• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling88

You see it all the time. A thread about someone getting allegations of being a rapist or creep gets pages upon pages of people piling on to 'cancel' them, yet when those allegations are proven false you barely hear a peep from those same people about it admitting they were wrong. There's no self-reflection or accountability for actions at all.

They live inside of their own world, rejecting any truth that might not fit their world view.

Last edited:

600Breezy

aNpOPXE.png

lmao the look on his face gets me every time 😂

ManaByte

You see it all the time. A thread about someone getting allegations of being a rapist or creep gets pages upon pages of people piling on to 'cancel' them, yet when those allegations are proven false you barely hear a peep from those same people about it admitting they were wrong. There's no self-reflection or accountability for actions at all.

They live inside of their own world, rejecting any truth that might not fit their world view.

Like the Etika thread.

Reminds me of Adam Sessler. Looked up to the dude as a kid. Being able to play and review games as an adult? That shit is cool!

Turns out he is as far left as they come and a right cunt to everyone as well.
I hear you man. As a kid I saw the guy as a legend. He was in there, making a living showing the cutting edge of games tech to the public on TV (back when being on TV meant you were legit). Finding out he was an egotistical asshole was a major let down.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I hear you man. As a kid I saw the guy as a legend. He was in there, making a living showing the cutting edge of games tech to the public on TV (back when being on TV meant you were legit). Finding out he was an egotistical asshole was a major let down.

Apparently Morgan Webb is far more chill from what I have seen/heard. She tends to avoid any political bullshit and focuses on doing her actual job.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
The best part or when a Reee user shitpost is...you find out which users are raging autist and have no sense of humor

Read through it. It's like Funny Reply, Funny Reply, Funny Reply, Autistic post which doesn't get the humor in the post and calls the guy a dick, Funny Reply, etc..

Last edited by a moderator:

nush

Some gold nuggets popping up today
Page 3 and you are transphobic if you attend these parties

Are these gender reveal parties just an excuse for another baby shower? Or do they do just one or the other?

ManaByte

Reminds me of Adam Sessler. Looked up to the dude as a kid. Being able to play and review games as an adult? That shit is cool!

Turns out he is as far left as they come and a right cunt to everyone as well.

He started to be an idiot when he began whining about guns in first-person-shooters, then he went off the deep end with his public hissy fit over not getting a free PS4 debug unit from Sony.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Are these gender reveal parties just an excuse for another baby shower? Or do they do just one or the other?
Yeah it’s just another baby shower. When u have a baby it’s kind of a big deal.

Of course the anti social anti children anti family narcissistic lunatics at Ree would find normal social behaviour distasteful.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Yeah it’s just another baby shower. When u have a baby it’s kind of a big deal.

Of course the anti social anti children anti family narcissistic lunatics at Ree would find normal social behaviour distasteful.
Don't forget anti american as well. Plenty of responses are like "murica!" and "stupid americans" That thread is really filled with hateful little cunts. Hating on a perfectly normal thing that many of them are pretending is bad to score some sort of woke points. Because how dare you label a fucking baby as male or female. You don't know. That baby could come out of the womb trans! Lol. fucking clowns.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
"how dare you be excited about growing your family??? you should be excited about comic book movies put out by a giant corporation!"

i love the comments that are "how self centered do you have to be to throw this party?" it's like, these baby showers typically only invite close family and friends, it's not like they are renting out over the local movie theater. ffs

Last edited:
I got to say I really really hate their community. I still post there (infrequently) because there are some good posters and content. I remember when you could stay stuff online about your own personal views about politics (or anything really) just as an aside - and people would respect your opinion and talk with you about it. I'm not looking for a fight, and what I am saying is very basic stuff - but it does not align with their angry mob mentality. It saddens me when all I get are "yikes", "HaHa. Wow." or just clapping emojis with a meaningless line about waking up. What are those replies supposed to even mean ?

Is this what progress looks like ? I cannot even express my own 0.01% different opinion on a topic - or talk about an idea without being flamed or piled on by their user base. I now refrain from posting, I cannot deal with the constant negativity they generate. Maybe this is not an ERA thing, maybe more of a internet has become hateful thing, but it sucks.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Some gold nuggets popping up today
Page 3 and you are transphobic if you attend these parties

Before 1930: Hey everyone, we're having a girl (by mail)

1930-2000: Hey everyone, we're having a girl! (by telephone)

2000s: Hey everyone, we're having a girl (by email and social media)

2010s: Hey everyone, we're having a girl (by gender reveal parties with things blowing up pink)

2020s???: Hey everyone, we're having a girl (Both of us want attention and nothing beats beastiality. We just married an animal, but can you guess which one? Tada! We married a flamingo!.......... oh shit, the bird just jammed its beak in Bob's asshole. Someone call 911!.......... Hey Bob are you ok? I got great news though. Even though your asshole got stabbed by a bird, our video we uploaded got a ton of hits and ad clicks! Everyone was talking about the pink bird!!! Oh I forget, what's our daughter's name going to be again? I forgot)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I got to say I really really hate their community. I still post there (infrequently) because there are some good posters and content. I remember when you could stay stuff online about your own personal views about politics (or anything really) just as an aside - and people would respect your opinion and talk with you about it. I'm not looking for a fight, and what I am saying is very basic stuff - but it does not align with their angry mob mentality. It saddens me when all I get are "yikes", "HaHa. Wow." or just clapping emojis with a meaningless line about waking up. What are those replies supposed to even mean ?

Is this what progress looks like ? I cannot even express my own 0.01% different opinion on a topic - or talk about an idea without being flamed or piled on by their user base. I now refrain from posting, I cannot deal with the constant negativity they generate. Maybe this is not an ERA thing, maybe more of a internet has become hateful thing, but it sucks.

If you say anything about being centrist or right of center the only way to dodge a ban is to be able to justify every policy/action not made by Progressive Dems.

The problem with that is some of the answers are bannable wrong think ideas.
So they set you up to fail.

So their is no 'discussion' it's just a circle jerk of the same ideas.

How can we not watch them? Everyone loves to rubberneck when they see a disaster.
Everyone loves to watch from a distance the crazy person screaming nonsensical shit.

It's like a game. Once or twice a day, go to ResetEra, scan topics till you see that one that makes you go "Ohhhh this one is gonna be good!" *scroll, scroll,scroll* "GENDER REVEALS ARE TRANSPHOBIC!" Bingo! We got crazy on page 1!! Let's see where this autistic troon steers this mess!"

Shit is comedy gold!

nush

It's not an internet thing per say, but those type of posters gather wherever they have the biggest platform to virtue signal from.

I see I've had a post notification on Era it's ALWAYS someone telling me I'm wrong or a drive by yikes.

I get a post notification on GAF it's mostly a drive by like or someone that is willing to have a discussion or has a legitimate question for clarification.

Era is the worst forum on the internet even beating the age old mumsnet but they have sucked thier own dick so much they really believe they are the most progressive safe space ever.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
LOL this is the funniest SW take i've seen in a long time. the original Star Wars didn't have much world building! it was a family soap opera! you remember Luke's family and the soap opera character building they got into during A New Hope, don't you?
JB1981

9 minutes ago
Mr.Deadshot said:
Totally depends on what you are looking for in a movie. I am for sure don't watch Star Wars because of the acting and dialogue.
The OT had very little in the way of world building. It was a family soap opera with a focus on character interactions, character development, action and adventure. World building was low on the list. The OT has rightfully gone back to that template.

If you’re looking for world building in the primary cinematic movies SW is probably the wrong franchise for you.

Oh, and the SW ot had great acting and dialog.
yes, the movie that introduced Luke, Vader, Jawas, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Princess Leia, R2, C3PO, the force, lighstabers, the Death Star, Tattooine, etc. had world building "low on the list" ;) if you are looking for world building, this 9 episode long interconnected series is probably the wrong franchise for you :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

ManaByte

HAHAHA “great writing and dialog”

AHAHAHA

Harrison Ford told George “you can write this shit, but you can’t say it.” About the “great writing and dialog”.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
edit: oops, wrong thread.

joedan

That gender reveal thread is quite a thing. Lol. I swear those era people cannot be like that in real life; they must be acting just for the Internet points.

chris121580

That gender reveal thread is quite a thing. Lol. I swear those era people cannot be like that in real life; they must be acting just for the Internet points.
I don't think they are after viewing the non-binary thread. They're very serious about it. Let me know once the baby is born and the doctor labels it as non-binary on the birth certificate hahaha. Such morons. I hate how soft people are these days and get offended by absolutely everything

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Oh im sure they are. They mostly just hate and self loathe in silence in real life though. No spines and nothing to say about the positions they take to real people.

benjipwns

Banned
For what it’s worth, these dudes are probably a thousand times more happy in their lives then the basement dwellers of era...no hate, appreciate a quality pillow!
I was going to say, they're outside, in public, totally unashamed, having fun, the people around them don't even seem to be taking it too seriously just dudes being weird and some probably see it as a joke. (Which it seem like it could be ala stuff Mega64 will do.) Lots of things involved in it that aren't allowed on ResetERA.com. And that's not even getting to the pillows themselves.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
They talk about god of war 3 ending button mashing and one of the users want's to post link to the legendary gaf topic. we all know which one. And lol - it's like disabling yt comments level of moderation :LOL:

Last edited:

Sterling88

They talk about god of war 3 ending button mashing and one of the users want's to post link to the legendary gaf topic. we all know which one. And lol - it's like disabling yt comments level of moderation :LOL:
They really are the China of internet forums.

benjipwns

Banned
edit: oh, you can't link to gaf anymore.
And yet they fill their OT forum with, Evilore's boss in the incel alt-right hierarchy, Donald Trump's tweets, speeches, stray thoughts, facial expressions and from time to time his actions as President.

Last edited:

nush

This is already hilarious thread to read and I have a feeling it will be ban messages goldmine soon :D

It's provided this gem of stupidity from ultra male feminist muslim Messofanego. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

g6eQeCP.png

Who doubled down when called out for it with an amazing whooosh

Ee8dtXD.png

A Muslim that thinks muslims are an ethnicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom