• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: Guacamelee coming to PS4 and Xbox One with new content, enhanced visuals

ArjanN

I am not ashamed at all to say that the game was a bit too difficult. It consisted of a lot of mandatory stuff that would be included in old (S)NES as optional. The only reason I got past it is because you could do it over and over again until you passed it, but it was more of a chore than anything fun. One or two challenges is fine but this just had too much in my opinion.

All the hardest stuff is optional. Although to be honest if you're playing a Metroidvania and not going for 100% what are you even doing.

DirtyLarry

Great damn game on the Vita. One of the best it has to offers imho. And I thought it looked fantastic already. Enhanced visuals? Count me in.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Sigh... so I just have to rebuy it? I can't just get some sort of DLC pack for the PC version I already have?

It's a great game, but that is fucking dumb.

So it was true.

The Gametrailers online stream for the PS4 launch last month showed a trailer for Guacamelee and it ended with the PS4 logo. Link to archived stream, Guacamelee trailer started at around 51:15. I thought it was a bad edit, but apparently not.

You'll all stop playing once you reach this
11469133026_3bf7e4b7e3_b.jpg

Haha, yeah that part made me want to chuck the controller. Great game though.

....I don´t want this to sound like port begging....but It is kind of strange that there are so many Nintendo references (El Majora, the Choozo statue among others)

...and this game comes to everything BUT Nintendo.

C´est la vie.....I guess

...but great regardless.
Yeah i agree and its an indie game too....so yeah i would buy on pc probably...

KLonso

Nope. This will.
JLKYT9X.jpg
Yeah, in my way to getting the Platinum trophy, this was the only part that I was seriously stuck on.

Interestingly enough, I've heard people talk about how hard Javier Jaguar is, but it took me no more than 3 tries to beat him, both on Normal and on Hard

Ridley327

Yeah, in my way to getting the Platinum trophy, this was the only part that I was seriously stuck on.

Interestingly enough, I've heard people talk about how hard Javier Jaguar is, but it took me no more than 3 tries to beat him, both on Normal and on Hard

Some people just don't have those mad rushdown skills that you need to beat him. Stay on his ass like white on rice, and he's not too bad at all.

That being said, they did nerf him quite a bit in one of the patches, as he used to do more damage a while back.

I was pretty content with the PS3/Vita verison to be honest, but if it's a Cross-Buy situation like Flower/Sound Shapes/Escape Plan (so free basically), then I'll play through it again on the PS4 for sure. Reading the OP though, it doesn't seem like it's going to be.

The Flash

Banned
I heard a lot about this game because of all the meme references in it but never bothered to look into it. Now after watching a gameplay video, I have another game to add to my list.

Flandy

Did this earlier, confusing at first but once you solve it you can do it blindfolded. Jump+R, uppercut, R

I actually got to the top but I forgot you could do the uppercut once you got there for some reason lol. I kept trying to walljump from one side to the other instead of uppercutting. Made it past it yesterday once I remembered I could uppercut :)

Blizzard

Banned
Nope. This will.
JLKYT9X.jpg
I consider myself a bad player, and I actively avoid hard platforming games. I've never beaten Veni Vidi Vici on VVVVVV, and I plan to never buy Super Meat Boy.

That said, I think all the orb sections of Guacamelee took me 30-45 minutes each, so it's really not an impossible thing even for mediocre players. Plus I used the keyboard for everything.

I have only fought jaguar on normal difficulty, but I seem to remember him as the first fight where I was like, "Wow, this is an evenly matched battle, I've got to pull out all my combo chicken ultra combo mastery to win this."

Blizzard

Banned
How well did the controls transfer to kb/m? I can't imagine playing guacamelee like that, but I'm interested to hear what you thought.
As far as I remember, I went through the entire game on normal other than maybe the first 10-15 minutes (after which I changed) using the keyboard, including all the combo chicken stuff and orb challenges. I haven't finished the hell challenges for all the achievements though.

Mouse isn't used, but keyboard actually worked quite well for me once I customized the controls a bit.

Screenshots from the final combos:

Here is my customized keyboard layout that has worked well for everything including those combos:

For the record, I have a black Microsoft split ergonomic keyboard, so I suppose other keyboards might have different issues with which keys work together. Still, maybe this layout will help someone who wants to use a keyboard for the game.

Good. This is a great game. I'm glad more people get to experience it. This should be a must buy for all PS4/One owners if you haven't gotten a chance to play it yet.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I got it on Vita, beat it 100%, but would gladly double dip on the PS4 version. I loved this game. New content is really the part that excites me the most.

I hope this is true. There are quite a few PSN titles I'd love to see brought onto the PS4 to help during slow periods.

Top Bottom