• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra deplatforms and bans Angry Joe for his TLOU2 review

jigglet

Banned
It was a poor example. You have provided no argument here. What has Drukkman actually done?

I really have no idea what he's done, I'm not following this stuff that closely. I'm just not seeing that post as an example of support for death threats and such.

Last edited:
You're misguided here. Free speech is allowed on here only when you join the circle jerk. I have been warned on here for calling out the level of discussion. Got warned, threatened with a ban and had my comment deleted.

What did Drukkmann do to cause this?

If somebody was walking down a ally and got mugged, my reaction would be of concern for the person, rather than some condescending shite. Maybe that is just me, though.
Funny thing. I've been warned and banned on here several times for console warring(rightfully so, I can get carried away). And yet, they gave me several chances to stay a part of this community. They're very tolerant on this site.

I know for a fact, if I spoke my opinion about Neil Druckman/TLOU2 forced identity politics in the game...i'd be perma banned instantly on ResetEra

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
You have five posts since September 2019, mostly in this thread. Both of your warnings from 2018 and 2019 were explicitly for dropping over from ResetEra just to shit on GAF.

We don't want you here.

fIjZajR.png

m2QPCp7.png

I hope he doesn't interpret this as censorship. He'll probably run off to Resetera claiming it as such.

The debate I was having with him was fine and we're both free to express our opinions, but I agree if the only reason he came here was to shit on everyone then that's a whole different story.

Chromata

I don't disagree with this. But this place has become very right leaning with the majority circle jerking each other about certain views. It is cool that everyone can say what they want, but the immature posts are all rather pointless and mean spirited. You get people who lean to the left being told to go to 'Reee' if they don't like it here. It isn't much different from era in the community aspect, but the modding is different in that it allows all views. It is just the people more to the left get drowned out and memed when they do appear.

Literally the first post.

Nice try, but that's just plain false. I've had plenty of left leaning opinions that I shared here and it's led to nothing but good discussions.

How is it not? Somebody else in that thread on that very page posted 'reap what you sow'. How in the world is this not a defense of them? That whole thread is filled with similar posts.

First off, even though I disagreed with the post, that isn't a defense of those sending death threats. Second, I brought up a similar concern I had with that very same person you're referring to. No issues were had, we just disagreed.

I'm not into forum wars and you're banned so it's not like it matters, but just for those who happen to be reading, this person is definitely way off about GAF. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I hope he doesn't interpret this as censorship. He'll probably run off to Resetera claiming it as such.

Dunno if you notice, but the guy seems to have no interest in discussion and whatsoever.
A lowlife like him won't last long, even on trashEra.

Last edited:
Funny thing. I've been warned and banned on here several times for console warring(rightfully so, I can get carried away). And yet, they gave me several chances to stay a part of this community. They're very tolerant on this site.

I know for a fact, if I spoke my opinion about Neil Druckman/TLOU2 forced identity politics in the game...i'd be perma banned instantly on ResetEra
You're a pain in the ass sometimes but i appreciate you as a member in that you contribute towards good discussion at times. No one is perfect. I can be an asshole too but i know that i won't get dog piled by mods or senior members for my views and opinions. I love the freedom of expression here. Everyone gets to be an asshole and a saint. No one is perfect and that's the spice of life.

At least Joe admitted to what the place has become.

Every day Reee takes more Ls.

They had so many “actually gaming topics”, so many popular devs interacting there but now look at them. Penis Owners btw

You can clearly see that they’ve no longer have that. They’re declining.

Has Era ever banned posters for shit said about them on here or Twitter? I love talking cash shit on them whenever they are brought up. They protect pedos, after all.

Seemingly. Earlier this thread:

Hey, I just got banned but I can't see a duration, does that mean I'm permabanned?

BTW no warning either, just a straight up ban.

You've been shadow banned. they do that so that it does not show up on the ban tracker and expect to never have a reason or duration added. If you have the same name and avatar here as you do on Resetera the mods actively search other forums for people criticizing the forum and will ban for it.
They are probably reading this topic now looking for people to ban. Its an insane overreach of authority.

Tschumi

In my experience ResetEra is pretty wristy with the ban hammer, so I'm not surprised by this. TLoU2 is a divisive game, I haven't played it and probably will never get a chance/time to play it, but I guess we gotta let anyone have their say on things. I will personally wait for a review from someone like Mandalore Gaming, or similar, before I form my mental image of the game.

SaiyanRaoh

They protect their own from #metoo as well. When one of their prominent members was accused (Stinkles from 343 Industries) over Twitter of harassing a woman, then the topic got locked and "Wait for more information"

2PWwjPP.png

anybody else? accusations are evidence, Twitter is a valid source and #belivewomen...

Woah, I had no idea, but I'm not surprised. You notice how the most far left of them are often the ones with skeletons in the closet? Look at all the accused with the Smash Bro's community. Bet you most of them are card carrying circle jerk members of Era. It's just a wait and see at this point. They will ALL devour each other before long. Fucking weird pieces of shit. Gather them all, build a wall around them and let them eat each other.

Last edited:

Dlacy13g

They also banned SkillUp for his review as well...

What a bunch of censorship twats.

WTF?!?! This is just sad. Are people so fragile, so insecure of someone's opinion that doesn't match theirs that they form a protective shields through bans and canceling their voices? I see people constantly talking about tolerance and acceptance there and elsewhere yet their actions are all about intolerance.

As individuals we do not have to agree. In fact it's completely natural for us not to agree on many things. As adults and people who are striving for growth we need to be tolerant, compassionate and open to discussion not afraid to talk and hear other points of view even when they might be ugly Or go against things we stand for.

I am sad for reset era that they have chosen this path. I truly hope Gaf will continue to be a platform of neutrality allowing individuals to speak and have open productive discussions about the hobby we love.

YCoCg

They protect their own from #metoo as well. When one of their prominent members was accused (Stinkles from 343 Industries) over Twitter of harassing a woman, then the topic got locked and "Wait for more information"

2PWwjPP.png

anybody else? accusations are evidence, Twitter is a valid source and #belivewomen...
Why do the most annoying fuckwits from that website ALWAYS have characters from She-Ra as their avatars??? This person, the angry Trans hoards, Fiesty Boots, etc, always either She-Ra or that fucking cat girl.

dcx4610

I totally disagree with Angry Joe's review but at the same time, I want people to have opinions. Resetera acts like authoritarian fascists with their banning for the wrong opinion.

original

Last edited:

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
What the fuck is an Angry Joe?

gow3isben

Loved his review even though I disagree and give the game 9.5 out of 10. Terrible story but that is partly subjective. Acting, animations, graphics, gameplay were all among the best in class (to me). I was transfixed while playing it despite hating a lot of the story decisions.

GeorgPrime

Banned
I don't agree, TLOU2 is honestly one of my favourite games, maybe even the best game ever made for me.
I don't see it as female propaganda, just a story with women as the main characters. The story would work even if you gender swapped everyone or swapped the rolls of Ellie and Joel. What makes it female propaganda?

Are films like Predator, Rambo and Commando male propaganda?
Are games like Metal Gear Solid and Devil May Cry male propaganda because you play as men?

Its not about playong a female its about pushing an unrealistic picture of.. for example... pregnant woman fighting due to mental or physical problems.

Quote from a pregnant friend: "the part with Mel fighting just shows how Naughty Dog dlesnt understand what its like being prrgnant at all".

They even made Dinah unable to fight due to problems with pregnancy and she was only a few weeks.

Then you get Mel (around third month) fighting. Climbing and falling on the stomach. The kid already died several times on the way... but i guess it was an unrealistic but forced failed element to make people attached to dumb Mel.

There us a reason while pregnant woman dont fight in wars - they have a lot of mental and physical problems.

If you dont see Druckmanns feminist propaganda here then its just another really bad written part of Last of Us 2. Your choice.

There is a big difference between

Fantasy: playing as a female in Tomb Raider or even Devil May Cry i dobt care

and

Politics & Propaganda: playing a pregnant female in war to push feminist thinking.

Last edited:

It's funny to laugh at this, but under it all this is almost exactly what would happen with a cult. Joe feels like he followed the rules perfectly and got excommunicated for a tiny mistake, and all his former "friends" are treating him like dog shit. And he cannot comprehend how this happened.

It's really more sad than funny. And the weird reverse parasocial dependence all these TGWTG guys have for their fans and supporters just made it easier for them to get pulled in and exponentially more painful for them when it all falls apart.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned

It's funny to laugh at this, but under it all this is almost exactly what would happen with a cult. Joe feels like he followed the rules perfectly and got excommunicated for a tiny mistake, and all his former "friends" are treating him like dog shit. And he cannot comprehend how this happened.

It's really more sad than funny. And the weird reverse parasocial dependence all these TGWTG guys have for their fans and supporters just made it easier for them to get pulled in and exponentially more painful for them when it all falls apart.

Resetera = a digital place of mentally ill woke people

Gaming News Site = turning into an woke industry where nobody is allowed who thinks different

Perfect Gaming Tinder Match.

Last edited:
You're misguided here. Free speech is allowed on here only when you join the circle jerk. I have been warned on here for calling out the level of discussion. Got warned, threatened with a ban and had my comment deleted.

Yo I'm left and I honestly don't know what you're talking about. I've never come close to a ban here for stating my opinion. I'm also not like super bothered by what people say and never tried to censor other people I guess? I don't know. I mean I see "cuckman" and cringe but that's because it just looks stupid to me. Anyone who has been explicitly racist sexist on here that I've seen gets banned pretty quickly - implicit is a little harder to tell on the internet through text so I just don't bother or don't care. Alt right people exist. Trolls exist. Im not going to pretend they don't. However I purposefully asked to be banned from Resetera because they are straight up toxic over there.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yo I'm left and I honestly don't know what you're talking about. I've never come close to a ban here for stating my opinion. I'm also not like super bothered by what people say and never tried to censor other people I guess? I don't know. I mean I see "cuckman" and cringe but that's because it just looks stupid to me. Anyone who has been explicitly racist sexist on here that I've seen gets banned pretty quickly - implicit is a little harder to tell on the internet through text so I just don't bother or don't care. Alt right people exist. Trolls exist. Im not going to pretend they don't. However I purposefully asked to be banned from Resetera because they are straight up toxic over there.

His concept if left is far-left. He is an ideological cultist who considers anything to the right of him as right leaning (this being the vast majority of people).

He is also a resetera troll who has a history of coming here to shit on the community and make baseless accusations like he did today. Dude is a grade A cunt.

Paracelsus

His concept if left is far-left. He is an ideological cultist who considers anything to the right of him as right leaning (this being the vast majority of people).

He is also a resetera troll who has a history of coming here to shit on the community and make baseless accusations like he did today. Dude is a grade A cunt.

When they say "this place is a nazi hugbox" what they really mean is

L15Nw0H.png

This place of all forums should know, because now the cycle could very well repeat itself.

Capitalism plays a part in this: if you can't criticize anything, you can give bloated scores and general audiences will fall for it.
Who's gonna complain?
The irony is that the biggest advocates for social change are also the biggest corporate tools.

sobaka770

Banned
Is that literally "defend people attacking him with death threats and antisemitic posts." though?

Come on, the guy literally says: "he had it coming" in other words. There's plenty of posts like this in that thread with think veiled support for abuse. It was really sad to read people normalising the death threats to a guy because he's vocal on Twitter whether you liked his game or not.

I don't why why that user was banned but his assessment of some elements in this forum is not completely incorrect. Political forum here is empirically way more Trump and Tucker Carlson rather than Biden and John Oliver.

Paracelsus

Come on, the guy literally says: "he had it coming" in other words. There's plenty of posts like this in that thread with think veiled support for abuse. It was really sad to read people normalising the death threats to a guy because he's vocal on Twitter whether you liked his game or not.

I don't why why that user was banned but his assessment of some elements in this forum is not completely incorrect. Political forum here is empirically way more Trump and Tucker Carlson rather than Biden and John Oliver.

They just cancelled Angry Joe over nothing, why don't they sue over those threats and get people arrested?

Bryank75

Banned
When they say "this place is a nazi hugbox" what they really mean is

L15Nw0H.png

This place of all forums should know, because now the cycle could very well repeat itself.

Capitalism plays a part in this: if you can't criticize anything, you can give bloated scores and general audiences will fall for it.
Who's gonna complain?
The irony is that the biggest advocates for social change are also the biggest corporate tools.
I personally feel that I am doing no favor for my favorite gaming companies (Sony, Nintendo and Capcom) by just giving positive feedback and suppressing negative feedback. I want them to improve and that is irrespective of politics.....

But you are correct, these people think they are rebels, wearing their Che Guevara Tshirts from the Gap. Their movements have been completely exploited by the largest companies, they make it too easy.

HeresJohnny

If you are going to put elements that some find controversial in a game you have to be prepared for the response people have to those elements. You can’t just throw it in there like some kind of talisman that makes the whole thing free of criticism. That the other site doesn’t get or refuses to acknowledge this is too fucking funny, but completely unsurprising nonetheless.

They dishonor themselves by trying to ban a legitimate reviewer’s take on what has been clearly a polarizing game. It’s a dumb hill to die on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom