• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake Gold Edition Set to Release on February 9th, According to Metacritic

Announcement coming during this week's TGA?

image.png

Damn, and I just bought RE4 remake a couple month back. Serves me right though, never buy the initial release of any Capcom game, they'll release an upgraded version fairly soon. (Like Marvel vs Capcom and Street Fighter and Monster Hunter.)
Yup! My advice is to get RE at launch only if you really want to play it asap or ofc if you want the steelbook which came with one of the SKUs, if not might as well wait.

resident_evil_4_remake_steelbook_edition_ps4_ps5_xbox_series_x_3d_coperta_0a1a39dc.jpg

That said, I've snagged the RE Village Gold edition last year for €30 the day it released lol and hoping for a similar deal with RE4 Gold edition.

killatopak

Damn, and I just bought RE4 remake a couple month back. Serves me right though, never buy the initial release of any Capcom game, they'll release an upgraded version fairly soon. (Like Marvel vs Capcom and Street Fighter and Monster Hunter.)
Gold editions are usually just the game with all dlc on disc for Capcom games. If you had fun playing RE4 already, I don’t see the issue?

The only real reason to be mad about it is you want everything on disc which is valid. They probably released this to include VR.

dave_d

Gold editions are usually just the game with all dlc on disc for Capcom games. If you had fun playing RE4 already, I don’t see the issue?

The only real reason to be mad about it is you want everything on disc which is valid. They probably released this to include VR.
Well that's the thing, I tend to be slow on buying stuff so it's usually on sale but I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet. (I'm still playing TotK. Before that I was playing Ninja Gaiden Black. That reminds me, I've got to get back to playing Mother 3.)

I've only recently been indoctronated into the Resident Evil games.
Bought Resident Evil 4 for my Quest 3 then Village on my Iphone.
What does this 4 have that the quest 3 version doesn't other than graphics?

Famipan

Finally! Been waiting for it! Capcom always release Gold Editions of Resident Evil games which has story DLC.
But now, we shall see if this will be a despicable 70€ game or not.

Last edited:

Eiknarf

Banned
Finally! Been waiting for it! Capcom always release Gold Editions of Resident Evil games which has story DLC.
But now, we shall see if this will be a despicable 70€ game or not.
But don’t we already have Separate Ways?

Soodanim

Gold Member
Not at all surprising. On par for the franchise, and no different to any other complete/GOTY edition that packages released digital DLC into one disc for the later adopters.

Beechos

This has been capcoms Playbook for years nothing new. They and ubisoft do the same shit with all their games.

Last edited:

Outpost #31

I don't think RE 7 gold edition had dlc on disc. Iirc it was on a download code.
Mine has it on disc. I checked before buying it otherwise i would have skipped it like i did with Village.
Maybe it's a regional thing? Could be that it came with a download code in the US.
I hate when they do that.

Mr Hyde

Mine has it on disc. I checked before buying it otherwise i would have skipped it like i did with Village.
Maybe it's a regional thing? Could be that it came with a download code in the US.
I hate when they do that.

I'm gonna check my copy just to be sure. Brb.

EDIT: You're right and I'm wrong. The dlc is indeed on the disc. Strange that Capcom didn't include the dlc for Village on the disc. I hope RE4 does include it then.

Last edited:
Pretty messed up, not even a year from original launch? I'll get it though..

.. when it's discounted to less than 20. Assuming everything is on the disc. Otherwise, they can keep it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom