• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Kid to show off 3DS FPS [Up: preview on Jan. 24th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riki

which others out of interest? :eek:

Shinen said on the 6th that they would show off Fast in a few weeks.
APEIXCON said that Nintendo asked for media a while ago and was hoping to show it off at the end of January.
Hanakai studios said they would show off their RPG soon.

jeffers

Shinen said on the 6th that they would show off Fast in a few weeks.
APEIXCON said that Nintendo asked for media a while ago and was hoping to show it off at the end of January.
Hanakai studios said they would show off their RPG soon.

Oh cool. was hoping that they wouldnt be specific since means waiting on nintendo to take the lead! (why I question this renegade friday one a bit)

Richie

If indeed hints of a Direct, it'd be suspicious to me that he'd be allowed to drop the specific date before an official announcement from Nintendo. We'll see. Here's hoping.

Tripon

If indeed hints of a Direct, it'd be suspicious to me that he'd be allowed to drop the specific date before an official announcement from Nintendo. We'll see. Here's hoping.

He's only talking about his game, you can talk about your specific game without revealing another company's plans.

wsippel

Banned
Emily Rogers
‏@Emi1yRogers
Just got permission to say this. January 24th announcement for Renegade Kid's 3DS FPS game will be exclusively on http://IGN.com .

https://twitter.com/Emi1yRogers/status/425756448836960256

so no Direct it would seem D:
He always said it would be a press event, he never said anything about a Direct. Which leaves us with two options: The "press event" was Renegade Kid visiting IGN, or there will be an actual (Nintendo) press event and both Renegade Kid and IGN are attending.

Nilaul

He always said it would be a press event, he never said anything about a Direct. Which leaves us with two options: The "press event" was Renegade Kid visiting IGN, or there will be an actual (Nintendo) press event and both Renegade Kid and IGN are attending.

Could be that the press event got cancelled; thus they went to IGN. First post updated.

Or the Direct if there is one this or next week, is a Wii U Direct ala the big one last year, 365 days ago as of Thursday, which is my bet.

HOPEFULLY it will be announced at 9/10AM EST.

Did I emphasize that enough? XD

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
so, today's the day! yay!

Yesterday's tweet:
Tomorrow morning, @IGN will exclusively reveal Renegade Kid's new First-Person Shooter for 3DS. A first of its kind for the 3DS! Excite! :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Looking forward to it - hope its something that pushes 3DS rather than a DS game in higher resolution.

Same here. Moon and Dementium were some of the best looking DS games so I do hope they push the 3DS hardware for the new entry in the Moon series.

Ditto. That's why ATV 3D looked really underwhelming (as much as Jools wants to prove to me otherwise! XD), and that ran in 30fps on 3DS and 60fps on DS!

I hope that was just training wheels (HA) to understand 3D graphics on 3DS, then again, they did Face Raiders, also another 3D racer on 3DS much earlier.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I always regretted missing out on Moon back in the day.

Do Dementium and Moon hold up these days?

When I had my kids last weekend my oldest brought over Dementium 2 on her DS. I only see her playing Pet games so I was kind of shocked (Pleasantly so!). I fucked around with it and it was pretty fun!

nikatapi

Stylus controls are perfect to me, and i also have a CPP, so anyway i'll find a comfortable way to play the game.

I only hope it's not a DS port, like ATV Wild Ride 3D. Hopefully this will be a good looking game.

So it will be covered at IGN when do they normally put such things online? Whats the guess how many hours are left till we will see the new game?
Seriously...I can't wait. :B

L~A

So it will be covered at IGN when do they normally put such things online? Whats the guess how many hours are left till we will see the new game?
Seriously...I can't wait. :B

Well.... no idea. Nobody answered that question, and when I asked JW on Twitter, he didn't even answer, so yeah :p

My guess is 9AM PST, since they did say "Friday morning".

watershed

Banned
The 3DS doesn't have the ideal buttons for an FPS, but these guys made 3 amazing FPS's for the DS, so I have faith.

I thought it was already confirmed to support the 2nd analog add on, touch controls, face button controls and left handed controls. That seems to cover the bases.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I hope it's better than their other efforts, graphics-wise.

rjc571

Banned
I thought it was already confirmed to support the 2nd analog add on, touch controls, face button controls and left handed controls. That seems to cover the bases.
It's missing gyro controls, which are probably the best way to play fps games short of mouse & keyboard.

L~A

Today is the day! @IGN's reveal of our new FPS for 3DS will happen at around 10am PST. Sorry for the wait. Hope you think it is worth it. :)

Damn it, hoped it was 9AM instead : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom