• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD Remastered announced (2016; PC,PS4,XB1,PS3,360)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUXURY

Yeah next one is up, here they are:

rebecca_r_a.png
VS.
bg_count_2i_a_XB69Bok7.png

rebecca_r_b2.png
VS.
bg_count_2i_b_u3FyvHXR.png

The developer diary video I got a link to on my email shows the difference between the old and the new Rebecca model:

eeek. they both look extremely weird.

for the shirt, the white shirt def. still wins.

edit: okay, it didn't quote the model photos which is what my comment is to. the ones in the photo above look great. the one in game, not so much.

miku

Thanks for the contest link! Glad I was able to get in on the voting. Definitely voted for the white shirt, although I think the pink heart one looked cute on her.

I'm planning a massive playthrough of the RE series. what is the best way to play them? Chronological order or release date order? I also will be playing through the chronicles games and the code x veronica game. I could probably look it up on google, but why not on GAF right? :p

Always release date order IMO

Neff

I'm planning a massive playthrough of the RE series. what is the best way to play them? Chronological order or release date order? I also will be playing through the chronicles games and the code x veronica game. I could probably look it up on google, but why not on GAF right? :p

REmake, RE0 and the Revelations games are the only titles in the series with a mismatched release/chronological order (and RE3 sort of cheats by bookending 2), so you might as well go with release order.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Didn't wanna make a new topic for this so posting it here, capcom is gauging interest for a Resident Evil 2 remake on their official facebook page, so .. i guess this is something they're starting to seriously consider as well.

https://www.facebook.com/residentevil?fref=nf

Hello Resident Evil fans!

This is Capcom R&D Division 1!

First off, we would like to express our deepest appreciation to all Resident Evil fans, for your passion, enthusiasm and continued support for the Resident Evil brand.

Enthusiasm for a Resident Evil 2 Remake is something we've been hearing from you over the years, and has drawn some recent attention in the media.

However, as the team owns the RE brand, we're not certain how we feel about this approach, and would like to ask your honest and frank opinion about the “Resident Evil 2 Remake” and what the brand identity is supposed to be about?

follow up:

Hi Resident Evil fans!

This is H from Capcom R&D Division 1!

Wow...!!

I was told by my boss to check out the post by "R&D Division 1" on the Resident Evil Facebook page, and THIS IS AMAZING....

Thank you so much for your passion and continued support for Resident Evil brand!
He was also telling me...“can YOU make a worth seeing game to answer these fans full of passion???"

This order actually makes me SUPER excited...!!!

Alright, so just to be sure, the remaster for the orginal game is NOT available at retail for PS4? In other words, I can only buy it on PSN, correct?

Mr_Zombie

And Rebecca gets another two new costumes:
- red S.T.A.R.S. outfit (RE1: Director's Cut)

- green basketball outfit (from the hidden photo in Wesker's desk in RE2):

https://www.facebook.com/bio.capcom/?fref=photo
http://www.biohazardfrance.net/inde...mes-reveles-pour-resident-evil-0-hd&id=101129

So Rebecca gets 5 new outfits total: the T-shirt from the contest, Wesker's assistant, nurse, red S.T.A.R.S. and the basketball one.
Billy, on the other hand, for all we know only gets one new outfit (Cody's prison uniform). That's unfair :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
- red STARS outfit (RE1: Director's Cut)

They're really throwing in almost every outfit she's almost ever had in this. Despite Rebecca only appearing canonically in the the original and Zero (and I guess the upcoming CG film as well I suppose), they're really trying to throw-down for her being a competitor of most alternate costumes in the series history it seems.

I don't mind, but I think she has something like 9-10 costumes in Zero Remaster HD now.

Also secretly holding hope the reason they haven't announced pre-order incentives for Zero despite Origins now being announced is maybe because the original N64 may be it? I can dream...

Golnei

Billy, on the other hand, for all we know only gets one new outfit (Cody's prison uniform). That's unfair :(

There's not as much material to work with for him - a reasonable amount of Rebecca's costumes reuse assets; and even the RE2 costume could hypothetically see some use in the remake. And seeing as they probably don't have the time to produce 5 new costumes for both of them, giving Rebecca more attention is a natural choice.

Dusk Golem

A standard costume, two original bonus costumes, and 5 new costumes - that's 8 total.

I think the only character who had more costumes in one game was Jill in RE3.

In my head, I know...
-Default Costume
-Cowgirl Costume (original Zero)
-Fancy Leather Costume (original Zero)
-Brainwashed 'Wesker Assistant' Costume (new)
-Nurse Costume (Pre-Order Incentive, originally from Mercenaries 3D)
-Basketball costume (RE2 reference, new)
-Director's Cut Costume (RE1:DC reference, new)
-DLC T-Shirt 1
-DLC T-Shirt 2

So I guess it's nine right now.

Dusk Golem

There's not as much material to work with for him - a reasonable amount of Rebecca's costumes reuse assets; and even the RE2 costume could hypothetically see some use in the remake. And seeing as they probably don't have the time to produce 5 new costumes for both of them, giving Rebecca more attention is a natural choice.

Actually, making the basketball outfit for use also in REmake 2 is an interesting point and something I could see them doing. I hadn't thought about it.

Though I do hope Billy gets at least one or two more costumes than we know of. The Street Fighter Prison Pajamas are funny, and I like his mafia costume, but a few other choices would be nice.

Mr_Zombie

-DLC T-Shirt 1
-DLC T-Shirt 2

There are two DLC T-shirts? Nice. I thought they would put only one in the game.

I don't care. :mad:
Billy already got robbed in the original game (only one bonus costume vs two for Rebecca). I want some fancy
sexy
costumes for him too. At least it would make replaying the game entertaining.

Dusk Golem

ACTUALLY, WE'RE BOTH WRONG. There's 3 DLC T-Shirts that got through.

110c6f259b8e14bf875a656d00f7f8c0.png

So she has 10 costumes currently. XD;

Dusk Golem

I really like the red STARS costume. Hopefully they have her planned for Revelations 3.

It seems more likely now due to how much attention she's getting in this, and that she's apparently appearing in the third and upcoming Resident Evil CG film.

- red S.T.A.R.S. outfit (RE1: Director's Cut)

https://www.facebook.com/bio.capcom/?fref=photo
http://www.biohazardfrance.net/inde...mes-reveles-pour-resident-evil-0-hd&id=101129

So Rebecca gets 5 new outfits total: the T-shirt from the contest, Wesker's assistant, nurse, red S.T.A.R.S. and the basketball one.
The red one looks like a KoF character.

Semajer

Those new costumes are fantastic. The RE2 photo one makes up for a similar t-shirt not being put in the vote. I still want Billy to get more though. It's a crime that he didn't get a bandito costume to match Rebecca's cowgirl costume.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
They're really throwing in almost every outfit she's almost ever had in this. Despite Rebecca only appearing canonically in the the original and Zero (and I guess the upcoming CG film as well I suppose), they're really trying to throw-down for her being a competitor of most alternate costumes in the series history it seems.

She also appears in the new stageplay!
R4Ml4.gif

ACTUALLY, WE'RE BOTH WRONG. There's 3 DLC T-Shirts that got through.

110c6f259b8e14bf875a656d00f7f8c0.png

So she has 10 costumes currently. XD;

Also, make that 13:

T-Shirts from partner stores!

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So happy I've waited for the physical collection instead of grabbing Remake digital on ps4 or importing the PS3 JPN release... I was this close to press the buy button bunch of times on playasia, pheew

Dusk Golem

Actually pretty interesting, and a few small subtle details (like the footstep volume) I subconsciously noticed and liked but never put much thought into it.

Also, as everyone expected, the video-file backgrounds are what took the most time for the Remaster. Though I actually did not know they went the REmaster HD route and changed some of the previous pre-rendered stuff into full 3D to make some rooms easier to re-design. One area they remodelled in full 3D is the train crash room, for example. And apparently the rain on the train is no longer a video file but 3D effects.

Interesting fact, for Wesker Mode, the laser vision thing he has is apparently inspired by one of the Resident Evil novels, they were looking through the novels of Resident Evil and something from that inspired the move.

The stories section at the end where they tell different development stories and fun facts is full of interesting little tidbits.

Dusk Golem

Are all of those costumes going to be on the disc? Or will they be released as dlc?

The T-Shirts are DLC, and the Nurse+Street Fight Prison costumes are pre-order stuff for the physical Origins edition (no news on the regular release of Zero HD), but the rest I believe are in the game itself (Cowgirl+Leather+Director's Cut+Basketball+Wesker Assistant costumes, and Billy's Mafia outfit by its lonesome).

RootCause

The T-Shirts are DLC, and the Nurse+Street Fight Prison costumes are pre-order stuff for the physical Origins edition (no news on the regular release of Zero HD), but the rest I believe are in the game itself (Cowgirl+Leather+Director's Cut+Basketball+Wesker Assistant costumes, and Billy's Mafia outfit by its lonesome).
Cool, thanks. Already got mine reserved, but had no idea about it having preorder content.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Cool, thanks. Already got mine reserved, but had no idea about it having preorder content.

Where did you order yours? I enjoyed 0 when it came out on GC. I've been wanting to go back, but I sold all my GC's. I was going digital. I wish we'd get some individual releases and some nice box arts. I noticed Amazon has the bundle with the Remake and Zero.

I see it's the same version. I wish Sony would get the preorder up and running, so we can see if we get that theme early or not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom