• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remastered announced (2016; PC,PS4,XB1,PS3,360)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

Origins Collection will be offered as a 'soft' bundle on Steam starting Jan. 19th. Purchasing the OC package will simply add RE1HD and RE0HD as separate apps on your library list; in other words, there isn't a separate entry for Origins Collection within the Steam library list.

With that said, you technically can pre-purchase OC by getting RE1HD today (and start playing it right away) and pre-purchase RE0HD separately ;)

We will also pre-load RE0 closer to the release date.

-wbacon
Whoa, where did you get this info from?=O

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
she's apparently appearing in the third and upcoming Resident Evil CG film.
What!?

Finally. She hasn't been seen forever. I think she's the only character not exclusive to one game to not reappear in any other games.

Arizato

It seems more likely now due to how much attention she's getting in this, and that she's apparently appearing in the third and upcoming Resident Evil CG film.

Really hoping both of these are true. It's a shame Rebecca has been in the background for so long. I really like her.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What!?

Finally. She hasn't been seen forever. I think she's the only character not exclusive to one game to not reappear in any other games.

Really hoping both of these are true. It's a shame Rebecca has been in the background for so long. I really like her.

Her being in the third CG Resident Evil film is confirmed:

http://www.marza.com/news/article/35

Japanese article from the animation studio making the third CG Resident Evil film in cooperation with Capcom. In the article, they mention that the film stars Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and Rebecca Chambers.

They should have released this years ago for the PS360 so they could have gotten the HD out of the way and had the first remaster of an up-port of a remake of an original.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
What!?

Japanese article from the animation studio making the third CG Resident Evil film in cooperation with Capcom. In the article, they mention that the film stars Leon Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and Rebecca Chambers.

She's also one of the main characters in the recent stageplay, which is canon and takes place sometime between RE5 and 6.

Unai

Origins Collection will be offered as a 'soft' bundle on Steam starting Jan. 19th. Purchasing the OC package will simply add RE1HD and RE0HD as separate apps on your library list; in other words, there isn't a separate entry for Origins Collection within the Steam library list.

With that said, you technically can pre-purchase OC by getting RE1HD today (and start playing it right away) and pre-purchase RE0HD separately ;)

We will also pre-load RE0 closer to the release date.

-wbacon

I just have to say that the work Capcom is doing on PC is amazing.

Replicant

That Billy costume is delicious. Capcom is getting better at fan servicing their male characters. Whoever came up with the idea deserves a raise!!

MOAR!

Jawmuncher

I still haven't gotten RE1 because I can't decide between PS4 and PC. How is the modding going for 1?

There's some cool stuff, obviously more so than PS4. If you can play it on PC, it's not even a question of which to get. Unless you really need the trophies.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Guess I'll double dip on PC and PS4. Just as a small thanks to Capcom for doing the RE2 Remake.

That said, I still think that Zero is the weakest of the old RE. Still, I haven't played it in years so I'm really looking forward to it.

Thinking about using the release to do a long overdue complete re-run of the series. Hm..

Arizato

She's also one of the main characters in the recent stageplay, which is canon and takes place sometime between RE5 and 6.

Damn. Just shows how out of touch I've been! Still, more games with Rebecca would be awesome!

Arttemis

RE1, 2, and 0 all had unique protagonists. I wish they had continued with setting-centric plots instead of character-driven narratives reusing the same characters again and again. The focus should be on the horrifying gameplay set within the disaster at each game's location, with the characters driven by their own, unique goals for still being there.

Regardless of how the camera is controlled, I wish the RE series could get back to that, instead of whatever the plots have been since Code Veronica.

RE1, 2, and 0 all had unique protagonists. I wish they had continued with setting-centric plots instead of character-driven narratives reusing the same characters again and again. The focus should be on the horrifying gameplay set within the disaster at each game's location, with the characters driven by their own, unique goals for still being there.

Regardless of how the camera is controlled, I wish the RE series could get back to that, instead of whatever the plots have been since Code Veronica.

Wow, this was actually really spot-on about what I feel. The series has just become an absolete show about Chris, Jill, Leon, Ada and Wesker.

Parsnip

Pre-ordered on Steam.
In my mind this and Dragon's Dogma on Steam has sort of redeemed Capcom after the sad state they left RE5 after Steamworks conversion.

Rebecca has 12 new costumes, which brings the total to 15.

Billy has 2 new ones, bringing his total up to... 4.

According to keikaku.

Shauni

Rebecca wasn't unique, she was in the first game. I mean, yeah, you didn't play as her, but she wasn't a character made specifically for Zero.

Gnilres

Have the original REmake for Gamecube but can't play with the controls. I know the HD REmake on PC had an option for new controls. Does the PS4 version have this option as well?

Semajer

Rebecca wasn't unique, she was in the first game. I mean, yeah, you didn't play as her, but she wasn't a character made specifically for Zero.

You did play as her in specific circumstances in RE1. I think that's why she gets an alt. costume and Barry doesn't.

AdaWong

The nurse/prisoner costumes look so weird in-game, they look like they're not affected by effects (such as lighting).

scitek

They're not. Well one of them is a remastered version of a remake. You see, RE HD or "REmaster" (PS3/4, XBONE/360, PC) is a remastered version of RE or "REmake" (GC, Wii) which, in turn, is a remake of RE1 (PSX, PC, SS, DS).

RE0 HD or "RE0master" (PS3/4, XBONE/360, PC) is a remastered version of RE0 (GC, Wii).

No one says this, and if they do, they should stop.

I'll pre-order this, just deciding where. Leaning towards PC/Steam for this one. As noted at various times in the past, I've always liked RE Zero from back on GC. Both Billy and Rebecca are agreeable leads in this one. And I'm digging the effort put into all of extra costumes for Rebecca. Billy I would usually just leave chilling in his alternative suit. Edit: Like you see in my temporary avatar change, old unused avatar made from GC snapshot.

Kinsei

Banned

So do I. To this day I wish RE5 was about Josh and Sheva instead of Chris and Jill.

Shauni

You did play as her in specific circumstances in RE1. I think that's why she gets an alt. costume and Barry doesn't.

Oh that is right, I had forgotten.

Have the original REmake for Gamecube but can't play with the controls. I know the HD REmake on PC had an option for new controls. Does the PS4 version have this option as well?

The non-tank controls? Yes, it does, it was built into every version of the game. It's quite hard to control, though, because the camera angle switching is clearly made with tank controls in mind. A good "pro-tip" about tank controls is to always, always use the d-pad and not the analog stick. It may still not suit you very well, but I would recommend at least trying it that way, it really makes the whole difference.

Gren

Oh that is right, I had forgotten.

The non-tank controls? Yes, it does, it was built into every version of the game. It's quite hard to control, though, because the camera angle switching is clearly made with tank controls in mind. A good "pro-tip" about tank controls is to always, always use the d-pad and not the analog stick. It may still not suit you very well, but I would recommend at least trying it that way, it really makes the whole difference.
How so? Ever since Director's Cut I always thought analog was better for tank controls; it allowed me to move in ways that were more subtle & gradual (i.e. like weaving side-to-side).

Shauni

How so? Ever since Director's Cut I always thought analog was better for tank controls; it allowed me to move in ways that were more subtle & gradual (i.e. like weaving side-to-side).

I'm the opposite. I've always found analog stick for tank controls clunky and frustrating. Once I started using tank with d-pad, movement was perfect.

Gren

I'm the opposite. I've always found analog stick for tank controls clunky and frustrating. Once I started using tank with d-pad, movement was perfect.

Ah, ok. Thought I was missing out on something with the d-pad all this time.

Upon thinking about it, I agree that using the pad much is easier when having to do anything very precise, like lining up to push/activate something. My preference for analog had more to do with dodging zombies & rounding corners while running.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is there a list of all costumes for Rebecca and Billy?

Mr_Zombie

Is there a list of all costumes for Rebecca and Billy?

Billy:
- default (original game)
- mafia outfit (original game)
- Cody
- Wolf Force

Rebecca:
- default (original game)
- leather (original game)
- cowgirl (original game)
- Wesker's henchman (Wesker's Mode, dunno if you can use it in normal game)
- nurse
- basketball outfit
- RE1 Director's Cut
- cheerleader
+ a shitton of T-shirts, 3 from the contest and a couple (I think 3 or 4 were already confirmed) with partnered shops (?) logos.

D85RWmO.jpg

I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap I will not fap .................................................................

Blueblur1

So we will be able to get every costume regardless where you get the game from? I've jumped back into this thread a few times and I keep seeing so many costumes but the pre-release material I've seen directly on their site only shows a couple.

Arttemis

Rebecca was in RE1, but she was not one of the protagonists. Furthermore, RE0 can stand independently from the other games without relying on character driven narratives, so it fits right in with what I was saying. RE games need to drop their tired, overwrought canon with its melodrama and soap opera character arcs that we get every time we see Chris and Jill for the Nth time, and go back to focusing on the horror and tension provided by the setting and situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom