• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Guacamelee coming to PS4 and Xbox One with new content, enhanced visuals

Maedhros

I hope the other versions get this new content down the line. It pisses me so much when developers does this. I don't plan to buy a PS4/XOne for the next 2 years at least.

nawwafh

i just finished this on the VITA and its definitely among my top games ive played this year..Surprisingly long too..
i clocked over 8 hours.. or maybe i just sucked at some bits..

Footos22

You'll all stop playing once you reach this
11469133026_3bf7e4b7e3_b.jpg

How is that part considered remotely hard.

Wereroku

This is such a good game I really need to finish the last 2 trophies on it. Anyway this falls in line with ID@Xbox having indies in March 2014. I have to wonder though if the ps4 version would have been ready earlier and it is having to be delayed. Anyway I am looking forward to new content so I hope they will bring it to the Vita.

eroots

finally playing this game on Vita....and it's really really good.. Will probably have to play again on ps4 if there's enough new content..

Omega

Banned
I know it says Drinkbox Studios, but they have to be an alias Capcom uses.

i mean, just look at the new name

macewank

i continue to wish that there are announcements for upcoming PS4 titles that aren't titles I already bought for PS3 (yes, i know there are a bunch already and plenty more coming. i just hate ports)

this is cool for folks who missed it though.

Struct09

The game already looks fantastic on PS3. I'd be happy with extra content though, Guacamelee is one of my favorites of the year.

awesome! I love Guacamelee! I 100ed% it + the DLC on PS3

Drinkbox is great

my PS4 will be waiting

Game already looks pretty great on PS3. But I'd buy again if there's enough new content.

PS Play coop

considering how Crossbuy works with Flow, Flower, and Soundshapes. I am pretty sure that Guacamelee will be a Crossbuy too since it is already Crossbuy with Vita+PS3

KeRaSh

Will gladly double dip full price for this. Loved it on the Vita. One of the best games on that device in my opinion.

Nope. This will.
JLKYT9X.jpg

Nah. That's really easy compared to most megaman games.

Especially once you realise that by double jumping and then using the headbutt, you can stay in the air long enough for the platforms to go through a cycle of disappearing. (So even if you don't know where you're going, you can just wait a cycle or two and watch)

erawsd

I've heard of this quite abit but never seen a screenshot or video of it.. until now, and OMG does it look like a blast.

Yeah this part was the hardest in the entire game. Took me 2 straight days of trying to complete it.

Nah, the treetop part was definitely much harder. (Even then, that was still pretty tame compared to later levels in super meat boy) Pretty sure I got this part done in under 15 minutes because....
Nah. That's really easy compared to most megaman games.

Especially once you realise that by double jumping and then using the headbutt, you can stay in the air long enough for the platforms to go through a cycle of disappearing. (So even if you don't know where you're going, you can just wait a cycle or two and watch)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
To buy on PSN sale right now or wait for Steam sale...

Crossbuy would be great, but I'm not expecting it because of the added subtitle.

hesido

Yeah this part was the hardest in the entire game. Took me 2 straight days of trying to complete it.

Yeah, this part drew me crazy.. I gave myself a break for a couple of days.

I'll double dip as a PS4 upgrade at a reduced price: Hear me out, people who already own this on PS3 should be able to buy the PS4 version as an "upgrade" at a discount. Yes, I'm a cheap bastard.

Andrew.

Banned
Remakes a-comin' since there's nothing else out there.

I'd probably double dip. I dont know how much you'd really be able to enhance these visuals though. It looks great already as is.

Exr

Great game, can't see myself double dipping but it's very much worth the price. Fun combat and platforming mechanics.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I am not ashamed at all to say that the game was a bit too difficult. It consisted of a lot of mandatory stuff that would be included in old (S)NES as optional. The only reason I got past it is because you could do it over and over again until you passed it, but it was more of a chore than anything fun. One or two challenges is fine but this just had too much in my opinion.

Skilletor

I am not ashamed at all to say that the game was a bit too difficult. It consisted of a lot of mandatory stuff that would be included in old (S)NES as optional. The only reason I got past it is because you could do it over and over again until you passed it, but it was more of a chore than anything fun. One or two challenges is fine but this just had too much in my opinion.

Nah, was great fun all around. I enjoyed a game that didn't treat me like I was 5. Nothing too hard, and sometimes even had to think about how I would accomplish some of the platforming with the skills I had. There are fewer and fewer games out there that take a modicum of skill and tons of them out there for people like you that don't want (so much of) a challenge.

You'll all stop playing once you reach this
11469133026_3bf7e4b7e3_b.jpg

I admit i had some problems the first time, when i was still getting used to the control scheme, but as some others have already said, nah. In fact, i just did my hard run today to platinum the game and Tule Tree was incredibly easy this time. Keep at it, it isn't that hard. The game can be challenging at times, but i am by no means a skilled player of platforming games, so if i could not only get past this part, but 100% the game, anyone can.

Top Bottom