• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

Gold Member
ZHkcLqt.png

"I'm not trans, but let me speak for them" I thought this would provide more LOLs but even after a few hours once the usual posters have driven by with support and virtue signaling it's failing to gain any traction.

"Trans folk deserve to be heard without dismissal of their views" Let's give that a try from this very same topic.

RsSkldS.png

Literally treated worse than a North Korean or a Chinese Uighur Muslim,yup we heard your views alright..

brap

Banned

benjipwns

Banned
The non-binary nonsense is pretty much the death of that movement. It’s basically impossible for an honest person to take it seriously.
For example:

Anyone hurt by a tweet “defending” trans people from Ricky’s harmless jokes is an idiot, full stop.
RsSkldS.png

Literally treated worse than a North Korean or a Chinese Uighur Muslim,yup we heard your views alright..
Nearly all of the legitimate threats and abuse come from within the community. If they had any power other than to block people on Twitter the "trans" communities self-regulation would make the illegal drug industry look like a public policy masterpiece.

You wouldn't know it from reading ResetERA.com where it's constantly nothing but Trump launched hellfire but by the trans community's own statistics their demographics are wonderful. (Cue JordanN's hourly praise of the demographic superiority of White Men™ for more details on why this happens almost automatically.) Even the Human Rights Campaign's SCARY LIST OF TRANSGENDER VIOLENCE for the last two years is almost limited entirely to black transgender women in the sex industry. (Also a person shot in a mass shooting.) Now, personally, I don't think anyone in the sex industry or even anyone not in the sex industry should be murdered (pls no ban NeoNaziGAF) but there is something amusingly ugly about these LARPers on the internet/real life appropriating the problems seemingly specific to the black transgender community (at the least) to somehow include them for use in their petty wars on the internet/Twitter for "status" or whatever it is they think they're gaining.

The sudden "non-binary" step up in the progressive stack is almost a perfect encapsulation of this entire movement. To destroy gender norms we had to make stereotypes into concrete normative features of chromosomes sex hormones. The most hilarious one of these are transwomen who post about their "time of the month" craving chocolate and crying and just being so emotional during it and even more how now that they're a lady tee hee they're so weak they can't carry groceries or open jars anymore. The latter stuff even slips by on ResetERA.com despite their claim to ban misogyny.

Actually, let me correct myself there, the most hilarious one continues to be Peter Coffin, of non-binary ResetERA.com's approved list of "non-binary content creators" fame, coming out as "agender" since "I am physically happy with myself but severely dislike my place in the gender dynamic" because "it just felt like the dynamic didn’t apply to me." Just decided he didn't like being a man one day but didn't really want to do much about it especially not dump the wife and two kids. Or the beard. (Not saying she's a beard, I mean his actual beard, look I'll put a picture for clarity.)
VKHMAzG.png

Though I do wish to note that transgender people are not a monolith, no matter what incelsiorlef wishes.

Last edited:
It's basically all switch users not just era. Fucking entitlement.

It's different with Nintendo fanboys, you shoulda been around years ago when gay marriage passed in the U.S.

Lore did a rainbow flag theme in celebration on gaf and Nintendo fanboys incessantly complained about having a memorial for Iwata when Iwata passed days after gay marriage went legal. Until it pissed off Lore enough to can the Iwata memorial theme completely that was planned.

Saruhashi

Banned
TIL that SkillUp's cancelled on 'Era. I think I like that guy even more.

Seems to be that SkillUp's greatest crime is that he also makes videos with his brother where they... don't take things too seriously and have a laugh together.

Same for Red Letter Media etc.

Anything that is just a group of lads having a laugh about pop culture stuff REALLY seems to piss them off.

Seems like they only have time for super serious and straight faced "critique" of modern movies, games, etc and anything that wants to have a bit of fun is off limits. How DARE you laugh at how ridiculously overpowered Rey is in Star Wars! This will not stand!

Think of a social situation where you talk about movies with your friends. Probably the most fun you can have is ripping into bad movies. Even if you are making the dumbest most ridiculous points it can still be good fun. Then imagine some of these dipshits sitting at the table and crying because you are being mean to the movie.

Sometimes I genuinely wonder if these folks are even able to just relax and have a good time.
I mean, it's just movies and games. If some dude does a 7 hour video about Star Wars and you hate it... then just don't watch it?

I reckon the problem is that many of them see pop culture as a vehicle for activism and a way to push changes in society.
From that perspective it's super super serious.
This isn't helped by these weird "critique" videos that are doing things like "looking at the game through a feminist lens".
It makes everything feel like "OK a new game is coming out but is it appropriate and responsible in Trumps America".
"How does the newest videogame make the world a better place for oppressed people".

So guys like SkillUp, Colin Moriarty, RLM etc are a massive problem. What would happen if everyone figured out that you don't HAVE to take everything so seriously? What if you just played the game and watched the movie and then had a laugh with your buddies?

It seems to be more and more common that people who do not even have politics in their content at all are getting the "alt-right" label.

Is there anything worse to these people than someone who just wants to play and enjoy videogames?

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Wow, Era is currently in full swing of a French Revolution clusterfuck and circling firing squad. Grab some popcorn as they go after their own and laugh how none of them have a shred of consistency from situation to situation. Since they threw out and banned anyone who directly disagreed with them, they are now infighting bitterly over nonsensical issues.

It feels they are on the downhill with their bullshit tantrums being tolerated by the whole.

Sane liberals who have been called far right wing from these sociopaths are beginning to hope this shit is over. They lost a lot of us a long fucking time ago.
Yeah they are actively radicalizing people and don’t even know it. Vito dropped in to tell them he’s actually a liberal and they were like, “No you are alt right” over and over again. Then they ban him from a liberal forum. What do they expect people to do once they’ve been rejected like that? If u deplatform people they don’t just fall off the planet.

It’s so hypocritical these identity politics. Here was a liberal guy being told he could not choose his identity, that he was wrong, and strangers knew who he really was. These same people demand that you respect every pronoun and gender identity, all the while denying the agency to define yourself if u make a “bad” joke. It is wholly nonsensical

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Yeah they are actively radicalizing people and don’t even know it. Vito dropped in to tell them he’s actually a liberal and they were like, “No you are alt right” over and over again. Then they ban him from a liberal forum. What do they expect people to do once they’ve been rejected like that? If u deplatform people they don’t just fall off the planet.

It’s so hypocritical these identity politics. Here was a liberal guy being told he could not choose his identity, that he was wrong, and strangers knew who he really was. These same people demand that you respect every pronoun and gender identity, all the while denying the agency to define yourself if u make a “bad” joke. It is wholly nonsensical
It reveals their aim is just to control others like the secular Puritans they are. They even want to control definition of words and will scream at you and disparage you if you disagree with their definition.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
User warned: Dismisive commentary

Exactly. She's poking fun at Rick Gervais for poking fun at trans people. She's not directly poking fun at trans people. People nowadays are getting too sensitive.

User Banned (1 Week): Dismissing Concerns of Transphobia

This is ridiculous and also kind of a stupid thing to get mad about but then again I'm not trans.

User Banned (2 Week): Dismissing Concerns of Transphobia

I’m talking about the joke, not other points which I have not read up on. Stop moving goalposts.

Also opinion is not fact. You are welcome to feel like her joke is transphobic. I disagree. Intent actually matters, the butt of the joke is Ricky Gervais and how he actually sounds.

And any community on twitter really is never satisfied, trans,cis or otherwise as twitter/online is just an outrage machine. This is being proven in this thread, right now.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

Saruhashi

Banned
I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.

It was inevitable they would turn on each other.
I think if Trump had lost in 2016 you would have seen this kind of stuff occurring more frequently and more forcefully.

As it stands they have these common focal points, Trump, Incels etc.

Once Trump leaves the White House they will have to fill that void with something else and I wouldn't be too surprised if they have a good old purge of their own ranks.

Right now you can kind of keep the mob at bay with "I hate Trump" but when he's gone?

MilkyJoe

R1upBGW.png

Preemptive arse-kissing from Jason boy there....

I can't believe any of the old crew still post at that pedo ring. Stockholm syndrome (ish) They were never like those lunatics when they posted here.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe any of the old crew still post at that pedo ring. Stockholm syndrome (ish) They were never like those lunatics when they posted here.

It's easy to get comfortable in a few regular threads and stick around because of the higher activity. It took me about a year to realize how crazy things were getting and then I stepped into one too many social discussion and got permabanned recently and had my account deleted for good.

There are still a lot of good posters over there, still, but I can't see the crazy hard line they take not leading to a grand implosion sooner or later. You see the same crew of 30 ~ 50 extremist posters dominating any and every conversation that is even tangentially related to social issues/politics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mossybrew

Well I just got a two week ban over the weekend for "dismissing concerns" etc., though to be fair I was on late and fairly drunk, never a good idea, but it kinda felt good to say what I actually thought for once. Eh, I spent a good portion of my time over there just ignoring threads, so maybe this break will do me good.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Well I just got a two week ban over the weekend for "dismissing concerns" etc., though to be fair I was on late and fairly drunk, never a good idea, but it kinda felt good to say what I actually thought for once. Eh, I spent a good portion of my time over there just ignoring threads, so maybe this break will do me good.
Welcome back to the sane place. Stick around. Although will you be able to handle not having discussion guidelines for every third thread? lol

Kishido

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You have been banned for the following reason: Endorsing Misogyny; Prior Severe Ban for Inflammatory False Equivalence and Dismissing Concerns Surrounding Sexualization (Ban made permanent after review.).

Just to see what I have posted...

Obvious joke post...

My first ban was as laughable that I do not even remember it.

But so be it

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
You have been banned for the following reason: Endorsing Misogyny; Prior Severe Ban for Inflammatory False Equivalence and Dismissing Concerns Surrounding Sexualization (Ban made permanent after review.).

Obvious joke post...

But so be it
Resetera is on a roll today. Welcome. Feel free to joke and have fun here.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Obvious joke post...

But so be it
You got a perma for that?

Doczu

Obvious joke post...

But so be it
Welcome back dude!
You got a perma for that?
You think that aint enough to be permed on ERA?
Resetera is on a roll today.
Their new guidelines are going into overdrive. Twitchy fingers have to catch up with the ban counter.

Kishido

My first ban was about JP developers character kid design and the general sexualization and how they have to change it...

Just to clarify... I do see some problems in it as well but not for that example given

I simply said do not see it sexualized for me because it is a child and I do not have any thoughts about that when seeing it as I have no pedo thoughts seeing some children with bikinis at the beach
PS
I have 2 children

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Cheebs castigating his board for not banning fast enough. groupthink is insufficient!

how butthurt do you have to be to be confronted by another's opinions for a scary hour or so, quickly ban them, then go a weekend and then on into Tuesday and still have a hair across your ass that someone posted a negative review of Star Wars?

actually, the person most often posting that video was Cheebo himself LOL

way to platform a "Nazi", fuckhead

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Cheebs castigating his board for not banning fast enough. groupthink is insufficient!

how butthurt do you have to be to be confronted by another's opinions for a scary hour or so, quickly ban them, then go a weekend and then on into Tuesday and still have a hair across your ass that someone posted a negative review of Star Wars?

actually, the person most often posting that video was Cheebo himself LOL

way to platform a "Nazi", fuckhead

It really is just the same group of posters constantly starting/going into the same discussions and posting a bunch of wild statements and accusations in an attempt to bait people who might disagree so they can weed them out. It's really quite impressive to see.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It really is just the same group of posters constantly starting/going into the same discussions and posting a bunch of wild statements and accusations in an attempt to bait people who might disagree so they can weed them out. It's really quite impressive to see.

They did the same shit here. Honeypot threads and bait posts. Total losers who would never wear that shit on their sleeves in public.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
they posted a video where a guy complains about the Gillette ad as evidence they are horrible people LOL

imagine stanning for a fucking razor company LOL

NO DISSENT ALLOWED

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
"falling for alt-right videos" What are they so afraid of? That they are going to watch a video critical of TLJ then become red-pilled? Are they that easily manipulated? Are they so afraid of losing forum members because youtube doesn't like captain marvel? Really?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
"falling for alt-right videos" What are they so afraid of? That they are going to watch a video critical of TLJ then become red-pilled? Are they that easily manipulated? Are they so afraid of losing forum members because youtube doesn't like captain marvel? Really?
It is the same pattern of a cult telling its members to ignore the lies. Ignore what your eyes tell you! Ignore the bans!

As things crumble, you will see more reality-defying feats of ignorance, as members try to outdo one another's cognitive dissonance. It will be hilarious if the forum itself can last that long before getting closed down or going "member viewable only".

Daily reminder: the term alt-right has no more meaning. It meant something politically specific at a point, but now it a cudgel in the attempts to control or dissuade people. It's just tossed to ascribe anything that goes against the twitter/era outrage mob's narrative for the day.

Remember, Obama was alluded to being alt-right by era and twitter on his criticism of cancel culture. Many liberal personalities and journalists have been labelled as alt-right for going against the authoritarian narrative, Even "allies" have been called alt-right for stepping out of lock step on an issue. You can safely ignore the term and/or call them for using it in their attempts to ruin people's lives who have nothing to do with the right that step out of line. .

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Aries Zeigald
Banned

Today at 3:03 PM
User Banned (Duration Pending): Defending Bigoted Content and Trolling Over Multiple Posts
Cheebo said:
We have someone in this thread defending this content below. I hope we can accept this is proof we as a forum have an issue that needs to be addressed.

Interesting... have you watched all those videos (for the record, I haven't)? What are you doing watching those when your stance is "If you watch his videos you are endorsing his hateful idelogy."?
banned for throwing his own logic back at him

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
banned for throwing his own logic back at him
Wow they're really melting down over there.

ERA mods, we know you monitor this thread. You're joking, right? This is just to troll GAF or something?

In either case, premium entertainment over at ERA. I wonder how many people will join in the coming months just to stoke the fire.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Icemonk191

Today at 3:23 PM
Aries Zeigald said:
Hmmmm, I find Caroll Denvers very weakly acted and overall a boring character, the film does not have good setpieces or choreography, and it was carried mostly by Samuel Jackson.
You going to explain why you're perfectly fine with the "Captain Marvel is not for white men" video?
LOL wait a minute isn't that like word for word what Brie Larson said in that one rant? "these movies aren't made for you"?

hahaha these people are insane

ps. i apologize for posting an alt right rant

Last edited:

brap

Banned
LOL wait a minute isn't that like word for word what Brie Larson said in that one rant? "these movies aren't made for you"?

hahaha these people are insane

ps. i apologize for posting an alt right rant

She's right though. Marvel moobies aren't made for big dick masculine men like me. Maybe if I had a pube beard and was skinnyfat then maybe I'd like them.

JordanN

Banned
An SJW complains about being an SJW.

GPY66x4.png

Who even asked for this stuff? I hope we continue to ridicule people who think this is normal.

Last edited:

TheContact

Aside from the fact that simple power tools are cutting the wall, a lot of drugs are coming through legal ports of entry. Besides that, the walls don’t circle the earth so in the event people can’t go through the wall they will go around it, above it, or below it. I believe walls are effective ONLY when technology/manpower is assisting them.

JordanN

Banned
Damn, I missed it. Did anyone catch what video he posted that got him banned?

5dA3HUV.png

They got triggered so hard it became an instant perm.

Edit: According to this quoted post (before it gets edited) he linked to Blaire White and Sophia Narwitz?
FTVOUFl.png

I looked them up, apparently they're anti-feminists?

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Obvious joke post...

But so be it

Hey, be happy that your ban message let's you know it's a perma.

Mine doesn't!

See folks, they're getting better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom