• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nush

Gold Member
"falling for alt-right videos" What are they so afraid of? That they are going to watch a video critical of TLJ then become red-pilled? Are they that easily manipulated? Are they so afraid of losing forum members because youtube doesn't like captain marvel? Really?

"Well, OBVIOUSLY I'm smart enough to hear the dog whistle and see that there is subliminal Alt right messaging in these videos, but others are not as smart as me so I have to warn them otherwise children CHILDREN will be exposed to this toxicity and it will become normalized and the next thing you know we'll have the Trumpler Youth in need of YEARS of therapy to deprogram them. "

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Chris Jericho is now on the chopping block. I don’t like the Trumps at all but I can’t play these constant purity tests just because he had Don Jr on his show.
Jericho is non-partisan but he might as well be a nazi now.

benjipwns

Banned
"falling for alt-right videos" What are they so afraid of? That they are going to watch a video critical of TLJ then become red-pilled?
Of course not, that'd be silly.

Wd5djGm.png

brap

Banned
Chris Jericho is now on the chopping block. I don’t like the Trumps at all but I can’t play these constant purity tests just because he had Don Jr on his show.
Jericho is non-partisan but he might as well be a nazi now.
He's been a nazi for a while now

VebFiZR.jpg

drganon

Cheebs castigating his board for not banning fast enough. groupthink is insufficient!

how butthurt do you have to be to be confronted by another's opinions for a scary hour or so, quickly ban them, then go a weekend and then on into Tuesday and still have a hair across your ass that someone posted a negative review of Star Wars?

actually, the person most often posting that video was Cheebo himself LOL

way to platform a "Nazi", fuckhead
Man, that guy is such a Disney shill. He'd make some of the npcs in outerworlds blush with how much love he has for crappy products .

600Breezy

Cheebo is a bitch. There's no other way to describe him. He wouldn't last a second anywhere he couldn't spam the report button, he has 0 chance at any actual debate over fucking anything and I really hope some of his constant outrage is fake.

The only reason they act this way on RetardEra is because they can’t act this way anywhere else. You think he could actually say anything like that out loud? He’s probably such a coward in real life he’d murmur under his breath scared shitless he’s going to get stomped out if he so much looked up at a real man.

No one acts this way in real life. But RetardEra facilitates it, and therefore, has now become the defacto place for weaklings to #rise up.

Checkout any thread that simply asks “how are you doin Era.” 99% of the most vocal users are in there within 2 minutes saying they want to top themselves.

SugarNoodles, for example. Every SJW thread, he’s in there with the hot take. In another thread, he was talking about how he’s an office admin assistant working in public housing. How much do you think he earns? 25k a year? Of course they’re miserable, so this is how they act out.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What's a bigger sin, fucking up someone else's family by fucking their wife or being a republican/Trump supporter?

Rien

Jelly Belly
I got permad for pointing out that it's a biological impossibility for a man to give birth.

For real? That is amazing. So they say it is possible for a man to give birth?? Like how??

Or do they think that if your trans it means you stand above nature laws so men can give birth because a trans man is just as much man as is, you know, a man?

I respect trans people but that is ridiculous. And they want everyone to think like that?

Rien

Jelly Belly
4gqJGVf.png

9uxk6y8.png

My low effort troll "Confessions"are making it though the filter so easy. Cuck troll got them good. Hate fucking a Trump supporter not so much. "I regret voting Trump" would get them enjoying the smell of their own farts.

Basically..fucking a Nazi associate is okay now!!!!

Sleeping with the Enemy, we used to call it.

These loons...

Saruhashi

Banned
banned for throwing his own logic back at him

Yeah, I loved that little exchange.

Cheebo: "If you watch his videos you are endorsing his hateful idelogy."

Yet you can't know what that ideology is without watching the videos.

I suppose it's why they need to come up with bullshit like "dogwhistle" because most normal people will watch these videos and think "OK nothing extreme is really being said here". Ahhhh... but let the experts come in and tell you how you are wrong.

I love how they set themselves up as the authority on who is and is not "alt-right", "incel" or whatever else and then want you to just let them apply the label without challenge.

Oh, here's a cool video I found about why Skyrim is so popular.
"Woah now, did you know the guy who made that video made a sexist tweet 3 years ago and he said he watches Joe Rogan?"

Um, no.

Do these dopey cunts really think that we don't know the difference between a fucking neo-nazi, making neo-nazi talking points, and some guy who doesn't like new Star Wars, making points about why he doesn't like new Star Wars?

The way they go on about Youtube channels such as The Quartering you'd think that the guy is angrily and mindlessly ranting and really pushing some extreme ideological point of view. The truth is that he is a fairly "by the numbers" news channel that likes to have a laugh at the expense of movies and games etc that pander to much to the SJW crowd.

I don't know if it's just be cause they care WAY too much about modern pop culture and so they think that a guy criticizing Ghostbusters 2016 is on a par with a guy who uses his power and authority to actually abuse and hurt women. Like they literally care about these movie franchises so much that an attack on them is seen as being as bad as legitimate bigotry against actual people.

Oh no no it's the "alt-right playbook" or something.
You see it only STARTS with not liking The Last Jedi.
Before you know it you'll be invading Poland with the boys and trying to take over the world.

It's hilarious that THEY can watch all these YouTube videos "for research" but you really really REALLY must not because you'll "fall for it".

The obvious question is that if I am watching some Youtuber and he is talking about why he doesn't like a movie and all he is talking about is the movie then how the fuck am I supposed to know he is a secret racist? Like even if he makes a joke like calling a character "Mrs Gender Studies" because of her hair or fat body then does that really mean anything?

It feels like a good demonstration of how poor some people are at social interactions.

For a lot of these "forbidden" Youtubers I feel like you could easily go for a beer with them and have a good time slagging off shitty games and movies and you could have a good laugh. If they said something outright abhorrent you'd be saying "that's not cool" and you'd be less inclined to associate with them ever again. I feel like that would never happen though since a lot of these guys just don't come across as being hateful AT ALL. They just seem like normal dudes who do well on Youtube because people can relate to them and they have interesting things to say (sometimes).

On the flip side of the coin I don't think you could hang out with the likes of Cheebo or Messofanego without feeling like it's just hard work. I don't even think they'd be able to hang out with each other too well since it would feel like "drama" and screeching is just around the corner.

Of course, the most socially stunted people in the room want to tell you how they alone are the experts on who is and is not a good guy.

Again, the seem particularly pissed off with people who just want to enjoy, and have fun with, pop-culture. The choices are take it seriously and comment on how it changes the world OR have fun with it in very specific and safe PG ways OR you are alt-right.

I love my Switch, because I travel a lot for work. Hell of a lot easier to toss my Switch in the suitcase, and still enjoy decent-enough quality gaming.

These beta man-children I can do without.

pel1300

Cheebo is creepy. WTF is with all the Daisy Ridley avatars by men? So many Daisy avatars....are they all Cheebo on multiple accounts?

I wouldn't be surprised if Cheebo was hiding something.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
For real? That is amazing. So they say it is possible for a man to give birth?? Like how??

Or do they think that if your trans it means you stand above nature laws so men can give birth because a trans man is just as much man as is, you know, a man?

I respect trans people but that is ridiculous. And they want everyone to think like that?

The demand is that you must agree that gender (man/woman) has absolutely nothing to do with biological sex and genitalia (male/female). To state otherwise is to be transphobic, the logic goes.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Cheebo: "If you watch his videos you are endorsing his hateful idelogy."

Yet you can't know what that ideology is without watching the videos.
i believe they arrived at "all it takes is 30 seconds to look at the rest of the channel's videos and judge them based on the thumbnail & title". so basically judging a book by it's cover.

of course if you told them that an airport security guard only takes 30 seconds to look at random people and categorize them into "terrorist" or "non-terrorist" categories based on first sight alone, they would say "oh that's horrible profiling!" yet the same behavior is totally cool on an everyday basis.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
i believe they arrived at "all it takes is 30 seconds to look at the rest of the channel's videos and judge them based on the thumbnail & title". so basically judging a book by it's cover.

of course if you told them that an airport security guard only takes 30 seconds to look at random people and categorize them into "terrorist" or "non-terrorist" categories based on first sight alone, they would say "oh that's horrible profiling!" yet the same behavior is totally cool on an everyday basis.
It's not the consistency of logic that matters, it is the equality of outcome.

The ideology is built upon a foundational assumption of "ends justify the means". If such-and-such videos might be viewed and supported by alt-right people, the videos themselves are alt-right. If such-and-such videos push The Narrative using lies and half-truths, at least it started an important conversation.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
"Well, OBVIOUSLY I'm smart enough to hear the dog whistle and see that there is subliminal Alt right messaging in these videos, but others are not as smart as me so I have to warn them otherwise children CHILDREN will be exposed to this toxicity and it will become normalized and the next thing you know we'll have the Trumpler Youth in need of YEARS of therapy to deprogram them. "

"Dog whistle" is just newspeak to cover for their own projection of bigotry, racism, etc..

Funny how they are the only one's that hear it, eh?

TrainedRage

Banned
ResetEra has been giving out some good laughs lately.

From Contra to Lindsey, Obama and Jericho.

It's so funny how they plead to other users that "nobody is canceling anybody" when it's just so damn obvious how absoutly frightened they are of people with different opinions.

Truely they are the most easily triggered group of little fascists wannabes on the net.

The horseshoe has almost connected and it's Fucking funny!!!!

NickFire

ResetEra has been giving out some good laughs lately.

From Contra to Lindsey, Obama and Jericho.

It's so funny how they plead to other users that "nobody is canceling anybody" when it's just so damn obvious how absoutly frightened they are of people with different opinions.

Truely they are the most easily triggered group of little fascists wannabes on the net.

The horseshoe has almost connected and it's Fucking funny!!!!
Didn't they just have a thread suggesting no one should comment on certain topics unless they are part of the group being discussed???????? That to me, is cancelling in advance.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Didn't they just have a thread suggesting no one should comment on certain topics unless they are part of the group being discussed???????? That to me, is cancelling in advance.

We reached a new pinnacle of honkenomics. We all heard of preorders, but precancelling, whew lads!

Every fascist/authoritarian state is proud of their little larpers online.

Last edited:

theekad

Banned
Does that Cheebo character actually care about any SJW nonsense other than to defend the new trilogy? That guy/girl/whatever is seriously unhinged.

Imagine spending every waking second defending an objectively poorly made movie that exists solely to make billionaires more money. And I actually appreciated some of the stuff Rian tried (and failed) to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom