• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera and the pedo problem (updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa

Banned
Oh, could it be... There is an good chance that they either saved up a lot of money, since it would be a little hard to have a forum of its own, and gave it to one. Another possibility is that they were bribed into doing it...

But who would've done it? This is such an mystery that is deepning...

Looks like someone, who said that peoples should know different between fictional pedo and actual pedo, was just banned. I can't identify or comprehend his post well enough, but it looked like he agreed that actual pedo was universally considered bad.

wh3hjo5.png

See Matt's post. Evilord said it never happened... there is an chance it could be an ploy or an make up.

Wow, they permabanned BocoDragon? You can’t keep shedding your long term contributors like that and expect to survive.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so have your witch hunt and expose the discord chat to public outrage and shame. Now they'll find an even more secluded place for these kind of talks and only hold them with people they are certain have the same views. Now having no outside influence and feeling mutually dejected, they will find reasons to validate themselves and stir negative sentiment toward anyone who denies their views. They will become less open to having their minds changed by considering more factors to internally moderate themselves against their base impulses and more inclined toward allowing those base impulses to inform and define their accepted personal moral standards. Good job, you just helped push them closer to procuring clandestine prostitution from a teenager.

If you truly believe in something, focus on advocating and cultivating it, not on your disgust for the opposite.

To be frank, few if any in this thread care much about the issue to any major degree. They just want to see Era burn and hope some scandal, be it this or a future one, leads or a mass exodus like what happened here in late 2017.

I can’t stand that community and requested account deletion over there the other day. But I couldn’t care less if it falls apart or not. It’s a laughing stock with none of the influence they think they have and a site I’ll never look at again. If anything I’d rather it stay around and keep the crazies in the looney bin where they belong vs having them fan out to sites like this or subreddits I read.

Drama between online communities just seems absurd to me beyond getting some chuckles out of threads like this at how seriously many take it.

cormack12

Gold Member
Having read and posted on both ResetEra and NeoGAF, I would hope NeoGAF would be better than this....

These posts are the worst. The aim is clear, to get the people discussing it to say yes we're better than this and stop. Therefore the topic drops off. It's an appeal to virtue and it's so transparent. Because it doesn't work against people who have principles and aren't acting or pretending to be concerned about every little thing in the world. Tell me A Apdiddy where are your concerns about era being better here:

Or going after that old composer or the response to Catherine, making out the Jessica price was mansplaining etc. Or many, many more you can get from voat or kiwi. Believe me, we're already better than resetera and it would take an epic nosedive to approach the general hostility and nastiness of that site.

Papa

Banned
It was also past stories he told about grabbing a woman's ass who was trying to get free drinks out of him, in light of the MeToo# stuff it looked really bad, especially when he played it off like a cool thing to do at the time.

The whole event with him creeping on the girl in a shower is a question mark but he recounted stories of his travels and some of the things he said rankled people after the MeToo# stuff went down. People saw it in a different light.

Don’t shift goalposts. That’s dishonest.

Betty

Banned
You were sniping before the split?

Nope.

Don’t shift goalposts. That’s dishonest.

What are you talking about? Tyler admitted to grabbing a woman's ass, but at the time it was played up for laughs as a cool way to get her to stop pestering him for drinks, after the story about him creeping on a girl in a shower came out it looked really bad in retrospect.

The whole shower incident has never been proven nor unproven though.

Tesseract

Banned
i too like mhk, he's the right kind of crazy we need to push ourselves into the transhumanist future

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Nope.

What are you talking about? Tyler admitted to grabbing a woman's ass, but at the time it was played up for laughs as a cool way to get her to stop pestering him for drinks, after the story about him creeping on a girl in a shower came out it looked really bad in retrospect.

You started off taking potshots about the shower accusation. When that was refuted, you shifted the goalposts to assgrabbing for which you have no idea about the conditions of consent, only speculation.

Guess what? Humans who venture outside their bedrooms tend to find other humans they are attracted to. Sometimes that attraction is reciprocated. Sometimes physically. The only people who have a problem with it are incels, femcels, and those infected with the mind virus propagated by them. Breeders are going to enjoy life whether you like it or not.

P.S. I suggest you never travel to Latin America (assuming you’re even allowed out of the country).

Ellis

Maybe you should have some faith in the person giving you a platform.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/don't_shit_where_you_eat

nush

Another thread pops up:

Streisand effect Era, keep locking those topics so your members will seek out the information somewhere else and not only that but also find all the other dirty laundry on you and how hated you are as a forum by the wider game community.

Betty

Banned
You started off taking potshots about the shower accusation. When that was refuted, you shifted the goalposts to assgrabbing for which you have no idea about the conditions of consent, only speculation.

Guess what? Humans who venture outside their bedrooms tend to find other humans they are attracted to. Sometimes that attraction is reciprocated. Sometimes physically. The only people who have a problem with it are incels, femcels, and those infected with the mind virus propagated by them. Breeders are going to enjoy life whether you like it or not.

P.S. I suggest you never travel to Latin America (assuming you’re even allowed out of the country).

Calm down, the post I first responded to claimed that maybe Evilore was framed, it didn't specify what accusation specifically was being talked about and since I was around during the entire fallout I just wanted to make clear that yeah, he did do some shit that really didn't look too great in light of the MeToo# movement.

And i've said twice, now thrice, that the whole shower incident is neither proven or unproven.

And if you read the incident about him grabbing a woman's ass it wasn't about attraction or anything, it was to make her uncomfortable enough to move on from trying to use him as a means to get free drinks, and it worked.

Again when he told the story people didn't think much of it, but after MeToo# and especially the shower accusation it looked really bad.

Last edited:

AfricanKing

Another thread pops up:

Oh sheeet

2nu98r.jpg

gela94

Good read but things get really difficult with fiction . . but in my younger years I was quite into shounen ai/yaoi mangas and let me tell you how crazy some sites are about shotacon manga( it's even an established term) the comments . . .(shutter).and let me tell you most of them were women.

Raph64

Banned for engaging in so called malicious trolling against staff and the community while the proof is here and you just want to continue acting like ostrichs.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm freaking done with this shitshow, fucking christ.

Last edited:

Stuchinoko

I posted this thread on reddit and it's gaining alot of attention right now.

As the soldiers in starship troopers would say

I'm doing my part.
I'm interested in seeing if that topic gets shut down. Resetera has a lot of parasites biding their time in places you wouldn't expect. There's a lot of bizarrely pro-Resetera posts on 4chan of all places and the topic gets shut down immediately by janitors. Yet these same janitors will sit and do nothing about Twitter screencap posting which is considered a massive problem by the userbase.

Calm down, the post I first responded to claimed that maybe Evilore was framed, it didn't specify what accusation specifically was being talked about and since I was around during the entire fallout I just wanted to make clear that yeah, he did do some shit that really didn't look too great in light of the MeToo# movement.

And i've said twice, now thrice, that the whole shower incident is neither proven or unproven.

And if you read the incident about him grabbing a woman's ass it wasn't about attraction or anything, it was to make her uncomfortable enough to move on from trying to use him as a means to get free drinks, and it worked.

Again when he told the story people didn't think much of it, but after MeToo# and especially the shower accusation it looked really bad.
What does that have to do with this discussion tho?

How is that involved with members of another community talking about
A) the double standards of society in regards to what sex with someone under the age of 18
B) Europe vs USA because most of Europe consent is 16. And its the fault of USA members that topics can't be discussed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom