• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanN

Banned
This is not an edit, this is a real post from a moderator.

lyfSyNV.png

Remember, SJW's support diversity except for diversity of opinions. No Conservatives are allowed to breathe on Resetera.

cormack12

Gold Member
This is not an edit, this is a real post from a moderator.

Like I said on page 3:

However, special mentions for Nepenthe and Slayven who are openly, actual real racists. Most threads Nepenthe enters get locked after he's made a total tit of himself or raged out about white folk. Slayven manages to turn the tide of every contentious thread down to brown people getting picked on. And you know the funny thing? There are probably more poor working class white americans that - skin colour aside - have more claim to be treated like nigga's than these well to do iPhone wearing, social media 'creatives' and that must fucking kill them. They try to appropriate historic and current racial crimes against black people as though skin colour alone means they can identify with them. On the inside they're as white as bearded hipster #00183. They're basically Carlton. Imagining they're Philly Willy. And the only place they can do this is the internet.

I've just twigged as well thanks to above:

sSaEfFZ.png

This post does bring up a good point. It seems awfully paternalistic for a tiny minority of people evidenced by the poll to suggest to everyone else that they need to change how they speak because of an issue that is in all honesty, fairly trivial.

They are basically digital colonists. They move into communities then completely take them over with shrieking and screaming and impose sanctions on people with draconian laws and oppress the original community into submission and fear of punitive measures. bwahahahahahah, tits.

God Enel

Is RE a gaming forum or a t
Like I said on page 3:

They are basically digital colonists. They move into communities then completely take them over with shrieking and screaming and impose sanctions on people with draconian laws and oppress the original community into submission and fear of punitive measures. bwahahahahahah, tits.

TheContact

ResetERA.com has now officially become a dangerous place for trans posters:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/er...-higher-than-the-giftbot.150087/post-26211196

from the thread:
Disclaimer: cishet dude here.

I couldn't get through one word before I had to start googling what all these words mean. Entire classes in college/university are going to have to be created and you'll need an MBA in Gender Studies before you'll be able to recite them all by heart.

nush

Gold Member
I couldn't get through one word before I had to start googling what all these words mean. Entire classes in college/university are going to have to be created and you'll need an MBA in Gender Studies before you'll be able to recite them all by heart.

They do that on purpose so they can fluidly change the meaning to suit their position.

original.gif

Last edited:

bigedole

My thing with non-binary is; if transgender identity isn't based on a biological or medical distinction... what separates it from any other self professed identity? Be it a professional identity, hobbyist identity, fashion identity, political identity, etc. As far as I can tell within society the argument is (or has been) that certain identities -- ones based on biological, immutable characteristics -- are given special deference. Race, Sex and Sexual Orientation being a few big examples. Denigrating someone on the basis of their racial identity is considered wrong and you'll often hear "it's wrong to judge someone for something they cannot control" offered up as one of the reasons why. For some people this deference even extends to humor or the use of certain language. On the other hand denigrating fans of a particular sports team isn't a taboo at all. Same for any number of other non-biologically based identities. Nobody is gonna call you a bigot for not liking Lawyers or Goths.

So if non-binary identity requires no biological or medical component to be valid; what reason is there to give it the same social distinction as race,sex,etc? It seems to me like a way of self expression like countless other identities are, but non-binary is making the social demands that up until now only biological identities have made. If the argument is shifting from "it's wrong to judge someone for something they cannot control" to "it's wrong to judge someone for how they choose to express themselves" then how is that argument not valid for every single identity that exists? Is every identity under the sun supposed to be given the same social distinction as race? That doesn't seem tenable. It doesn't work as a social standard for bigotry.

Just wanted to quote this for visibility. Really well said.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Like I said on page 3:

oh yeah the LatinX thread is a great demonstration of it. quickly turned into a bunch of holier than thou 1st worlders condescendingly telling the Spanish speaking community they need to "evolve" to one day be on the woke level of white liberalism. like just using that language is telling.

thing is, their very ideology accepts the premise that they themselves are racist, which is a fact they could never admit. yet if you hold that you live in a system of White Supremacy and you are white, well, you are going to benefit from that and try and make sure everything is centered on your experience.

this is why it's so important to isolate and demonize others as racists, it helps excuse them from self reflection of their own very real biases.

JordanN

Banned
Resetter accidentally (or deliberately?) reveals the SJW agenda.

tu01Tvo.png

Imagine if a man were to say this. You would be called a sexist Nazi for saying Women have dramatically changed society. But a Resetter clearly spells it out for us. Japan is "evil" and only Feminism can change their sinister ways.

Edit: Yup, there's definitely an agenda being pushed.

q9Sbqbk.png

Western imperialism is ok when it's about attacking East Asian cultures!

Last edited:
NCDsbEt.png

The irony coming from this dweeb. The moment you criticize his precious new Star Wars trilogy he throws a tantrum.

Someone needs to grow up.
Speaking about Star Wars, he's not going to be happy when he finds out that The Rise of Skywalker toys are already on sale and clearance even though the movie hasn't even aired yet.

Katsura

Speaking about Star Wars, he's not going to be happy when he finds out that The Rise of Skywalker toys are already on sale and clearance even though the movie hasn't even aired yet.
At least Ethan Van Sciver will buy all the Rose Tico dolls so not all is lost for the SJW corporate puppets

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
It's getting really tempting to create another user there. An anti-truscum non-binary mtf trans is right now top troll potential. The faster this rolls over the edge and the crazier it becomes the better cause the backlash will come sooner.

Ive been thinking for quite some time how it would be hilarious to have a 'group user's account

Some one make one and a few of us share it, get the post count high as fuck and make the user all the extremes.
Trans, non-binary, minority, furry etc..

Make it reactionary as fuck.

We could cooperate via DM's here.

If a user fucks up and gets it banned he owes everyone a month fo GAF gold and has to set up the new fake account lol

nush

Gold Member
But then you‘d be just like the fuckwits from resetera who set up troll accounts here.

Ree troll accounts here;

BANNED

Reetards can't troll and they have just become a hilarious meme to us as it's never their brightest and best that try it.

BTW anyone seen those sleeper agents lately?

JordanN

Banned
TRIGGERED
p8LpsQ4.png

Holy shit, who gets this defensive over a video game character that's not even real?
More reasons identity politics suck ass.

Man: Lady, may I ask your height?
Woman: OMG, ALL MEN ARE NAZIS. Why must an independent woman like me give out her height information?
Man: Woah relax. I'm just your doctor.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Also want to point out it's extremely ironic when SJW's try to claim Japanese game characters as their own, even though the Japanese likely never had identity politics in their head.

For all we know, Nintendo could have designed tall women to be an oddity or because an artist literally has a fetish. But SJW's are too fucking stupid to see through this that they still use them in their progressive propaganda.

Last edited:

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
TRIGGERED
p8LpsQ4.png

Holy shit, who gets this defensive over a video game character that's not even real?
Rosalina is big for a humanoid the same way Mr. Salacia is in Metalocalypse.

hqdefault.jpg

You're first response upon seeing him should be asking why he is so big. Rosalina is an outlier, not because of her sex.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
TRIGGERED
p8LpsQ4.png

Man: Lady, may I ask your height?
Woman: OMG, ALL MEN ARE NAZIS. Why must an independent woman like me give out her height information?
Man: Woah relax. I'm just your doctor.
Can't have tall women I guess. Everyone has to conform to uniform looks.

Who knew Reeeeeeeeee with their diversity lovefest can't accept a female video game character that is tall.

benjipwns

Banned
Does anyone know who this Hobbes guy is. He's verified as "incident" manager. He is also really insufferable with his SJW takes and posts almost as bad as Cheebster.

I have been wondering who it is
It was originally a "freelance journalist" verification, but then it was discovered that he basically only ever did a few articles and hadn't published anything for a long time. It then got switched to "Incident Manager." I always took it as a joke the mods played on him, but it's hard to tell.
This is from his own Twitter account:
https://twitter.com/hobbesenero said:
Incident Manager, Moderator of the @PlayAvengers and Arcane animated series subreddits.

He used to "write" for MP1st.com and later revealed on his Twitter account that he had essentially been paying for the privilege by doing website maintenance work for the site's owner for free; in exchange he let Hobbes write articles for the game site. He wrote like three total reviews and a few copy/paste news articles.

He did however write the greatest review opener of all time and I'll have none of you attacking my man Hobbes for this:
https://mp1st.com/news/battlefield-5-review-band-of-brothers-and-sisters said:
Like the war the game is based on, Battlefield V was met with incredible backlash and skepticism when it was announced earlier this year. Unlike its predecessor that took the FPS genre and the series to a new and virtually unexplored era, Battlefield V was heading back home to its World War 2 roots, and the expectations on DICE were massive.

Last edited:

Jooxed

Gold Member
This is from his own Twitter account:

He used to "write" for MP1st.com and later revealed on his Twitter account that he had essentially been paying for the privilege by doing website maintenance work for the site's owner for free; in exchange he let Hobbes write articles for the game site. He wrote like three total reviews and a few copy/paste news articles.

He did however write the greatest review opener of all time and I'll have none of you attacking my man Hobbes for this:

His twitter is a gold mine.. thank you

JordanN

Banned
Holy shit, they never give up with pushing "diversity" everywhere.

vQuWpUR.png

What's ironic, is that the Mario series is created by the Japanese. Isn't that already "diverse" considering that White people are a minority in Japan?

But somehow that's not enough. Japan is still "evil" and "racist" because they don't include everyone.

Everything has to be diverse.

u1XQzVU.gif

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yeah include a Japanese person.

Though I bet that won't count for them. You had a poster on there asking for PoC in Persona 5 lol

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
he had essentially been paying for the privilege by doing website maintenance work for the site's owner for free; in exchange he let Hobbes write articles for the game site. He wrote like three total reviews and a few copy/paste news articles.

1. That's even more pathetic than I expected and I'd mentally set that bar for Hobbes low anyway.
2. Ree are so desperate to have any industry validation attached to them that this is enough to be "Verified".

benjipwns

Banned
The truscum confessor has apologized for their literal violence against the most oppressed ResetERA.com group.
I wrote the confession about my thoughts on the current non-binary discourse.

I know my confession got removed, and I agree with that decision. I would appreciate if you could post this response with some haste, it does not contain anything objectionable.

I wanted to say that I apologize for what I wrote. I was angry and frustrated and had a lot of pent-up emotion after some of the recent discourse. I shouldn't have written it and I agree that it should have been removed. When I read it again after it was posted, I felt ashamed at some of the things I said.

But the reason I had all that pent-up emotion that came tumbling out in the first place is because this forum won't let me have this discussion, or anything resembling it. Someone responded to my confession saying that I could just "talk through it with the reasonable people on this forum" but we both know that's not true. I'd just get banned.

I don't fully understand your position. I want to understand it. I know I have problems I've internalized and I need to talk through them. But I don't know who I can talk to.

I apologize for what I wrote, non-binary ERA. I'll go back into the shadows.

Therapy has been determined as necessary for the confessor:
If your attitude is literally "if I talk about it I will get banned" then you are either lying to yourself about how you actually feel about this and you clearly have stronger emotions than you're leading on, or you're not mature enough to talk about this without flying off the handlebars, or both considering you wrote to an anonymous confession thread ranting about the topic you are complaining that "you can't talk about".

Here is a hint, if you have fucked up internalized feelings regarding a topic that is inducing borderline rage/ranting posts about said topic, talk to a therapist and don't unload your baggage onto random people who fit the topic of your rant.
Ketkat said:
There's a difference between wanting to talk something through and sitting here and writing 12 paragraphs about how this is the truth that we need to accept. You also are kind of contradicting yourself throughout this apology. You say that you should not have said these things, but that we should also have fostered an area for you to say these things in a way that doesn't allow you to be banned.

I'm not trying to say that to be mean, but that I understand where you're coming from. You understand that what you said was hurtful but you still believe those thoughts that you have, and you're conflicted about it now. I do agree with a lot of what TLBB said above and that a therapist would be the best for helping you work through these thoughts, but I also know through experience that recommending a therapist to someone doesn't often really solve the issue as not everyone is willing to take that step.

If you want to have a genuine conversation about this, then please PM me. I have been incredibly active in the mental health and trans communities here and people often confide in me things that they're not comfortable saying out loud for all kinds of reasons. I have no reason to share these with anyone and I never intend to. I'll treat our conversation the same way, and it will stay between me and you. If you're not comfortable doing that, then I understand, but the offer's open whenever you want it.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
The moderators there are so angry and nanny-like with their threadmarks. Threadmarks should be used for informational purposes, to improve discussion, not remind users that you're a "powerful" ban-happy mod. Besides, it makes them look so small and they don't even realize it.

I've also noticed that although the off topic forum is active throughout the night, little is actually said within the threads themselves. Usually 90% one sentence responses, that mod Slayven attempting to connect everything to race, and once someone does finally offer up a post worthy of stirring up deeper discussion they get banned for a silly, oversensitive reason.

Tesseract

Banned
The moderators there are so angry and nanny-like with their threadmarks. Threadmarks should be used for informational purposes, to improve discussion, not remind users that you're a "powerful" ban-happy mod. Besides, it makes them look so small and they don't even realize it.

I've also noticed that although the off topic forum is active throughout the night, little is actually said within the threads themselves. Usually 90% one sentence responses, that mod Slayven attempting to connect everything to race, and once someone does finally offer up a post worthy of stirring up deeper discussion they get banned for a silly, oversensitive reason.

did you rike it

ManaByte

Gold Member
Holy shit, they never give up with pushing "diversity" everywhere.

vQuWpUR.png

What's ironic, is that the Mario series is created by the Japanese. Isn't that already "diverse" considering that White people are a minority in Japan?

But somehow that's not enough. Japan is still "evil" and "racist" because they don't include everyone.

Everything has to be diverse.

u1XQzVU.gif

The 166 who voted no are about to be banned.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
"Hey, should Nintendo be forced to compromise their own creativity and vision to create token characters that satisfy the selfishness and insecurities of a minority of Americans?".

600Breezy

You’re not prepared for this boyos

Reasoning from our resident tranny Apollo and I quote: “I’m a girl who has a penis, and don’t ever plan to get rid of it. I certainly wouldn’t consider it male genitalia because I’m not a male.”

😱

theekad

Banned

Reasoning from our resident tranny Apollo and I quote: “I’m a girl who has a penis, and don’t ever plan to get rid of it. I certainly wouldn’t consider it male genitalia because I’m not a male.”

😱

I admit I just laughed out loud at this. That’s gonna be a great thread.

ManaByte

Gold Member

😱

Canada is about to get cancelled.

nush

Gold Member
Well when I saw it was MilesQ who made the topic I knew it was a "bad faith" ban honeypot topic. He got some kills with that one. Thread got locked quick when the trans woman in the story was outed as a pedo as well as a grifter.

Calcium

Banned

😱

Ah, Resetera. The endless fucking joke these people are. I just love how they fully admit that Yaniv is a sexual predator, racist and pedophile but you have to respect his pronouns and identity. Anyone with half a brain can see that Yaniv isn't actually a trans person, he is a fucking predator looking to exert power over other people to fulfill a hole in his miserable existence. I feel for actual transgender people that aren't obnoxious about their identity because shit like this just sets them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom