• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Republican Debate 6 [Fox Business] Super PAC Fighter 2 Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr2xxx

Banned
Maybe i fail at reading comprehension, but what is the conclusion here?

Seemed like a good article until the end, and now I'm not sure what even happened.

What does being at Ground Zero have to do with immigration, and why does this make trump a bad ass?

Immigrants= potential terrorists, I doubt there is much more logic than that involved here.

Seemed like a good article until the end, and now I'm not sure what even happened.

What does being at Ground Zero have to do with immigration, and why does this make trump a bad ass?
The impression I got from that post was that Trump being so close to Ground Zero implicitly justifies his hard line immigration stance.

The impression I got from that post was that Trump being so close to Ground Zero implicitly justifies his hard line immigration stance.

Yea, I guess. It's just weird because for the first half of the article I kept thinking it was an anti-Trump article. Then I got to the end all confused.

Kathian

Banned

It's a smart piece bit really badly structured. The writer is saying there's something missing in the Trump we've seen that hides his motives for running. I mean this is a guy losing his own personal value internationally right? The writer is saying that the New York moment explained it. He actually is driven emotionally and probably for strong patriotic reasons that comes from a real empathy for other Americans (rather than facile flag draped nationalism).

I 'think' (the writers not clear here at all) the writer means badass as a verb rather than descriptive of Trump. He's tough on immigration because the negative effects drive him emotionally.

I think Trump is a bit of an enigma but I think he does want to win the Presidency and he has personal reasons for this.

Bowler

So I keep hearing in my circle of friends, how a Trump / rubio ticket would be the ticket to take down hillary. Discuss.

G.ZZZ

Jesus christ i just watched this and Trump fucking SLAYED. I'm starting to think that he will not only steamroll the rep race, but he might even have a shot at the general. Just watch him after winning the rep race suddendly steer left on a lot of issue just like that, and win a lot of undecided voters with his captivating ability. Hillary has 0 charisma and 0 belief in what she say. Sanders may fare better as he's honest and believe in what he say and can defend his positions, but he probably won't get the nom.

This is really the year of Donald J. Trump. Welcome it America, you created it, and you'll enjoy it. At least maybe the retared foreign policy of bombing everyone else to appease the saudis and whatsnot will stop.

spock

It's a smart piece bit really badly structured. The writer is saying there's something missing in the Trump we've seen that hides his motives for running. I mean this is a guy losing his own personal value internationally right? The writer is saying that the New York moment explained it. He actually is driven emotionally and probably for strong patriotic reasons that comes from a real empathy for other Americans (rather than facile flag draped nationalism).

I 'think' (the writers not clear here at all) the writer means badass as a verb rather than descriptive of Trump. He's tough on immigration because the negative effects drive him emotionally.

I think Trump is a bit of an enigma but I think he does want to win the Presidency and he has personal reasons for this.

Interesting, about to read the article being discussed but your post got me thinking. Perhaps Trump senses hes only got a fixed amount of time left on this planet and genuinely wants to do something that will really matter and make a difference once hes gone. I noticed during the debate the way he said he would give up his businesses without hesitation (to his kids obviously), there was this interesting emotional sincerity of some sort.

Interesting, about to read the article being discussed but your post got me thinking. Perhaps Trump senses hes only got a fixed amount of time left on this planet and genuinely wants to do something that will really matter and make a difference once hes gone. I noticed during the debate the way he said he would give up his businesses without hesitation (to his kids obviously), there was this interesting emotional sincerity of some sort.

I think it's close, but a little off.

I don't think Trump is a racist or a bigot, and I've said this on a number of occasions. I think he's a psychopath. I'm not saying that as some kind of insult, i think if you had a licensed psychologist administer the Hare Psychopathy Test to him he would be off the charts.

I think he feels almost nothing emotionally, a corollary of which is that he can't possibly be racist or bigoted.

But... But! 9/11 is the exception to that, it made him feel something. That's where his retort to Cruz came from and that's where his entire campaign is coming from.

Psychopaths make great leaders (for some definition of great) as evidenced by a study some time ago that show a disproportionate number of CEOs are psychopaths, and for all his faults, he does have a track record of "getting shit done". So i think, in his mind, he legitimately can fix things.

But since he has no empathy, he only sees black and white. He's like a computer AI who can't feel and just tries to get an optimal output for a set of inputs but ignores collateral damage because it literally has no way to measure it.

Maybe if minorities suddenly lost the ability to vote. Trump being on the ticket would be toxic.

Yeah, Trump being on the ticket is going to empower people to come out and vote against him.

Look at the disproportionate amount of hate Obama gets to this day, and yet he won very comfortably in both elections. What the GOP party base wants is not what the country as a whole wants.

so scripted and mechanical i hate when politicians talk like politicians, it comes off so fake..its one thing i can appreciate about trump it's literally right off the top of his head and genuine and not rehearsed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom