• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel14

Banned
Act 2: All Cops Are Bastards if you're against systemic racism apparently.

Several people including me rejected that proposition. I made the point that this was prejudice breeding further prejudice (albeit based on occupation not ethnicity) and that we did not condemn all Germans as bastards after the 2nd World War because generalisations that foment hatred are dangerous.

I was banned for inflammatory false equivalence and concern trolling. Apparently I was implying that those criticising systemic racism are creating more prejudice which is inflammatory: ie you have to agree ACAB if you are against systemic racism..

Looking back several posters asked for their accounts to be terminated in disgust and I should probably have done so too.

My post is #632 here for any discussion forum researchers that might be interested.

Marvel14

Banned
Act 3: Lets Hate All Republicans with Abandon.

After the events at the Capitol emotions were running high. Still I couldn't believe a liberal discussion forum would be discussing generalised hatred for a large and diverse identity group.

The thread title asks if people hate all Republicans. The included poll has an option "hate them all without question" which currently has 67% of 600 votes.

I pointed out that true liberalism would be against intolerance and disempowerment not diversity of thought and would abhor group based hatred.

What did me in was wondering in a separate post whether an identical thread that just replaced "GOP/Republican" with any minority group would be allowed to stay open.

My permaban has labelled my account a troll account.

Most of my posts are here:

nush

Gold Member
(I've owned all Nintendo consoles except NES GBA VB and WiiU).

Except the ones I didn't buy.

tenor.gif

nush

Gold Member
This ones even better, remember we laughed at this last week?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

holy shit GIF

Marvel14

Banned

Damn.

Brand new to Neogaf, on a forum to discuss the state of ERA, share my experiences with folk i expected to be likeminded and folk already piling on negativity.

and yes being a mod on any discussion forum must have been a bitch in 2020

Thanks though...i think i needed it to be reemphasided that this format of anonymous engagement is badly limiting.

Will go discuss videogames and keep away from complex topics. Great tip!

nush

Gold Member
Damn.

Brand new to Neogaf, on a forum to discuss the state of ERA, share my experiences with folk i expected to be likeminded and folk already piling on negativity.

and yes being a mod on any discussion forum must have been a bitch in 2020

Thanks though...i think i needed it to be reemphasided that this format of anonymous engagement is badly limiting.

Will go discuss videogames and keep away from complex topics. Great tip!
I've got some other tips for you

eirqrvQ.png

Raven117

Act 3: Lets Hate All Republicans with Abandon.

After the events at the Capitol emotions were running high. Still I couldn't believe a liberal discussion forum would be discussing generalised hatred for a large and diverse identity group.

The thread title asks if people hate all Republicans. The included poll has an option "hate them all without question" which currently has 67% of 600 votes.

I pointed out that true liberalism would be against intolerance and disempowerment not diversity of thought and would abhor group based hatred.

What did me in was wondering in a separate post whether an identical thread that just replaced "GOP/Republican" with any minority group would be allowed to stay open.

My permaban has labelled my account a troll account.

Most of my posts are here:

you had to have known you would catch a ban for that. They are not interested in any I mean zero discussion or any idea outside of the preapproved rhetoric

Expecting to agree with your favorite artists on politics before enjoying their creations is such a silly ideal

I love when I agree with themes handled by an artist I love. Protest The Hero comes to mind: they tackle a lot of social aspects and I agree with almost everything the vocalist sings about, which makes me appreciate their music even more. But then again there's folks whom I enjoy music from. I don't go to them for political and social guidance, I go to them for good music. What if I find out one day they have shit opinions? Nothing happens, because I still enjoy their music, I'll just probably not follow them on social media if they're particularly outspoken about their dumbness.

Ionian

They were responsible for at least 35% of my teenage wank sessions. I want them all is what I really really want, I wanna heh, I wanna hah, I wanna ziggazig-aah

Had a poster right over my weights bench. Seriously pissed off my girlfriend and that made me bust up laughing. She honestly was furious. (Was the point).

She didn't even notice My Faith No More, Chili Peppers and 2000 AD ones.

Oh, to be a teen again ...

Last edited:

Marvel14

Banned
Oh it’s that dude!
Sorry Marvel14 Marvel14 that thread was fucking embarrassing. Please try to suck less dick during your time on GAF 😂
Lol..that wasnt my objective at all. If you'd read my 3 act play you'd see its pretty obvious.

I was sick of all the bloody negativity, noticed there wasnt a single thread praising anyone, 2020 really was a nightmare year and i like to go against the grain. It didn't even last a bloody page before a mod responded with "we dont do it for the thanks" and 80% of the posts were angry put downs. - A highly poisonous atmosphere which i can see lurks here as well.

it's always good to get an early heads up!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Lol..that wasnt my objective at all. If you'd read my 3 act play you'd see its pretty obvious.

I was sick of all the bloody negativity, noticed there wasnt a single thread praising anyone, 2020 really was a nightmare year and i like to go against the grain. It didn't even last a bloody page before a mod responded with "we dont do it for the thanks" and 80% of the posts were angry put downs. - A highly poisonous atmosphere which i can see lurks here as well.

it's always good to get an early heads up!

If you are sick of negativity, why on earth would you post a thread thanking Era staff? Have you seen the venomous hate for the userbase Nepenthe posts?

Marvel14

Banned
If you are sick of negativity, why on earth would you post a thread thanking Era staff? Have you seen the venomous hate for the userbase Nepenthe posts?
No i haven't. i dont follow these things that closely.

I was just acknowledging they (and mods here too) have a difficult and sometimes thankless job and they still give it a go. It was especially tough in 2020.

Wanted to see if I could create a thread where people just post gratitude, thanks or simply acknowledge efforts to keep a source of entertainment and information going. How bloody naive I was.

Last edited:

Raven117

Reading the room is for Betas. Say what you want.
No joke. There are times socially where reading the room is important. How they use it, all they mean is bend the knee sinner, don’t say things we disagree with and then do it with an air of authority. It definitely is for betas.
No i haven't. i dont follow these things that closely.

I was just acknowledging they (and mods here too) have a difficult and sometimes thankless job and they still give it a go. It was especially tough in 2020.

Wanted to see if I could create a thread where people just post gratitude, thanks or simply acknowledge efforts to keep a source of entertainment and information going. How bloody naive I was.
Well, folks here thank our mods all the time because they do a good job and have a consistent vision for what they want Gaf to be.
I think they are monkeys with keyboards who just happens to write Shakespeare, but hey, whatever works.

No need to bootlick thou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom