• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD |OT| I'm Rebecca! Let's do our best!

Yea, that's the factory from RE2, it's location makes absolutely no sense though, according to Newsbot it's a non-cannon easter egg. Btw, incase you haven't killed the Tyrant, it's invincible when you stun it. Wait for it to start moving again before unloading into it.

Thanks for the tip, I killed him. Not a terrible boss fight honestly. Not exceptional but better than the prior three and wouldn't feel out of place in other classic RE games.

Yeah I was on board with the factory at first cuz I was like "well, I guess the rail car could have covered a really long distance...". And then when I beat it stepped out of the elevator into the training facility. Nope. Makes no sense lol.

Rean

Anyone want one of the T-shirt codes for RE:0 HD? I have a Steam, XB1, and 360 code up for grabs. PM me for which one you want.

And here's the startup screen for the Origins collection, if anyone would like a nice 1080p wallpaper:

residenteviloriginscouzsnz.png

Those train seats are massive.

Lol what the hell? How does something like that get through production and marketing.

Ooccoo

I love RE, but 0 just sucks. I'm at the part where you fight the leech monster EVERYWHERE. It's really stupid as it takes like 3 flame grenades to kill him each time. Tried dodging him to no success. Really this RE is in the shit tier of the series.

Mr_Zombie

I've finished the church section yesterday. One thing that really annoys me about this game is how a lot of co-op puzzles feel really forced. Take the church section for example: why couldn't both characters go to the top floor? Why can't the character on the second floor drop items via the large hole in the floor instead of sending each item, one by one, through the item elevator?

Also, I think RE0 has the most annoying common enemies in the whole series. Apes jump around you like crazy and if there are more than two in a room, you can be easily fucked. Leech zombies don't have any stun animation so no matter what you throw at them (shotgun, grenade launcher, Molotov cocktails) they keep attacking you until one of you die.

A protip to anyone who is still playing the game: when you're about to move from the Training Facility to the Church area, before you place the final table move all your items to the observatory room. That way, when you will want to bring back your items to the Church, you won't have to deal with the newly spawned army of apes and zombies in the Training Facility.

The game on hard mode after Train stage is ridiculously hard. I keep ending up spending half of my supplies on leechman.

You can skip most leechmen fights by simply running away. Remember that their transformation animation restarts each time you manage to exit the room before it ends.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
I love RE, but 0 just sucks. I'm at the part where you fight the leech monster EVERYWHERE. It's really stupid as it takes like 3 flame grenades to kill him each time. Tried dodging him to no success. Really this RE is in the shit tier of the series.

Don't fight em if possible. Most of the time you can run past them as they are transforming. If you must confront one bait it to using its stretch arm attack and move to the side. If you need to get both Rebecca and billy to a certain place do it one at a time.

Afro

I was having a hard time with the
first Marcus Queen
boss battle only because they actually force both Billy and Rebecca to be in the room for the entire duration of it. The A.I. just could not keep up with me and would continuously get wrecked. I even tried moving both characters manually w/ each stick, but that obviously ended horribly b/c of the rapid camera angle switching and agility of the boss.

After dying 4-5 times I found that the dumbest strategy was the most effective.
I entered the room and literally just stood there unloading grenades and magnum rounds into it, thus stunning it in place enough until it croaked.
Don't even think I got hit once. Really?

I still enjoyed the game though. Both the train and mansion were gorgeous and memorable.

Haunted

The top of the train still remains one of the most dynamic and best looking pre-rendered shots in all of Resident Evil.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The entire train is the #1 coziest setting in the history of video games.
Except for, you know, the zombies.

Neiteio

The entire train is the #1 coziest setting in the history of video games.
I agree — zombies, leeches, and giant scorpion aside (obviously)!

Makes me wish there was a pre-war luxury train in the area where I live. Don't need to take it anywhere; I'd just sit in the cozy warmly lit cars riding through the night, chatting on GAF!

Any tips on dealing with those damn
monkeys?

I just encountered them for the first time. Shotgun hardly does anything, they're fast and gang up on you like crazy. So cheap.

Rean

monkeys?

I just encountered them for the first time. Shotgun hardly does anything, they're fast and gang up on you like crazy. So cheap.
The grenade laucher works well. Also, I suggest not having to deal with them unless they appear in a place that absolutely requires you having to deal with them.

braves01

Banned
monkeys?

Just avoid them and run. I think there's only one spot where it's actually worthwhile to kill them.

Mr_Zombie

That moment when your CGI character looks way worse than the in-game one:

(REmake HD Rebecca, before the facelift. New lighting and some texture improvements aside, it's the same model they used in the original version.)

Some of the Zero's CGIs are really ugly, with characters' models so simple they wouldn't look out of place in a middle-90s video game's CGI. And yet the game keeps using them even for relatively simple scenes like the one with Rebecca meeting Enrico (something that could be easily done with in-game graphics and would even benefit from looking much better) or a few second long cut-scene with Rebecca gasping "I thought they were dead."

EDIT:
Why has no one told me that there's a mod that replaces miss Perfect Rebecca with the Remake one? They really went overboard with making her pretty in RE0 HD, to the point she looks fake. Her big, shiny eyes make her look like a porcelain doll instead of a real person.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Started playing this today after beating REmaster, got past the first boss and I think I'm almost done with the train. I dunno, after playing REmaster for the past few weeks this game feels pretty weak so far. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm glad I've got a new HD RE to play, and I'm enjoying myself, but yeah it's missing REmake's charm. I'm only an hour or two in and I can already tell the item system is going to be a major pain the butt.

The graphics are gorgeous though. If they did a re-REmaster with this level of background detail I'll buy it at a high price.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, is there any reason why there is no RE.Net integration for RE0?

Probably because REbirth's was absolutely pointless.
Just like Bio6, Bio: Rev 1/2's!

They should just drop Biohazard.net, I dunno anyone that actually goes there to check things out beyond "what in-game stuff have they put behind this bullshit?"

You made me google to see if that achievement existed (I haven't looked at the achievements since before release), and I stumbled upon this little video as a result.

This achievement is hard bro. Takes around 40 swipes to take it out on normal. I kept running out of healing items by the time it has one arm left with no head. Probably need 20 swipes from there. But yo Good luck if you are going for that achievement. I recommend easy mode. Also when you are knifing it the leeches falls off from its body to attack you so you get stunlocked sometimes and take double damage.

Is there a more annoying enemy in the whole Resisent Evil series than the
infected monkies
? Enjoying this game a lot more than I remember doing first time round but seriously, that enemy is almost a game breaker for me. Real put your foot through your television stuff.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is there a more annoying enemy in the whole Resisent Evil series than the
infected monkies
? Enjoying this game a lot more than I remember doing first time round but seriously, that enemy is almost a game breaker for me. Real put your foot through your television stuff.

The Exterminators remain my least favorite enemy in the whole franchise, but thankfully they're few and all sort of concentrated mostly in rooms where you can easily run by them with one exception.

DedValve

Banned
Played on hard mode.

Just got to the monkeys (exterminators?). FML.

Seriously FML. They KO billy in 2 combos. Went into the wrong room and died. I completely forgot where they where so hopefully I can avoid them for the most part but damn. Wesker should have just released a vat of those in the mansion. Stars would be DEAD.

Considering how much they messed up Jill's face in Rev1, Claire's face in Revelations 2 and now Rebecca's face in Zero HD (porcelain doll) I am a bit worried about how they'll mess up character faces in REmake 2 now as well... :/

The Exterminators remain my least favorite enemy in the whole franchise, but thankfully they're few and all sort of concentrated mostly in rooms where you can easily run by them with one exception.

They're BS and don't belong in a RE game that has no dodging or any form of defensive move. I'm going to have to restart my game by the looks of it as they are blocking a room with first aid sprays in and kill me before I can even raise my gun to get a round off.

Kammie

About eight hours into it now. The inventory management system is as bad as the internet made it out to be. There's even a limit to the amount of stuff I can drop in a room, so I have to leave stuff in separate rooms!

Seriously, it's madness. I must have spent an hour and a half of my total playtime doing inventory-related stuff.

Bergerac

Yo knife a leach man trophy is the hardest trophy in this game.
Even hard mode was a joke compared to it.

Do it on Easy mode. Wait until you get to the Facility, I recommend killing the guy in the hallway leading to the Microfilm projector room. Just take Billy. I saved myself the headache and did it this way. He hit me 12 times throughout and I was barely on Yellow Caution.

I just used it in the
laboratory just got split up from Billy, I believe with the train, the church and twice in here thats 4 times, so can I safely ditch it?

Once you've used it to get into the Cable Car power room, yes, you're done.

kunonabi

Well, looks like REOHD was a waste of money for me. Capcom once again won't let me put the run button on Square where it's supposed to be.

Considering how much they messed up Jill's face in Rev1, Claire's face in Revelations 2 and now Rebecca's face in Zero HD (porcelain doll) I am a bit worried about how they'll mess up character faces in REmake 2 now as well... :/

How is that possible? RE2 characters didn't even have faces. But I suspect it will be a modified Claire from REV2 so they can reuse assets and they might even try to modify Leon from RE6 as well.

Nerrel

I just got to the
elevator to the RE2 lab
, and as great as it is to see these environments pristinely rendered in HD I'm left feeling like it's not quite RE2's style. REmake was a game about a secluded mansion in a forest, so the darker, more subdued visuals matched it well. RE2 had a more industrial/urban setting, where brighter lighting and deeper colors could suit it well. I can't help but feel it's a little too desaturated and dark for its own good here.

This is one area where I hope Capcom firmly uses the original RE2 as a template instead of REmake. Something tells me they might recycle these assets for the remake.... they certainly look good enough on a technical level to do it, but this isn't quite how I want REmake 2 to look.

Melchiah

Did I fuck up by going to the 2nd floor of the church with Rebecca, or am I just missing something? Billy can't open the vial, and Rebecca can't return to the 1st floor, and go to the Training Facility to mix the ingredients.

Mr_Zombie

Did I fuck up by going to the 2nd floor of the church with Rebecca, or am I just missing something? Billy can't open the vial, and Rebecca can't return to the 1st floor, and go to the Training Facility to mix the ingredients.

IIRC, you can find both ingredients required to open the leech capsule on the 2nd floor.

Red chem found in the room with the small gas chamber, green in the room next to it with the service lift.

What really sucks is if you didn't get the green chem and left Rebecca downstairs, would have needed go back to the training facility for that.

Melchiah

Red chem found in the room with the small gas chamber, green in the room next to it with the service lift.

What really sucks is if you didn't get the green chem and left Rebecca downstairs, would have needed go back to the training facility for that.
IIRC, you can find both ingredients required to open the leech capsule on the 2nd floor.

Thanks. =) I already have the green chem from the Training Facility. I was ready to give up on the game, if I'd had to revert back to an older save.

Omg so I'm loving the treatment plant...up until I get fucking swallowed by a frog and now I have to redo a boss fight. What the hell. How do I avoid that? I was running full speed!

Omg so I'm loving the treatment plant...up until I get fucking swallowed by a frog and now I have to redo a boss fight. What the hell. How do I avoid that? I was running full speed!

The frogs are pretty random, just press all buttons like a mad men to get out from the attack by the frog.

Top Bottom