• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Renegade Kid to show off 3DS FPS [Up: preview on Jan. 24th]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimppis

I always regretted missing out on Moon back in the day.

Do Dementium and Moon hold up these days?

I just finished Moon a week ago and it's OK. Very old-school. It was fun for me because of the stylus aiming, felt unique. The game is extremely repetitive: the same objectives, enemies and level designs. Moon is technically impressive, it has a very smooth framerate. The reception was mixed and you might even totally hate it. Pick it up if you want to play an FPS on DS/3DS and find a cheap copy.

Haven't played Dementium games yet.

Dementium 1 was very atmospheric. The gameplay was nothing special and its weakest aspect, but the horror vibe came across very well. Actually I think it was creepier due to the low resolution of everything.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Maybe its a very stupid question, but they never released Cult County, didnt they? Or is it a DSi Title or something like this?

Hellraider

Dementium 1 was very atmospheric. The gameplay was nothing special and its weakest aspect, but the horror vibe came across very well. Actually I think it was creepier due to the low resolution of everything.

It's probably nostalgia from original Resident evil era games but those PS1/N64/DS graphics for some weird reason are so atmospheric and creepy. I wouldn't mind at all if the 3DS game looked like Dementium 2.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I think you guys are on to something. There's something inherently creepy about older horror games.

When I was playing Dementium 2 on my daughter's DS I was really impressed by the atmosphere so I'm much anticipating Cult County and whatever else they've got planned.

rjc571

Banned
I think you guys are on to something. There's something inherently creepy about older horror games.

When I was playing Dementium 2 on my daughter's DS I was really impressed by the atmosphere so I'm much anticipating Cult County and whatever else they've got planned.

I'd be surprised if Cult Country is even still in development, given that they're peddling this new game now instead.

I'd be surprised if Cult Country is even still in development, given that they're peddling this new game now instead.
Why?

The only footage of Cult County we had, was of one small area. I would be really surprised if it never saw release.

I think the 'new' Moon will be a remake of the DS game, with a bit more work behind it.

ethanny2

Don't really know who the guy is but is this the game he is announcing?

Dementium3_RatedE-301x174.jpg

Link http://www.dementium2.com/announcements/dementium-3-announcement/

Nicktals

Banned
Don't really know who the guy is but is this the game he is announcing?

Dementium3_RatedE-301x174.jpg

Link http://www.dementium2.com/announcements/dementium-3-announcement/

"Everyone has been asking for it so here it is! DTG is excited to announce that Dementium 3 for the 3DS is underway! Rated E for Everyone as the series was originally intended, we have put the “bright” back into “Bright Dawn Treatment Center” so that everyone from little kids to their grandmas can enjoy the game.

It is an exciting time in the Dementium series to be able to create the game as it was first envisioned. Thanks to technology finally getting to the point where we can render the softest fur and real-time light refraction code to display breath-taking rainbows, we can take that hard edge off the visuals we were forced to do in the original games.

Here is a tease at the list of some the exciting new things you will find in D3:

! Finally learn the secret behind William Redmoor’s relationship to his trusted family Doctor
! Unlock William’s wife and daughter as playable Characters in the all new Multiplayer “Play Date” Mode
! Face off against all new enemies like the Tickle Monster and the Cuddle Beast as you play hide-n-seek in the flowery fields behind Bright Dawn
! Collect Lolly-pops to gain a Sugar Rush which allows you to run faster and hug tighter
! Solve fun Puppy Picture Puzzles to gain access to secret Rainbow Rooms full of power-ups
! Collect and trade “Dementiumals“, colorful creatures you can use in fun “everyone is a winner” competitions"

lol

rjc571

Banned
Why?

The only footage of Cult County we had, was of one small area. I would be really surprised if it never saw release.

I think the 'new' Moon will be a remake of the DS game, with a bit more work behind it.

That's exactly why. They showed off one small area and then said nothing about it for a year. Why would they stay silent about it if they were still making it? And why would they start work on another fps before they finished the first one?

That's exactly why. They showed off one small area and then said nothing about it for a year. Why would they stay silent about it if they were still making it? And why would they start work on another fps before they finished the first one?

Why would they cancel it though???

L~A

Well, that's one thing I really hate about RG (other than their constant middle-finger to Europe --yeah I know about the PEGI/USK--) : announcing games before full production has started or with just some sort of tech demos : Mutant Mudds 2, Cult County... and there's still Treasurenauts that was supposed to come out last year. Bet you anything this new FPS will be announced for this year, yet won't come out before 2015.

I know they're a small studio, but I wish they were a bit more focused... Still looking forward to today's announcement because they still make cool games :)

Chuckpebble

While I was comfortable with the Metroid Prime Hunters stylus controls, I wonder how well an FPS would work using the face buttons as directional input.
Seems it would be better as you'd have two triggers to work with. With both hands on the controller, it would also be easier to use the D-pad for stuff. I imagine it would be quite similar to goldeneye on the N64, except minus two buttons.

Taker666

While I was comfortable with the Metroid Prime Hunters stylus controls, I wonder how well an FPS would work using the face buttons as directional input.
Seems it would be better as you'd have two triggers to work with. With both hands on the controller, it would also be easier to use the D-pad for stuff. I imagine it would be quite similar to goldeneye on the N64, except minus two buttons.

I'd much rather they allowed for N64 style control...or Metroid Prime Gamecube style controls...than having to use the stylus/touchscreen for look/movement.

rekameohs

Banned
I'd much rather they allowed for N64 style control...or Metroid Prime Gamecube style controls...than having to use the stylus/touchscreen for look/movement.
Yeah, I was imagining that if a 3DS didn't go with MP: Hunters / touch screen control, Metroid Prime's Gamecube controls would be a great alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom