• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera and the pedo problem (updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberPanda

Banned
But have you considered that fall of October 2017? After that fall, I believe some of the pedos who were on this site transferred over to Era. Even since then, this forum has been stricter with pedos, banning anyone that is suspected to be one if there is clear evidence.

This is an serious issue that we should be tackling right now. Isn't Resetera one of the most popular gaming forums? Moreover, verified leakers/devs post constantly on there. Are you aware that pedophilia can be an serious crime? I do not think it may help if I say this following sentence, but it is wrong for the admins to be defending those pedos, since it would mean that those same admins of Resetera support it and/or have a chance of themselves being pedophilias themselves.
Here is their traffic analysis:

Having read and posted on both ResetEra and NeoGAF, I would hope NeoGAF would be better than this.

Before I get people jumping down my throat and stating I'm being a ResetEra defender (or at worse saying I'm excusing behavior), the shit in this thread is the reason why I started posting on ResetEra and posted less or not at all on NeoGAF. Since people have left for ResetEra, those remaining on NeoGAF have developed a 'us vs them' mentality and it's constant trashing of former members of NeoGAF/current members of ResetEra/ResetEra/etc. on here. It's made reading posts here more insufferable, let alone posting here. This helps no one. This doesn't help NeoGAF. This doesn't help ResetEra. This doesn't help the gaming community as a whole. Someone has already mentioned past indiscretions of people that I will not go there or bring up.

As someone correctly mentioned earlier, this is not a ResetEra problem or a NeoGAF problem. Pedophilia is everywhere on the internet and in every community on the internet. That is shameful and disgraceful that it happens. It happened here long ago. That the original poster stated I find interesting that the person was given enough confidence to get invited to a discord, had gathered information, saw what she percevied as actual misdeeds, took screenshots and reported it here. It doesn't make the person seem trustworthy and completely derails her argument, even if what she said is happening and even though it was wrong. The proper thing would have been to report this to the proper authorities if the person felt she was not being believed sufficiently by the person she contacted and NOT to a rival message board or better yet not posted online at all. If she has already done that, then fine. It makes me suspect that it was done on purpose. Again, Celine B Sykes is not in the right either based on my perception of this thread so far.

Dice's post more eloquently summarizes my views as well on this. The posts after his post questioning his loyalty is a perfect example of what my issue is.

EviLore's actions in this thread doesn't help either, but essentially it's his site, his rules. What I think or believe about this is immaterial. The proper thing would be to close this thread. I could have sworn that it was mentioned not to engage in battles between ResetEra and NeoGAF back when the split happened and that NeoGAF would be moving on, but what do I know and why should I be listened to anyway? The amount of posts I've seen in this thread talking about ResetEra proves otherwise.

If you think or believe I should be mocked or ridiculed and my argument picked apart, then so be it. I would hope this site would do better now that the supposed "bad elements of NeoGAF are gone," but I was wrong.
The US vs them mentality is pretty simple

Here allows discussion.....Era does not which is why you have had a mod show up and post some half assed message because they realise the next 24 hours is going to be a shit show..designed to simply stop the discussion and move on
go back and read through that op post...dont tow the ree line..think for yourself

Nowhere in those posts does it have anything to do with metal gear...im pretty sure you didnt have to call merryl on your codec and ask what the age of consent was in europe as a 30 year old

Last edited:

Mecha Meow

Having read and posted on both ResetEra and NeoGAF, I would hope NeoGAF would be better than this.

[BLOOP!]

Nah, forum pettiness and fighting has been a very entertaining thing to witness time and time again for nearly three decades of reading forums. Not much entertainment comes close to this type of content and its to be slowly sipped like a fine savory and salty chicken soup.

I find the vindictiveness of these types of spats even more entertaining when the accused party is known for extreme moral gate keeping while being insidious behind the scenes.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned

Before I get people jumping down my throat and stating I'm being a ResetEra defender (or at worse saying I'm excusing behavior), the shit in this thread is the reason why I started posting on ResetEra and posted less or not at all on NeoGAF. Since people have left for ResetEra, those remaining on NeoGAF have developed a 'us vs them' mentality and it's constant trashing of former members of NeoGAF/current members of ResetEra/ResetEra/etc. on here. It's made reading posts here more insufferable, let alone posting here. This helps no one. This doesn't help NeoGAF. This doesn't help ResetEra. This doesn't help the gaming community as a whole. Someone has already mentioned past indiscretions of people that I will not go there or bring up.

As someone correctly mentioned earlier, this is not a ResetEra problem or a NeoGAF problem. Pedophilia is everywhere on the internet and in every community on the internet. That is shameful and disgraceful that it happens. It happened here long ago. That the original poster stated I find interesting that the person was given enough confidence to get invited to a discord, had gathered information, saw what she percevied as actual misdeeds, took screenshots and reported it here. It doesn't make the person seem trustworthy and completely derails her argument, even if what she said is happening and even though it was wrong. The proper thing would have been to report this to the proper authorities if the person felt she was not being believed sufficiently by the person she contacted and NOT to a rival message board or better yet not posted online at all. If she has already done that, then fine. It makes me suspect that it was done on purpose. Again, Celine B Sykes is not in the right either based on my perception of this thread so far.

Dice's post more eloquently summarizes my views as well on this. The posts after his post questioning his loyalty is a perfect example of what my issue is.

EviLore's actions in this thread doesn't help either, but essentially it's his site, his rules. What I think or believe about this is immaterial. The proper thing would be to close this thread. I could have sworn that it was mentioned not to engage in battles between ResetEra and NeoGAF back when the split happened and that NeoGAF would be moving on, but what do I know and why should I be listened to anyway? The amount of posts I've seen in this thread talking about ResetEra proves otherwise.

If you think or believe I should be mocked or ridiculed and my argument picked apart, then so be it. I would hope this site would do better now that the supposed "bad elements of NeoGAF are gone," but I was wrong.

Yet you conveniently ignore the other posts defending Dice and dismissing any suggestions of disloyalty (as if it was even an issue in the first place). Things that make you go hmmm.

TLZ

Banned
Since people have left for ResetEra, those remaining on NeoGAF have developed a 'us vs them' mentality
Beheheheh........ Bahahahaha!! I'm literally laughing here. The audacity. Don't twist things please. It's the degenerates mass migrating to Era, that in itself was the beginning of a "fuck you we're better than you bye" mentality. They started it. And to be frank, I couldn't be happier. This place has become such a better forum since. The crap they were posting here during their migration was very telling of their sick minds.

and it's constant trashing of former members of NeoGAF/current members of ResetEra/ResetEra/etc. on here. It's made reading posts here more insufferable, let alone posting here.
Like posting on that degenerate asylum is better. We all laugh at all the hysterical bans over there. Tyranny at its finest. You either think like them or you're burnt at the stake. The proper definition of extremism.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

You haven't posted here in about a year, so your actual feelings about NeoGAF and what you hope it will be and how you've participated in the community to make GAF what you believe it should be have already been made clear by your silence.

The last time you showed up was to pass down your wise judgment about the Kavanaugh controversy. You seem to show up only for the drama, which says volumes about your own credibility.

It rings hollow to show up in the middle of controversy wagging your finger. "I really thought GAF was better than this."

Slathering yourself in "but I am just asking questions. I am just trying to be level headed" is a nice . The ERA poster doth protest too much, methinks.

Thanks for your impressions. We totally don't already have people flooding GAF to bark a narrative at us.

Barnabot

And Dice Dice I've read what you've posted in this thread but I can`t be any sympathetic to any and I think pedophiles need either to stay from me and my family or, if convicted as pedophiles, they can go fuck themselves in prison for all that I care.

Last edited:

Michele

you.
Um so, looks like someone posted this on 4chan in an correct way, and that thread is erupting..

Also, it looks like they might be actually doing damage control.

4ijFYsA.png

CyberPanda

Banned
Beheheheh........ Bahahahaha!! I'm literally laughing here. The audacity. Don't twist things please. It's the degenerates mass migrating to Era, that in itself was the beginning of a "fuck you we're better than you bye" mentality. They started it. And to be frank, I couldn't be happier. This place has become such a better forum since. The crap they were posting here during their migration was very telling of their sick minds.

Like posting on that degenerate asylum is better. We all laugh at all the hysterical bans over there. Tyranny at its finest. You either think like them or you're burnt at the stake. The proper definition of extremism.

iu

Um so, looks like someone posted this on 4chan in an correct way, and that thread is erupting..

Also, it looks like they might be actually doing damage control.

4ijFYsA.png
Of course they're gonna cover it up, and do damage control. 4chan is gonna expose them more. Yassssss!

I am not saying 'demolish the evidence,' I am saying not allow further replies. Don't get it twisted.
Whats wrong with further replies?

The proper thing would have been to report this to the proper authorities if the person felt she was not being believed sufficiently by the person she contacted and NOT to a rival message board or better yet not posted online at all. If she has already done that, then fine. It makes me suspect that it was done on purpose. Again, Celine B Sykes is not in the right either based on my perception of this thread so far.
How High should she have gone? Admin? Site Owner?

Whats with the if you are in high school its ok. But American Era members are the problem, and their lack of logic
DxWJQBZs_o.png

Or how a user loves the 16 age of consent in europe
AYOvzu1E_o.png

Y1Yh6B50_o.png

TLZ

Banned
Not a surprise these far left degenerates would eventually try to legitimise pedophilia
It's going to happen. Give it a few years. You watch. It will somehow be twisted and push the narrative these pedos are still kids at heart, and they can't help but fall in love and have feelings for kids their "mental age". They're "born with it".

Ellis

That damage control is pathetic and exactly as expected :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Another day or two and that shit won't fly any longer.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels

Hello, Apdiddy. I understand your points, but here's some of the things I disagree with.

Accusation threads that attract mob behavior are far more common in Era than Gaf since the split (it's almost a daily occurence there, while this one is a notable exception here). I'm not trying to pick a "Us vs Them" fight here, my point is that if this is your reason for why you stopped posting on gaf, it doesn't makes much sense to me. In fact, if this news were about any other place on the internet other than themselves, you can bet that Era would have created and not locked threads about this sooner than gaf did, and with a lot more activity. Would you then make a post there stating the same things as the one you did now?

To move on the main point. I don't think this thread should be deleted, and I'm going to use your own words to back it up: 'Pedophilia is everywhere on the internet and in every community on the internet. That is shameful and disgraceful that it happens.' I agree that this should be reported to the authorities (and I suppose it already was), but it's still worth discussing about and bringing self-awareness. ResetEra, either we like it or not, is a prominient gaming forum. It seems obvious, to me, that gamers would want to be well-informed on this. If we hide theses things and pretend they don't happen, we can never learn from them, be it related to era, gaf, other forum or anything in life.

I don't think you should be mocked or ridiculed, btw. Thanks for sharing your views.

Last edited:

nush

User Banned (duration pending) Both sides rhetoric.

Man, I remember years ago being blocked by ZhugeEX on Twitter despite never even interacting with them.

Now I feel pretty happy about even pedophiles (or at least pedo apologists) blocking me on Twitter.

These kinds of people are FAR worse than Furry avis and Loona stans.

ROMhack

Honestly, the Resetera cringe isn't exclusive to this forum. I landed here originally through RedCafe, a football forum that was taking the piss out of the site for being its usual ridiculous self. Lo' and behold it's quite notorious across the internet. I also wasn't here during the split myself so I'd like to think there's no real bias on my part. In fact, I actually think RE has some good discussion - especially about indie games - but it's insane due to excessive moderation, which looks worse with accusations like this as it suggests one rule for one and other rules for others. IMO that's something worth bringing to people's attention, even if some are using it as (another) stick to beat the site down with.

Last edited:

Betty

Banned
Shifting the focus to 4chan for a moment, someone said in that thread that after seeing this thread: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/466529241#p466531964 Basically, he wondered, could it be that Evilore was not as much of an creep as he was initially painted? Probably framed, maybe? But let's not delve in this too much .

Oh he did that shit for sure, he even tried to rationalize it, but his antics were closer to weinstein levels of bad than jared from subway.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Shifting the focus to 4chan for a moment, someone said in that thread that after seeing this thread: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/466529241#p466531964 Basically, he wondered, could it be that Evilore was not as much of an creep as he was initially painted? Probably framed, maybe? But let's not delve in this too much .

EL has claimed that the shower event didn’t even happen at all; that it was all made up, not just a misunderstanding. They even maintained contact after the supposed shower event, and I believe possibly a physical relationship (I could be misremembering this part), so the accusation is not consistent with subsequent actions.

When you consider the timing of the split and that Ree had its branding, web design, everything ready to go within mere days of the accusation, it is hard to believe that it wasn’t a pre-planned hostile takeover. There are just too many suspicious elements and actors for it to have not been a planned character assassination as part of a power grab.

Oh he did that shit for sure, he even tried to rationalize it, but his antics were closer to weinstein levels of bad than jared from subway.
interesting that it came out around the time of #metoo was at a high..pretty convenient the story suddenly appeared and people bought it hook line and sinker and then it vanished into nothing

im sure evilore does not like to pick scabs but the whole thing was a smear designed to de-stabilise this place even more

Michele

you.
EL has claimed that the shower event didn’t even happen at all; that it was all made up, not just a misunderstanding. They even maintained contact after the supposed shower event, and I believe possibly a physical relationship (I could be misremembering this part), so the accusation is not consistent with subsequent actions.

When you consider the timing of the split and that Ree had its branding, web design, everything ready to go within mere days of the accusation, it is hard to believe that it wasn’t a pre-planned hostile takeover. There are just too many suspicious elements and actors for it to have not been a planned character assassination as part of a power grab.

Now that you mention it, however, the timing does looks very suspicious. How would this be possible? Unless there was an perfect formation and/or plan involving best friends or peoples that very well know each other, this planning would be impossible normally.

Bwahaha

Neo Member
Now that you mention it, however, the timing does looks very suspicious. How would this be possible? Unless there was an perfect formation and/or plan involving best friends or peoples that very well know each other, this planning would be impossible normally.
Maybe they had connections to Hillary people? They were a top referrer after all..

Betty

Banned
interesting that it came out around the time of #metoo was at a high..pretty convenient the story suddenly appeared and people bought it hook line and sinker and then it vanished into nothing

im sure evilore does not like to pick scabs but the whole thing was a smear designed to de-stabilise this place even more

It was also past stories he told about grabbing a woman's ass who was trying to get free drinks out of him, in light of the MeToo# stuff it looked really bad, especially when he played it off like a cool thing to do at the time.

Sorry, we don’t accept returns without a receipt.

The whole event with him creeping on the girl in a shower is a question mark but he recounted stories of his travels and some of the things he said rankled people after the MeToo# stuff went down. People saw it in a different light.

Michele

you.
Money talks

Oh, could it be... There is an good chance that they either saved up a lot of money, since it would be a little hard to have a forum of its own, and gave it to one. Another possibility is that they were bribed into doing it...

But who would've done it? This is such an mystery that is deepning...

Looks like someone, who said that peoples should know different between fictional pedo and actual pedo, was just banned. I can't identify or comprehend his post well enough, but it looked like he agreed that actual pedo was universally considered bad.

wh3hjo5.png

It was also past stories he told about grabbing a woman's ass who was trying to get free drinks out of him, in light of the MeToo# stuff it looked really bad, especially when he played it off like a cool thing to do at the time.

The whole event with him creeping on the girl in a shower is a question mark but he recounted stories of his travels and some of the things he said rankled people after the MeToo# stuff went down. People saw it in a different light.

See Matt's post. Evilord said it never happened... there is an chance it could be an ploy or an make up.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned

Probably because they make constant terrorist threats against U.S citizens and POTUS with the moderation literally doing nothing or giving subtle thumbs up to it.
I wouldn't call that "thrashing" when the other side wants certain people dead.

Reset is an extremist site, we are merely reacting/protecting ourselves from them.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
someone call alex jones

some neat people slithering into this thread with some tubular opinions

not great, not terrible, we can do this

Last edited:

Traianvs

That's because, I guess, they fabricated the whole drama just to split to another forum. Money reasons if I have to take a bet my fellow Italian gaffer

nush

Looks like shes a troll for them. Feels like heavy damage control.
Being banned from Era, which seems to be the basis of their lie proves nothing when they have banned over 9 thousand members many of which are for petty and wrongthink reasons. Being banned from Era is the norm for many of thier members. It's a weak excuse the NPCs will accept without thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom