• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

It demonstrates the skills he described.

Yes and no?

Only thing he does is the item management really and he does pick up some things to avoid getting hit but I don't know if it's intentional.

Some of us are literally just bad at it.

It's ok, boo. I will teach you how to play it this summer and you will be pro as fuck and we can play versus and fuck everyone up. Yeah!

Aren't 6 and 5 poop?

4 still doing the lords work

Yes, they are coop.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Such as?

They already let you shoot with RT in the PS3/360 versions.

RE4HD360controls.jpg
It's still left stick aim.

RE5 has a config that's RE4 but with right stick aim. Be nice if they added that option. It has no impact on gameplay other than player comfort.

Yes and no?

Only thing he does is the item management really and he does pick up some things to avoid getting hit but I don't know if it's intentional.

It's ok, boo. I will teach you how to play it this summer and you will be pro as fuck and we can play versus and fuck everyone up. Yeah!

Well I'll give it a shot, lol but I have my doubts. I think I think too slow for RE5 VS, I'm even trash at Mercs.

Well I'll give it a shot, lol but I have my doubts. I think I think too slow for RE5 VS, I'm even trash at Mercs.

The only trash that's gonna happen is you trashing majini's, Wesker and taunting and fire scrubs.

Mercenaries though, that's a hard mode. Like legit. I've played it with pro versus players and they fucking suck at it, so yeah. Alot of tricks in the game won't really help you though there are a few that will make it easier and I will teach you themz. Also, Mercs Reunion is way easier than regular Mercenaries and it's more fun due to the fact that there's a more variety of everything in it and the fact that the enemies are not as agressive and obnoxious. Better better weapons selections for everybody, more melee moves, more characters and Excella. Sadly, no Jill but oh whaleee...

KyleCross

The only trash that's gonna happen is you trashing majini's, Wesker and taunting and fire scrubs.

I wonder how many people actually know there's a taunt function in RE5. Always funny to be in an area that the enemies are unaware of your presence only for you to taunt and they all come running. The best was Wesker on mercs and online modes where you can actually perform his speed-dash.

I never saw these features taught in the game, I just saw them online years ago and had to learn how to do them.

I wonder how many people actually know there's a taunt function in RE5. Always funny to be in an area that the enemies are unaware of your presence only for you to taunt and they all come running. The best was Wesker on mercs and online modes where you can actually perform his speed-dash.

I never saw these features taught in the game, I just saw them online years ago and had to learn how to do them.

The best thing about the taunting is that you can cancel it if there's an action to perform. Say taunting a player in versus that's in dying status and if you dont wanna wait until the taunt is over you can just finish them off.

It's so boring in RE6, though the taunts are better but you can't interrupt them and they're only available in extra modes. Also RE6 not have finishers is so damn dull... sliding into an enemy or stepping onto them to kill them? BORING. Performing a cartwheel kick or a spinning back kick to finish off your opponent? AWESOME!

KyleCross

So, is Best Buy just not going to get the physical version? It comes out at the end of the month and is up on both Amazon and GameStop, but no sign on Best Buy. Gonna be sad if I can't get my GCU on.

E.B.E

Banned
For a game releasing in just over a week there is bugger all news out there. What improvements are there? We still don't know. Also still no pre order on PSN, well at least here in NZ anyway. Any news anybody?

For a game releasing in just over a week there is bugger all news out there. What improvements are there? We still don't know. Also still no pre order on PSN, well at least here in NZ anyway. Any news anybody?

I've been curious to know if this is a PC port or what. Sucks that I do know in my heart that Capcom will just push out whatever to make a buck. Might be 60 FPS and all, but I want new content for these games. They supported 4 and five better than they did six sadly.

There seem to be some control tweaks for QTEs and vehicles, along with improved matchmaking options. That, and most likely 60FPS. Nothing else has been mentioned IIRC.

They are digital only right?

You can buy them physical as well.

There seem to be some control tweaks for QTEs and vehicles, along with improved matchmaking options. That, and most likely 60FPS. Nothing else has been mentioned IIRC.

You can buy them physical as well.
Nice will buy all 3 on disk even though IMO they are not very good games. Just to complete the re ps4 collection. All I will be missing now is 2 which is coming and 3,CV. I hope they remake part 3 atleast.

I agree. It's weird there's no more details. They're probably releasing everything there's to it next week.

The fact that you can't preorder really sends out a weird message. I guess they don't care about these like they did with all their other remasters and ports.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Really glad that Capcom confirmed all of the RE Net DLC being included with RE6. Now everyone can be the superior Leon
Does this mean no interaction with the website? The "missions" were awesome even though the website was sooo slow. Although, not as nice interaction as Revelations got; Revelations 2 kind of merged it into the game itself with the unlocking system. I wish they would use this chance to give RE6 more of a Raid mode and have one of the best games of all time but you know they won't.

RE.net is garbage, I hope they stop connecting game stuff to it.

RE6 was easily the worst, with the drip feeding of alt colours and alt costumes over something like 6 months.

I just edited my save file and unlocked all that shit instantly. Which reminds me, RE6 gonna suck even more now I cannot give everyone Jakes melee moves in the campaign.

Sanctuary

Yay for those that have never played 4 I guess (how could you not have by now?), but after already having purchased that game four times, I am just going to wait for the RE4HD project to finish.

kc44135

Given the engine (MT Framework) and the prior released announcement trailer, I'm confident this will 60fps ala RE:Rev2

Given that there are literally no details for these ports, and RE6 launches next week, I'd go in with very low expectations. At this point, I'm expecting a bump to 1080p and nothing else. I mean, if these ports were 60 fps, you would think they'd be focusing on that in the (practically nonexistent) marketing. Knowing Capcom, they'd probably even use some cheesy quote like "The horror returns in 60fps!", lol. Point being, I wouldn't get my hopes up about these ports at all. Capcom is being way too quiet on them right now.

Given that there are literally no details for these ports, and RE6 launches next week, I'd go in with very low expectations. At this point, I'm expecting a bump to 1080p and nothing else. I mean, if these ports were 60 fps, you would think they'd be focusing on that in the (practically nonexistent) marketing. Knowing Capcom, they'd probably even use some cheesy quote like "The horror returns in 60fps!", lol. Point being, I wouldn't get my hopes up about these ports at all. Capcom is being way too quiet on them right now.

Same.

I'm actually looking forward to playing through Resi 6 again (I know, I know) but Capcom is being way, way too quiet given how close we are to its release date.

kc44135

Same.

I'm actually looking forward to playing through Resi 6 again (I know, I know) but Capcom is being way, way too quiet given how close we are to its release date.

I'm excited to play RE6 again too, actually. I kinda hated it at first, but I've warmed up to it over time. The actual gameplay mechanics are awesome. It's mainly just the level design in the campaigns that's really flawed, but Mercs is amazing, and all in all, it's just a really fun game to play. I'd love for the PS4 version to be 60 fps, because I haven't played the game on PC, and I'm really interested in seeing what the extra responsiveness does for the gameplay. Fingers crossed that this is a good port, even if I'm not extremely confident in that at this point.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The changes we know are mainly minor, what we know;

-All the ResidentEvil.Net stuff (costumes for Mercs modes) are included in the game itself now. These would be the alt colors for the the unlockable costumes, and the retro "PS1 Graphic" costumes for all the characters.

-All of the DLC is included, so a total of 10 Mercenaries stages, and the 3 multiplayer modes, Onslaught, Siege, and Predator.

-There is new and easier online lobbying to help co-op games, include the extra modes in regular Mercs searches, and be able to easily join other people's games who are at cross-campaign intersections.

-There is a new control scheme that will be the default scheme, which hasn't been detailed but apparently is supposed to make play a lot easier. They also have mentioned all of the vehicle sections have new control schemes to make them easier.

-The game's default settings have apparently been tinkered with for some better defaults (no specifics, but likely changed the default FOV, maybe turned QTEs off/laser sights on by default, as a possibility).

---

We don't know anything else than that, but it sounds like while it isn't strictly the PC version, the changes are mostly minor to our knowledge.

I don't even think the feature list on retailer websites lists a resolution of 1080p. I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't run 1080/60. In a world where remasters like Uncharted 2/3 and TLOU reach that level of performance, RE6 really has no reason not to.

kc44135

The changes we know are mainly minor, what we know;

-All the ResidentEvil.Net stuff (costumes for Mercs modes) are included in the game itself now. These would be the alt colors for the the unlockable costumes, and the retro "PS1 Graphic" costumes for all the characters.

-All of the DLC is included, so a total of 10 Mercenaries stages, and the 3 multiplayer modes, Onslaught, Siege, and Predator.

-There is new and easier online lobbying to help co-op games, include the extra modes in regular Mercs searches, and be able to easily join other people's games who are at cross-campaign intersections.

-There is a new control scheme that will be the default scheme, which hasn't been detailed but apparently is supposed to make play a lot easier. They also have mentioned all of the vehicle sections have new control schemes to make them easier.

-The game's default settings have apparently been tinkered with for some better defaults (no specifics, but likely changed the default FOV, maybe turned QTEs off/laser sights on by default, as a possibility).

---

We don't know anything else than that, but it sounds like while it isn't strictly the PC version, the changes are mostly minor to our knowledge.

I didn't know any of this, actually. Thanks!

kc44135

I don't even think the feature list on retailer websites lists a resolution of 1080p. I'll be very disappointed if it doesn't run 1080/60. In a world where remasters like Uncharted 2/3 and TLOU reach that level of performance, RE6 really has no reason not to.

Yeah, I agree. Capcom has put out some pretty great remasters this gen too, so hopefully RE4, 5, and 6 will follow suit. It's just a little concerning to me that we still know so little about these ports, but I guess we'll find out in about a week.

Jawmuncher

Yeah, I agree. Capcom has put out some pretty great remasters this gen too, so hopefully RE4, 5, and 6 will follow suit. It's just a little concerning to me that we still know so little about these ports, but I guess we'll find out in about a week.

Actually someone should end up with it in their hands this week hopefully. Unless Tuesday next week is a ship day and not its actual physical release.

Dusk Golem

You know, I just realized the release day is exactly a week after the series 20th anniversary (which is tomorrow).

Coincidence? Think they're going to talk about some things tomorrow and release something on RE6 HD release a week before?

You know, I just realized the release day is exactly a week after the series 20th anniversary (which is tomorrow).

Coincidence? Think they're going to talk about some things tomorrow and release something on RE6 HD release a week before?

You are way to optimistic :p
Lets see what Capcom will announce.

kc44135

Actually someone should end up with it in their hands this week hopefully. Unless Tuesday next week is a ship day and not its actual physical release.

Yerah, that's definitely possible. We might get some details before release, after all. That'd be great, because I'm not sure how interested I am in these ports if they don't run at 60 fps. 30 fps would really be a bummer, honestly.

Dusk Golem

You are way to optimistic :p
Lets see what Capcom will announce.

I may be, they likely may not do anything tomorrow, but I'm hopeful. ;3;

Just today would be an interesting day if they decide to celebrate it up, and I realized due to people with the week talk that RE6 lands a week after the series 20th anniversary, so maybe, maybe not.

Yerah, that's definitely possible. We might get some details before release, after all. That'd be great, because I'm not sure how interested I am in these ports if they don't run at 60 fps. 30 fps would really be a bummer, honestly.

In my eyes, the port here needs to run 60fps, it adds a lot to RE6, and being 30fps would sell it short. I am not sure if it'll be 1080p and 60fps, but if one or the other, 60fps would be preferred. Helps playability of the game a lot.

Just today would be an interesting day if they decide to celebrate it up, and I realized due to people with the week talk that RE6 lands a week after the series 20th anniversary, so maybe, maybe not.

In my eyes, the port here needs to run 60fps, it adds a lot to RE6, and being 30fps would sell it short. I am not sure if it'll be 1080p and 60fps, but if one or the other, 60fps would be preferred. Helps playability of the game a lot.

Well, I hope you are right, it was pretty silent, regarding RE.
Hope they have anything to announce.

Jawmuncher

Considering the relatively weak specs the game requires on PC, if it's not 1080p and 60fps on PS4 I'll be shocked. I could see Xbox one maybe not being full on 1080p but the 60fps should be there.

As you said more info for the port tomorrow among other things would make a lot of sense. I wonder if perhaps a GameStop leak will happen again. I remember the RE6 display boxes went up before the trailer was released the day of or on the same day.

kc44135

Yeah, I agree wholeheartedly. 60 fps was the main reason I was excited for these ports.

RSB

Banned
Yep, no 60fps would be very disappointing. If they end up being 30fps, I'd just wait for a sale or something.

wbacon

Capcom USA
For the lack of a better word, sorry for the lack of update.

The game is finished and will be out on both PS4 and XB1 on March 29th as scheduled.

The reason you may not hear much in terms of messaging and marketing activities specific to this game is because, well, it's a re-release of a fairly recent game from the previous generation, and it's also part of the 20th Anniverrsary celebration. We have more RE games coming out this year And RE6 is just a part of that marketing campaign.

If you've played or seen the PC version, you'll know what to expect in terms of visual fidelity and performance.

While I haven't done any scientific comparison, it seems to be on par with PC version running at 1080p/60 on both consoles. It runs great on both consoles. You can say I'm drinking my own cool aid, but I've been having way too much fun (and getting my butt handed to me since I'm playing in 'No Hope' difficulty...) over the weekend.

As previously announced, the game comes with all previously released DLCs including character costumes, multiplayer modes, and extra maps. There is nothing else to purchase. It's all baked into the base game.

Top Bottom