split up for a wall of death and I stayed in the middle, lol.

When we were like 10 years old hell yeah he was. That intro to Nightmare Creatures 2 blew our fucking socks off.

That's a cool story. Wish that I could meet him like that. The closest I ever got to meeting a rock star was when Al Jourgensen from Ministry pointed a finger at me during a concert when the crowd split up for a wall of death and I stayed in the middle, lol.
I've met a ton of bands I like, but most are smaller. I was even in the tour bus with the Union Underground when that was a thing.

I also ran into Tommy Lee in a grocery store, and the rest of the band and the tour bus was in the parking lot. He was starring at boxes of pasta looking stoned out of his mind. I told him how Dr Feelgood was the first tape I ever bought and he was just like "cool man", then his body guard started approaching so i knew it was time to walk away.

They were certainly cool when I was growing up. But I wasn’t never really into it, I was always into either yugioh, beyblade, naruto, and games like Pokémon/Spyro/crash. I guess I did join the guitar hero/rock band phase.

My mom’s favorite movie at the time was Armageddon hilariously though lol

Last edited:

Nico_D

Yeah. Well not necessarily the games but Bruce Willis was a big hero for the younger me. I obsessed over Moonlightning and when I was old enough to see Die Hard... oh man.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Tony hawk games were well done for people who didn’t really care about skateboarding.

homer simpson episode 6 GIF

Way of the warrior was the best Naughty Dog game, and introduced me to White Zombie! (Later was disbanded, and Rob keeps solo career)

As a fan of Rob Zombie, YES I DO remember those games!
And The Prodigy + Wipeout ? SIIIICKK too!

Not to mention the masterpiece Splatterhouse (2010) with tons of great metal bands while you crush enemies!

Last edited:
Bruce Willis in the 90’s was great. Tony Hawk exploded into the gaming market, no one expected it. I remember going into GameStop and asking if they had any copies left and the guys behind the counter laughed, they had no idea it would be as popular as it ended up being.

Rob Zombie though? I mean I guess Dragula or whatever was way overplayed.

MiguelItUp

As an 80's kid, I absolutely adored growing up through the 90s. The amount of licensed music in games was pretty awesome. Especially when it wasn't expected at all. Man, just that transition of video game music being midis, to full on band recordings was so wild.

When Quake 2 came out I absolutely LOVED that soundtrack, especially since that was shortly after the time I first really started getting into music.

Revolution-X was wild because of the whole Aerosmith thing, but I always thought they were cheesy, haha. But White Zombie being in Way of the Warrior was so cool at the time. Hell, and the Tony Hawk games legit helped some folks discover music and really get into it. Be it punk, hardcore, or metal. It's pretty wild how much that series affected people.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'm playing through Apocalypse again. It's such a ridiculously fun game. Ah, the times when Activision wasn't just a giant Call of Duty sweatshop and they actually took risks on strange little games like this one.

Top Bottom