• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 3 images leaked on PSN

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Cool, finished the original this year anticipating that this would happen.

I was gonna post "hopefully this thread won't devolve into people complaining that they can no longer jack off to this inferior rendition of a fictional character" but oh boy it is too late

MrRogers

Re2make character designs grew on me. Claire actually has a really feminine face. Ill wait till we get video, but jills design in this leak is more masculine, squared than id prefer. Round off the edges slightly and it might work.

As far costumes, the PC will be the must have version as usual for the mods that will be pouring out with jill in the classic tub top.

xrnzaaas

Dino Crisis. Please make it happen. On the RE engine. Please. Come on.
I assume this could be their next remake after RE3. Later mainline RE games still look fresh and don't need remakes and they have a great engine. Sure, modelling and animating dinos will be more time consuming than with zombies, but there's definitely a market for a Dino Crisis remake.

Reactions: Isa
Jill looks like a legit meth head now.
yuck

maybe she'll scare nemesis more nemesis will scare her.

At least she doesn't have Claire's butterface ;)

Real talk tho, that's a good image. Kinda hope there's an option to enable the original VA audio track for nostalgia purposes. Some of those lines, you can't recreate them and hit the ironically cheesy mark of yesteryear.

Aranea

I think we will be able to unlock the classic costumes for Jill and Carlos once we complete the campaign (just like on RE 2 remake). That said i wish they had cast Julia Voth as the face model for Jill. I hope this game is as good as RE 2 remake but apparently is being outsourced. Well see.

Reactions: Isa
icon0.png

Aa rumored this is due out next year.

Source: http://gamstat.com/games/tracker/

Soooooooo, early Jan maybe?

JimmyJones

Banned
I’ll acquire it by alternative means. They removed the replayability from 2 and 3 is even shorter so it’ll be another one and done.

Aggelos

DuskGolem (a.ka. AestethicGamer) says

I don't think you should be worried. Just expect it to not tread on REmake 2 too much and you'll be fine.

Okay, I'm going to lay-down a breadcrumb. There's some details I think people missed about Resistance and a leak involving Outbreakers that kinda' spelled things out (but many seemed to miss this), but one of the big motifs of REmake 3 was to make a game of "dynamic systems" and exploration. From what I know, though know this knowledge is old but probably hasn't changed, is they want the game to be kinda' a chaotic playground for various systems in the game, such as Nemesis, to work organically but also capture the feeling of an unpredictable town going down in flame. REmake 3 will be a lot more explorable than REmake 2 was and have more of a focus on making interesting gameplay scenarios happen in non-scripted ways, and giving the player lots of room to do things off the beaten path.

So it does have a little more action, you can do a few more things, but it's still focusing on being a survival-horror game, just a bit more of a dynamic one.

MrRogers

DuskGolem (a.ka. AestethicGamer) says

This is exciting if true. If they can nail a semi-open explorable raccoon city, with multiple mini maze like RPD explorable buildings, with dynamic encounters ala evil within 2s chapters 3 and 4, then theyll really be cooking with gas. I expected more action as the original RE3 increase that quota from the original RE2.

Really tho more action with the awesome impact and dismemberment system of RE2 is heaven in my mind. Carlos's weapon of choice is a fully automatic AR afterall.

Kronos9x

Great pictures. And Carlos looks great. I like that hair. Kinda reminds me of David from Outbreak.

Let's hope those are the real designs.

June

I'm sure I've seen that Jil model in something before, but I can't place her. This is gonna annoy me.

Banned
not sure about the character designs, Jill looks weird and Nemesis looks super weird...
why they change them allways. same did with re2
7ZVyIkO.jpg

I mean, fundamentally they look very similar, it's just that the one on the left is very stylised and the one on the right is more realistic looking, especially the hair... which in the original looks like a commercial for hair products.
but the proportions of the face are very similar, it's maybe a little more rounded in the new one, but that's it.

they should make her blue top pop a bit more... make it a bit more vibrant, because that is basically the main vocal point of Jill's design IMO

Last edited:

magnumpy

all these "new" games are just remakes of old games... it's appropriate I suppose for old gen systems (I'm considering here PS4 as old gen, PS5 will be new gen...) D:

FUBARx89

Why does Jill look like Alice from the movies and Carlos look the new Yakuza protagonist.

Please don't be outsourced to an American studio.

Yeah I said the same thing in a reddit thread regarding Carlos.

I do like the Carlos look though, but Nemesis looks awful.

DonF

I REALLY like I'm seeing and reading.

Those disappointed with how the characters look...come one, the ps1 era models are what they could accomplish with the tech of the time. The new games go for realism, you can't just slap a highly stylized character on a very realistic background, it would like like Roger Rabbit!

About the possibility of being outsourced, I hope however is doing it can handle the RE engine, cause that engine is soooo good.

Top Bottom