• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Saw that they locked a Korma v Katsu thread and guessed it would be this.

lsORorA.jpg

Roufianos

One of the worst things about that site has to be that Serebii cunt who feels the need to respond to every negative opinion about Pokemon. Remember he used to do it here, thank god he's gone.

Saruhashi

Banned
guys i think DISNEYTM'S MARVELTM'S AVENGERSTM might be a corporate cash grab 🤮🤮🤮

like, there are these, companies, and they purchased a property for 4 BILLION DOLLARS and then they made 23 films and now they, hold on, this is hard to even type out, want to, like, MAKE MORE MONEY by publishing a VIDEO GAME?

im starting to think these giant corporations are only in it for the MONEY 🤔

AG1kDtP.png

Always gets a chuckle out of me.

They are stuck between a crippling Fear Of Missing Out and a desire to push the narrative that capitalism is bad. :)

How could anyone honestly not understand that the creators entertainment are mostly concerned with making a profit?
Did they really think that a big budget project that employs hundreds of people and takes millions of man hours to complete is not going to be designed to make an absolute ton of profit?

Jim Sterling is kind of the worst for this.
He sets himself up as some kind of industry watchdog but on a very fundamental level he doesn't understand the industry.
One look tells you that this is a man who does not know how, or care, to exercise self-control.
One listen confirms it. Can't people just ignore the game? Oh no anything but THAT.

The companies churn out game after game after game because they want there to always be something new to buy.
They put games on discount after discount because they want you to impulse buy.
They include microtransactions for the same reasons. Always something new to get. Always affordable and available right now.

It's up to the consumer to say "actually I am fine with just the base game and if I don't like it then I won't be planning to buy another from this developer".

Nobody needs to play EVERY game.
It might even be more rewarding to say "actually I'm gonna replay this old game that I loved and maybe skip some of these new releases".

Saruhashi

Banned
From this thread :D

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is...nable-than-it-is-in-video-games.265335/page-3

People with uteruses..... not all women are female

I can't....

"For example, instead of always saying "women" in reference to pregnancy, switch to saying "people with uteruses" instead."

Surely this is somewhat dehumanizing?

If gender is a social construct then the words used to describe gender actually express social ideas.
So describing someone as a "woman" provides a certain layered description of who this person might be.

Using "person with a uterus" peels off those complex layers and just leaves a person defined as a single biological function.

You aren't a "woman" with all the associated social implications, no, no, no, you are just here to make the babies.

Basically, Radical Feminists were SO successful at demonizing men that the only escape from them was to open the concept of "being a woman" up to absolutely everyone and anyone.

Then once everyone is a woman or gender is irrelevant the people who were once referred to as "women" are simply known as "people with uteruses".

So when we look back we will see that Feminism was basically infiltrated by guilt ridden misogynists who, in their desperation to avoid being identified as men, rewrote the definition of woman, bullied everyone into submission and then offered "only good for making babies" as the best way to describe the people we used to call women.

Especially with something like COVID which can be relatively easily prevented from spreading by taking simple precautions like social distancing and wearing a mask. Don't be so dense.

Tell that to the thousands of protestors around the US who don't wear a mask or wear it improperly so that it's useless. Oh wait, those didn't raise covid numbers. Wokest virus ever, I guess. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Saw that they locked a Korma v Katsu thread and guessed it would be this.

lsORorA.jpg

IWhat is the scope of this topic ban? Can 'cultural foods' be discussed at all? What are the parameters of permitted discussion of 'cultural foods'? Is there such a thing as a food that is not cultural?

This seems such a US centric ruling. I guess they mean that you can talk about pizza and burgers in whatever way you want and also maybe UK-white people foods and euro foods but you can't make a thread discussing the merits of one type of curry vs another type. This feels really arbitrary to me. Curry is the most popular type of food in the UK bar none. UK people can't make a thread about that? What's the difference between that and US people making a thread about their favourite burritos?

You can make a fairly sensible argument that this ban amounts to a ban on all food discussion.

Cultural foods ffs. What a moron.

Chuckie

IWhat is the scope of this topic ban? Can 'cultural foods' be discussed at all? What are the parameters of permitted discussion of 'cultural foods'? Is there such a thing as a food that is not cultural?

This seems such a US centric ruling. I guess they mean that you can talk about pizza and burgers in whatever way you want and also maybe UK-white people foods and euro foods but you can't make a thread discussing the merits of one type of curry vs another type. This feels really arbitrary to me. Curry is the most popular type of food in the UK bar none. UK people can't make a thread about that? What's the difference between that and US people making a thread about their favourite burritos?

You can make a fairly sensible argument that this ban amounts to a ban on all food discussion.

Cultural foods ffs. What a moron.

I think the problem (and by that I mean that sites moderator teams problem, not an actual problem) is that this poll is pitting food from different cultures against eachother. Different Asian cultures to be specific. Considering they just had an Asian summit I think that is the reason it got closed. (Afraid of: Japan is better than China! stuff)

I for one however do not believe for a fucking second that ' many menbers have expressed concern'... Nobody is expressing concern in that thread, so you really want me to believe many have expressed that to the mods?

Ymir

I think the problem (and by that I mean that sites moderator teams problem, not an actual problem) is that this poll is pitting food from different cultures against eachother. Different Asian cultures to be specific. Considering they just had an Asian summit I think that is the reason it got closed. (Afraid of: Japan is better than China! stuff)

I for one however do not believe for a fucking second that ' many menbers have expressed concern'... Nobody is expressing concern in that thread, so you really want me to believe many have expressed that to the mods?
I can believe that people whined, most people on that only post through the report button. They're too chickenshit of being banned so they whine through reports so no one can see they're whining again. They're cowards so not surprised if there's no posts but people are actually complaining.

Chuckie

I can believe that people whined, most people on that only post through the report button. They're too chickenshit of being banned so they whine through reports so no one can see they're whining again. They're cowards so not surprised if there's no posts but people are actually complaining.

Oh no doubt there will be one or two who whined and reported it. But I do not believe it is many. It is simply typical Era moderation. When you had the Trans summit, you suddenly saw extra strict moderation on Trans topics. When it was Black summit, you saw extra strict moderation on Black topics.... they just had an Asian summit, so I am pretty sure that is why this topic was closed.,

The user made another thread on a similar theme

This one wasn't locked, I suppose because it's European culture rather than Asian culture? Seems such crazy line to draw in the sand

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
HXYUbkA.png

u0dIWfG.png

"yeah imagine that! just imagine if this entirely hypothetical situation would ever happen! it would be so unlikely!"

this is the type of bootlickers who probably think the media "let Hillary down" and "didn't do enough to make her win"

Last edited:
One of the worst things about that site has to be that Serebii cunt who feels the need to respond to every negative opinion about Pokemon. Remember he used to do it here, thank god he's gone.

Yeah yeah sure Pokemon will sell well as always, but would it hurt it Pokemon if it actually improved and not keep on stagnating. Sooner or later there will be another game that will give it serious competition.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah yeah sure Pokemon will sell well as always, but would it hurt it Pokemon if it actually improved and not keep on stagnating. Sooner or later there will be another game that will give it serious competition.
24 years running. Still no actual competition. At this point you either shut off your brain, lower your expectations each gen, enjoy it or move on from it and the weirdos that still cling on to the series.

JSoup

Banned

He's been doing that way longer than you think.
In the days before his site, he used to jump around every GFAQs Pokemon board and do that. After his site launched, he expanded to every gaming forum he could find and eventually crusading against Bulbapedia.

JordanN

Banned
"Actual lives are on the line."

xqr4oNy.png

If Biden's brain doesn't completely fry by November, I have no idea who these people think he is capable of saving.

At least Kanye wants to save actual lives by stopping abortions, so wtf are they running away from him again?

Last edited:

Ymir

xqr4oNy.png

If Biden's brain doesn't completely fry by November, I have no idea who these people think he is capable of saving.

At least Kanye wants to save actual lives by stopping abortions, so wtf are they running away from him again?
You haven't seen the mass graves of blacks that Trump created when he took office? Wake up sheeple.

nush

xqr4oNy.png

Like Trumps unreported trans genocide?

#Phonepunk#

Banned

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Solid gold

rVfaUbO.png

VIohYQC.png

Hawkster is the darkest and most nihilistic person on that site and that’s saying something.

Check his post history and whenever he’s not talking about whatever random FPS, it’s the most doom and gloom you’ll ever see.

JSoup

Banned
lol since when has dude been gender neutral? That has pretty much always referred to a man

It's first use was directed to anyone. It was mostly used towards men because it was the 1800s and if you were talking to someone, it was probably a man. Wikipedia has half a good article on it:

I remember it being used openly between everyone who was friends on the school yard in the 90s. Most movies and TV as well. It was used as a friendly term between people of all ages and either gender.

Ymir

Look at this screeching moron losing his shit. Sell your Microsoft stock now boys, they might go under after this scandal

dbDn4jY.png

c8sAOmW.png

ry157V8.png

qruYQHr.png

J9kD4Pn.png

MY OPERATING SYSTEM WASTED MY TIME, ENERGY, AND RESOURCES

The moron keeps ignoring that google also preinstalls stuff and keeps saying he's not part of apple's ecosystem so he doesn't know what they do.

Last edited:

Jezbollah

Look at this screeching moron losing his shit. Sell your Microsoft stock now boys, they might go under after this scandal

dbDn4jY.png

c8sAOmW.png

ry157V8.png

qruYQHr.png

J9kD4Pn.png

MY OPERATING SYSTEM WASTED MY TIME, ENERGY, AND RESOURCES

The moron keeps ignoring that google also preinstalls stuff and keeps saying he's not part of apple's ecosystem so he doesn't know what they do.

This, ladies and gents, is the primary market for blow up sex dolls.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
getting so drunk that you punch holes in the wall is a GOOD THING!

yes as long as you contextualize it in our stupid culture war, being a violent drunk is a virtue that should be celebrated!

DjEuzsG.png

Replace “family member” with “wife” and then reread their post.

Would they cheer him on then or would they actually finally recognize it to be the domestic violence that it is?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Replace “family member” with “wife” and then reread their post.

Would they cheer him on then or would they actually finally recognize it to be the domestic violence that it is?
yeah i mean this is toxic male violence 101. someone is unable to use words and lashes out with brute force.

and yes it is domestic violence too! fuelled by booze! yay for drunken abusives!

they are literally cheering on a drunken asshole who is punching holes the walls to threaten his family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom