• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition listed on PEGI for PC/Steam

Bluth54

Why do they need authorization from Microsoft?

I'm not 100% sure but it may have to do with transferring over save files, I know Microsoft is very protective of Xbox Live/ GfWL save files because of their ability to unlock achievements.

I'm not 100% sure but it may have to do with transferring over save files, I know Microsoft is very protective of Xbox Live/ GfWL save files because of their ability to unlock achievements.

Yep that will be it, shame they can't push out a beta branch for people who don't need/want to transfer old stuff over.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dead Rising 2 and DR2: Off The Record are next given that they already have Steam achievements now (that aren't live yet)

Sweet! Haven't been able to play it since it ran like ass on my old C2D and my new motherboard is incompatible with my DVD drive since it uses a less ancient connector for the DVD reader.

MadHitz

Neo Member
Aside from the framerate problems already mentioned, the Move aiming is a bit janky.

Unlike RE4 Wii Edition, the cursor isn't on the screen at all times so it resets to the middle every time you take aim. Not game breaking but it takes getting used to. I felt the cursor was a little laggy too, probably because of the framerate.

That's weird, my PS3 version works just fine. Maybe your PS3 isn't working properly....?

Miker

Think I'm gonna buy this before the sale ends. No guarantees Capcom will put it back on sale when the DLC comes out.

Think I'm gonna buy this before the sale ends. No guarantees Capcom will put it back on sale when the DLC comes out.

I can wait for the next sale. I'm in no hurry to play RE5 again, it would almost just be for the novelty of playing it on my new PC. Plus hopefully by the time I come back they'll have patched in local co-op.

danmaku

It's great we're getting the DLCs, but I'm currently playing RE6 and I wonder if I'll be able to go back to 5. Combat in 6 is so much better.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Hopefully it'll only be a few more days til it's out. Need my Excella fix.

Miker

I missed buying the base game on sale because I was in the operating room. Capcom better put it on sale again once the DLC comes out.

Elija2

Man, you gotta stop bumping this thread. My heart skips a beat every time I see it only to find out that the Steamworks patch still isn't out.

Jawmuncher

Shame steam doesn't do releases on the weekend. Hopefully capcom throws this up on the store on monday as a weekly or something.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Tuesday March 24th and still nothing yet. Something tells me we're getting trolled again.

Mr_Zombie

* sees new posts in the thread *
* read posts *

C'mon guys!

Capcom probably wants to introduce the patch (and thus Gold Edition) with another mid-week sale.

isamu

More than likely since that's when new sales Pop up. More than likely will show up as a midweek or weekend sale.

Do the midweek sales usually happen on Tuesdays or Wednesdays?

Given that Capcom announced the release of the Dead Rising 2 Steamworks release a day in advance I expect they will do the same here. We probably won't see a stealth update.

me waiting for re5 gold edition for pc

yWd3SZS.jpg

daninthemix

I am interested in playing this again, so long as it doesn't try to install GFWL just to transfer saves etc.

How much of a grind is it to earn the best weapons? Remember it taking a while before.

ZeroCDR

Got excited at the bump, sigh.

That's weird, my PS3 version works just fine. Maybe your PS3 isn't working properly....?

Well, if anything would be a problem on my end it would be the lag on my monitor, but I specifically bought my current monitor because it only has about 8 MS of lag. Other Move games feel virtually lag free, including the HD RE Chronicles games.

The resetting cursor is just how it is, it's not a PS3 problem.

Miker

From Steam forums, just about an hour ago:
GFWL keys now activate on steam.
naPNmrO.png

Patch can't be too far away.

Hopefully it's a Street Fighter IV/ Dark Souls situation where GFWL keys can be used as a free gift copy. If anybody has a spare key they'd like to give me, I would love it if one happened to show up in my inbox.

Hopefully it's a Street Fighter IV/ Dark Souls situation where GFWL keys can be used as a free gift copy. If anybody has a spare key they'd like to give me, I would love it if one happened to show up in my inbox.

How does this work again? Right click on the game in your library and get the Key?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

RELEASE. THE. GODDAMN. PATCH. CAPCOM. GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

I've been waiting a week now. I want to get in on that Merc action. WHYYYYY.

How does this work again? Right click on the game in your library and get the Key?

Right-Click on Game in Library->View CD-key. Or just click CD-key in the information panel to the right of the library listing on clicking the game to "install/play."

Joey Ravn

Banned
Getting the Gold Edition on PC would be really nice. I had never played a RE game until a few weeks ago, when I finished REmake HD on PC. After that, I beat Zero, RE2 and RE3, and I'm starting CVX in a few minutes. It'd be nice if RE5 Gold was available on Steam by the time I get to it!

It sure would have been nice to be able to connect to GFWL so that I could get my CD key...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It sure would have been nice to be able to connect to GFWL so that I could get my CD key...

If you installed it on your PC recently, you should have the serial key in the registry of Windows, apparently.

Elija2

The CD key I got for buying it on Steam doesn't seem to work. Maybe it'll work later on, but my Dead Rising 2 key never worked so maybe those keys aren't valid.

Javier23

Banned
Getting the Gold Edition on PC would be really nice. I had never played a RE game until a few weeks ago, when I finished REmake HD on PC. After that, I beat Zero, RE2 and RE3, and I'm starting CVX in a few minutes. It'd be nice if RE5 Gold was available on Steam by the time I get to it!
Same here! After starting the damn game (REmake) on Dolphin about a thousand times and managing to screw myself over again and again while not far into the game, it finally clicked with me when I played the recent PC release. Since then I've finished 2, 3, CVX, Zero and 4. Waiting on 5. I dunno, I don't love the games but they keep you on your toes all the time, and there's something very satisfying about slowly progressing through them. Plus, the B-series plot, setting and its characters have grown on me in all their glorious cheesiness.

I didn't like CVX that much, mostly, I think, because of the dull 3D environments. Coincidentally it makes missing objects slightly easier, and I had to use a walkthrough at one point because I wasn't making any progress, just to realise I hadn't picked up on a very ordinary puzzle item that was on plain sight. Also, trust me on this, if you aren't doing it already (and I bet you are by now), make sure to save on different slots and to save the ammo for the most powerful weapons for you-know-when. After CVX, just last week, I played though Zero. Didn't enjoy that one that much either, but mostly because of how seriously tedious and annoying it is to have to ferry all your stuff from location to location as you make your way through it. No magic boxes.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

Thanks for the heads up.

I had my old Resi 5 manual lying about for ages in the hope that the Steam transition would happen some time. Finally I can play the game again.

Top Bottom