• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

True, Reis 4 mixed things up for the series big-time. Still, Resi 4 was also a breath of fresh air for the franchise and the industry in general.

RE6 looks like nothing more than playing catch-up to the current TPS kings.

RE6 looks faster and more over the top than the current TPS sales kings. the only TPS that has more speed that i know of, was the game Mikami made, continuing the work he started with RE4. that doesn't make RE6 into the game fans of the series prior to 4 want, but it certainly doesn't make it some dudebro generic thing either.

I hope that everyone who hates this trailer and the way this franchise is becoming will be buying resident evil revelations next month.

Cause' if you don't, you won't be getting an RE title that resembles RE1-3 ever again.

Preordered. And who wants a RE1-3 game? That would be crazy. People said it earlier in this thread, the series could have walked different paths since 4. That's if Capcom would still have some talent under contract...

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Oh I get it. It's Sonic Generations: Resident Evil Edition.

Satchel

Banned
Depressing to see the amount of folks who seem to take more interest in the frustration of fans of the series than the actual trailer.

Let me put it simply; if I want to play a third person shooter, I have quite a variety of titles to choose from, made by devs very talented in the genre. Why the fuck do I have to see RE ride the cover-shooter wave for no reason other than Capcom is too scared to make a TPS without an established IP? Fuck that. Make a Resident Evil game or make a TPS with a new franchise. Of course, with Capcom's retarded executives, there's only one way for this to go: make a TPS and slap the Resident Evil name on it.

Am I getting through to any of you? But hey, continue to express your mirth over the 'whiners' or whatever.

Games evolve, your taste needs to evolve with them.

There aren't too many franchises left in gaming that have stayed 100% true to their roots, let alone 32-bit roots.

I doubt the original Resident Evil games would have been the way they were if technology wasn't the barrier it was back then.

Even then, it's all subjective. I've played every RE game out there, and still own almost all of them, and I loved both RE4 and RE5. There were many intense moments in both games. RE5 was just less....scary, for want of a better more articulate word.

It was still a great game.

6 looks looks as good as 5, but 'scarier', especially during the Leon sequence. This can only be a good thing for most.

The rest still sound like whiners. Sorry.

Riposte

Wow, I spend all that time getting and resizing screencaps only to come back seeing you guys arguing over semantics. Great =(

I liked your post.

Another thing I noticed: The zombies enemies look very spry compared to the classical ones in Raccoon City.

Man, I am soooo looking forward to Mercenaries with these new mechanics.

Shinobi_GR

Neo Member
Resident Evil 6 is a RE game that doesn't want to be a RE game. It's to early to judge, but I don't understand the new direction. Maybe Capcom wants RE6 to be closer to the RE movies...

True, Reis 4 mixed things up for the series big-time. Still, Resi 4 was also a breath of fresh air for the franchise and the industry in general.

Resident Evil 6 is showing A LOT more things than pretty much any TPS outside of Vanquish. The melee attacks, dodging, specific enemies rendering cover useless, etc. are all well ahead of what Gears or Uncharted does.

Edit: Dammit plagiarize, again! =P

Gomu Gomu

Here we go. First things first, Stagla Logo in the background.

Zombies carrying and throwing weapons

The other guy is definitely Chris' co-op partner, every other grunt in his sequences is wearing a mask.

The eyes along with Chris' quote about it regenerating makes me think of the G-virus

Three things

1. Baldy does have a pistol equipped.

2. The overall design here looks like a cross between a bandersnatch and a leech zombie.

3. The enemy is wearing a mask.

That palm strike is totally one of Weskers old moves.

Looks just like Alexia/Nosferatu, probably the T-Veronica virus.

New guy in the same environment that Chris goes to later in the trailer. I'm guessing Russia.

More masks.

Suspicious virus lines on new guys neck.

Masked bad guys injecting some virus into them, probably creating the bandersnatch looking guys.

One of Chris' buddies spontaneously bursts into flames, which reminds me of T-Veronica.

Chris clearly in the same area as new guy.

Even more masks.

New guy in China, catches Ashley on the motorcycle.

No clue here, just thought it was cool and wanted a better look. Leons inside the church that he was facing the naked zombies outside though, in the earlier shot where he kicks some.

Zombie dogs are back!

Again, no idea what this is, but wanted a better look. Maybe a mutation of that large, mutated Gigante looking thing?

That's all I could find. Hope it's helpful.

For the new page.

King_Moc

Banned
Lmao ... multiplatform games that are already out on PS3/360 + games not even announced, yeah, what a great line-up.

Let me get this straight, if they're on PS3/360, it's fine. If they're on Wii U, it's 'Lmao'? They're never going to be able to win with some of you close-minded people are they?

People who bitch about Resident Evil regressing into an action-driven and "dumbed down" or whatever term they want to use kind of game are passionate about their classic RE but forget one very important fact; they are the vocal minority. Classic RE like REmake, 2, CVX or Zero is dead. It's over, done etc. If Capcom would return to the classic RE formula? Son, I'd take that sucker and would go downtown with it. DOWN-FUCKING-TOWN. The thing is, nobody wants a game like that anymore. The current market has no interest in fixed camerapoints, tank controls or stuff where you need ink ribbons to save your game. Also itemboxes.

Me? I like RE 4. Think RE 5's okay. But man, am I excited about RE 6? Leon part hellll yes.

Doesn't it still have the tank controls? 4, 5 and the 3DS ones do.

I just... don't see the point.

Their stories have been told. What's left for Chris and Leon? Just make it about the new guy...
Also, what is there really left for a threat? The only real loose end I can think of was the stuff from the end of Code Veronica.

Trailer left me vastly underwhelmed and disinterested. : \
I'll probably get it when it's $20 or less.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
We in there

I just... don't see the point.

Their stories have been told. What's left for Chris and Leon? Just make it about the new guy...
Also, what is there really left for a threat? The only real loose end I can think of was the stuff from the end of Code Veronica.

You just make a new threat? It is pretty easy.

goldenpp72

Re4 and 5 are in my mind the best third person shooters, so no the option of going to play lost planet or gears isn't the same, while those are good too, RE just feels damn good.

Satoho

Banned
I want Claire Redfield back >_< but I am excited to play a Resident Evil once more, I didn't touch 4 & 5.

I also really want this to be a two seperate disc Adventure, for good replayability. It doesn't have to be two discs, I just want the Resident Evil 2 type of Linearity, where environments, sequences, and people interweave, giving a second angle to the experience, that is why Resident Evil 2 is still the BEST one so far.

MooMoo

Wow, I spend all that time getting and resizing screencaps only to come back seeing you guys arguing over semantics. Great =(
Thanks! I thought they were awesome! Although I'm not surprised it got lost with all the arguing going on. To be honest, when I first saw the masks all I could think of were luchador zombies :p

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
does anyone get the impression that this is VERY action oriented.

and why is chris in so many games now a days. god damnit. I'm already pissed about the China parts of the game...

StuBurns

Banned

Well I don't think we see enough in this trailer to really say if it's bringing nothing to the table, but fundamentally, I would agree it's a shame Capcom aren't doing something bold as they did with RE4. I think that's a fair complaint to have. But they didn't with RE2/3/CV either. It took the originator of the series to head a sequel for it be actually radically different.

the TMO

Honestly, I think that's what the fans wanted for some time: A game with all the main characters go to war against the monsters in a city.

And this new enviroment looks like the racoon city from residente evil 1.5 BTW.

Alex

Have you not played Resident Evil 1-4?

None of them are, nor we're they ever scary. Good mood, REmake had good bouts of tension but they're not horror to me. Horror is fatal frame, corpse party, etc, not a heavily armed commando and a few jump scares.

I like RE, all of em really, but they're just moody act/advs to me, so I can't take much part in any debate for returning to horror when all that changed to me was the time of day.

Sadist

I've been playing RE from the beginning, and even I have no fucking interest in any of that. Not when games have improved by leaps and bounds.
Exactly my point.

Thing is, some of us cling on to classic RE untill the end of time. I've been playing REmake for the last couple of days and people keep repeating how amazing the puzzle segments are. Well, they're not. They are good, but they are pretty basic.

Resident Evil is beyond that. Bioterrorism won't be confined to small corridors forever where the virus only infected a small part of the game. Shit blows up, the population gets infected and mass hysteria breaks out. You'll need the gameplay to counter that.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
None of them are, nor we're they ever scary. Good mood, REmake had good bouts of tension but they're not horror to me. Horror is fatal frame, corpse party, etc, not a heavily armed commando and a few jump scares.

Resident Evil has always been survival horror.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Glad there are zombies so I'll definitely be getting this game.

Resident Evil 6 is showing A LOT more things than pretty much any TPS outside of Vanquish. The melee attacks, dodging, specific enemies rendering cover useless, etc. are all well ahead of what Gears or Uncharted does.

Edit: Dammit plagiarize, again! =P

riposte made the comparison first, i believe. it's a valid one though.

daffy

Banned
I hope that everyone who hates this trailer and the way this franchise is becoming will be buying resident evil revelations next month.

Cause' if you don't, you won't be getting an RE title that resembles RE1-3 ever again.

I think the reasons people are somewhat unaware/ not enthused about revelations is because isnt it the first handheld resident evil thats not spin off? Almost 90% sure.. Also 3DS being kind of new and all of that. Myself I think the 3DS characters look ridiculous and totally out of order, booby McGee with her tater tots hanging out on a ship will probably kill any mood for me.. I will try the demo of course, but also the price is higher. Just a lot of things keeping my interest low for it. Of course it could be amazing and if so hopefully you'll forget about this post hehehe.

Vrakanox

Enough about old school vs new school. How are they going to do three different scenarios? I feel like switching between these characters might break the immersion. Opinions?

x-Lundz-x

I want Claire Redfield back >_< but I am excited to play a Resident Evil once more, I didn't touch 4 & 5.

I also really want this to be a two seperate disc Adventure, for good replayability. It doesn't have to be two discs, I just want the Resident Evil 2 type of Linearity, where environments, sequences, and people interweave, giving a second angle to the experience, that is why Resident Evil 2 is still the BEST one so far.

Permanent Junior status.

Enough about old school vs new school. How are they going to do three different scenarios? I feel like switching between these characters might break the immersion. Opinions?

I was wondering this too and thought of separate discs a la RE2, but that's not likely to happen. I do agree and worry about breaking immersion.

Well I was shitting my pants through most of 1-3 on the PS1, I guess it was due to my age but I've never experienced fear like when I was playing 3 at night and Nemesis showed up, lost count the amount of times I had to switch of the Playstation because I couldn't handle it.

irriadin

At first I was really happy that Leon was going to be in this game. After seeing the trailer, I am not too happy. Why the hell did they replace Paul Mercier!? This new guy sounds like your typical "generic badass" which doesn't really fit Leon, in my opinion.

StuBurns

Banned
I think it'll make for three well contained four hour-ish co-op campaigns. Single player wise I think it'd be unfortunate.

Vrakanox

I was wondering this too and thought of separate discs a la RE2, but that's not likely to happen. I do agree and worry about breaking immersion.

That's a good thought but I don't think so because each character seems to be in a different place. Actually Wesker and Chris are in the same area. So maybe you play through the same story from two different angles. That would be cool.

AppleMIX

Well I was shitting my pants through most of 1-3 on the PS1, I guess it was due to my age but I've never experienced fear like when I was playing 3 at night and Nemesis showed up, lost count the amount of times I had to switch of the Playstation because I couldn't handle it.

Exactly, RE was never scary.

I'm 30 years old, and I'm very excited for RE6, but hey, why should that get in the way of your fantastic rant about how the world is passing you by?

It really is.

We get it thetrin. You love this game. If Capcom paid you, you could be their pitchman for this game. How bout this I tell all my friends to get RE 6 simply because a guy from NeoGAF named thetrin said so. In case you hadn't noticed, there are people who are excited about this game and people who are not. Deal with it.

I apologize for this, but you are all over the wall about this topic.

Top Bottom