• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5: Director's Cut coming soon

Tenbatsu said:
New Creature
8wf77r.jpg

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1230308_1124.html

So awesome! They truly are going back to old school Resident Evil! <3

Man, and I sold my RE5 not too long ago... sucks. There still might be a chance they'll release it with the Games on Demand PC, but even that's slim. Would've been nice if they released the DLC without the need for the disc like Liberty City Stories and Gay Tony. Has it been confirmed how long the new pieces of DLC are?

netguy503

riceandbeans said:
Man, and I sold my RE5 not too long ago... sucks. There still might be a chance they'll release it with the Games on Demand PC, but even that's slim. Would've been nice if they released the DLC without the need for the disc like Liberty City Stories and Gay Tony. Has it been confirmed how long the new pieces of DLC are?

I've heard the mansion is only an hour but don't have a link to that source but I've heard that from alot of people in the know. That sounds fine as (going by the Japan pricing) it will be $5. So $5 for an hour of play plus trophies (?) sounds good to me. Have NO clue how long the other mission is though.

netguy503 said:
I've heard the mansion is only an hour but don't have a link to that source but I've heard that from alot of people in the know. That sounds fine as (going by the Japan pricing) it will be $5. So $5 for an hour of play plus trophies (?) sounds good to me. Have NO clue how long the other mission is though.
The second downloadable chapter will be 5 as well, so expect that both will add two to three hours of gameplay depending on your skills. They should also add new costumes, mercenaries content and whatnot, in addition to the costume packs.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
That's not the old school RE I remember.

Not that I care, because the only old school RE worth remembering is REmake and RE2. :O

And RE and RE:CV. So, most of them.

Tricky I Shadow said:
So awesome! They truly are going back to old school Resident Evil! <3

There's nothing old school there, until we have fully explorable escenarios,block puzzles and zombies jumping from closets, and that's highly unlikely.

Classic RE is sooo dead. :(

Bebpo

Banned
Relaxed Muscle said:
There's nothing old school there, until we have fully explorable escenarios,block puzzles and zombies jumping from closets, and that's highly unlikely.

Classic RE is sooo dead. :(

Yeah. That dude looks like a generic monster. Nothing old-school about it.

Erebus

How About No said:
The monster looks like something out of DMC imo
First thing that came to my mind actually. The new creature bears a resemblance to the DMC puppets or whatever they're called.

Wouldn't try to embed andriasang images because they aren't loading for me until I copy/paste the URLs, but OMG IS THAT A ZOMBIE IN THAT ONE PICTURE.

Draft

plagiarize said:
i like the monster designs in 4.
Yeah, WTF. Regenerator by itself is a top 3 RE series monster.

Hunter
Licker
Regenerator

That's your top 3.

And for bosses, it's not even a contest. RE4's bosses buttfuck every other RE boss, repeatedly.

LiquidMetal14 said:
FOr a creature design? 4 and 5 are mere shadows of the RE franchise.

4 and (especially)5 are becoming more Silent Hill design and less Resident Evil. RE needs weird but worthy opponents, SH is the one that is supposed to have "teh truly freaky"

Draft said:

Hunter
Licker
Regenerator

That's your top 3.

And for bosses, it's not even a contest. RE4's bosses buttfuck every other RE boss, repeatedly.
In terms of gameplay, absolutely, but visually I think William Birkin's gradual G-Type evolution is probably the best. Having his face slowly get absorbed into the body while another head grew out of his shoulder was delightfully creepy.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Teknoman said:
Wait Episode 2? So there are supposed to be two additional senarios?
Yes.

I thought it was already settled that its name is "Desperate Escape".

Edit: Oh yeah. Here's my source.

Luigiv

Strider2K99 said:
No plans for release on PC.
That's a shame. Well no patronage from me then. I'm not double dipping for a little extra content (I didn't with RE4, and I have less reason to do so with RE5).

Wark

Draft said:

Hunter
Licker
Regenerator

That's your top 3.

The Regenerator is my favorite monster of the newer Resident Evil games. They're definitely up there on my top monster lists in Resident Evil -- or maybe any horror game for that matter. They're is just something so creepy about them.

kallisto76 said:

Also, it'd be nice if Jill gets her RE1 or RE3 hair / outfit as an alternate outfit. I'd love it.

-viper-

Banned
Hmm. Sold RE5 on the PS3 a few months ago after completing it to death.

But the new expansion packs are definitely tempting. I think I'll have to rebuy.

Nemesis556 said:
Hell yeah, 3/9 with the PS3 version for me! I can't wait. I actually held off on picking up RE5 cause I played a bit with a friend, then heard about DLC stuff and I kind of figured we would be getting a GotY edition or whatever...

The trailer for the flashback episode looks a lot like RE4, which pretty much means I'm sold.

As for the other one... eh. We'll see. I'm not really craving any more action in the RE5 setting.

DeadGzuz said:
"download token"? HTF are you supposed to trade or re-sell your game? They should include a second disc, DVD FTL...
Problem with 2nd disc is that you can lend it to a friend to install, oblivion and fallout 3 are prime examples here.

This is one of those times where I hate having dvd for the 360 game media, and a 20gig hdd :/

Still waiting for Capcom to surprise us and say it's coming to pc as DLC also, then I will buy RE5 again.

Wark said:
The Regenerator is my favorite monster of the newer Resident Evil games. They're definitely up there on my top monster lists in Resident Evil -- or maybe any horror game for that matter. They're is just something so creepy about them.

I miss the Regenerator....and that creepy music that goes along with it

IronMaiden.jpg

Top Bottom