• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 - Review Thread | Activist Reviews and the Hate Patrol Destroy Truth™

4players review is brutal. They say there is nothing positive to din in the Chris campaign and Jake's is about as bad. basically all the things people have been complaining about with the demo are in te full game and you can add to that even more problems like one of the worst stories RE has ever seen.

I laughed. I found Chris's Campaign to have higher highs than Leon's. It was the best story arc of the three so far (I'm still working through Jake's).

Duffyside

Banned
Is the guy who was openly weeping about Uncharted 3's Metacritic gonna be here for this? That dude was entertaining as hell, his whole "TEARS ARE STREAMING DOWN MY FACE" and all that.

I remember people claiming there were Uncharted 3 freakouts, but I don't remember this.

Ridley327

Quantum Theory (PS3/360) – 8/8/8/7
Final Fantasy XIII (PS3/360) - 10/9/10/10
Demon's Souls (PS3/360) - 9/7/7/6
Street Fighter x Tekken (PS3) - 9/8/9/9
Blades of Time (PS3/360): 8/8/8/8
Dragon Age II (PS3/360): 8/9/9/8

Jesus, did Sony forget to clear the check for Demon's Souls or something? There isn't a universe where it makes any sense for Dragon Age 2 to score that much higher.

K.Sabot

I come to Resident Evil for the bad story.

I had no problems with the demo because I understand what the game is intended to be, at this point a review has little sway over me. I'm not exactly excited to buy this, but I plan on enjoying it for what it is.

MrDaravon

Oh this is going to be a fun ride... After playing it this doesn't mean much to me, but it'll be interesting to watch. This game is INCREDIBLY polarizing, though surprised quite a few GAF'ers who hated the demo warmed up to the game in the OT while playing it.

This is both a good and bad game, it does some things amazingly and other things terribly. It has better single player and co-op than RE5, though, and quite a bit of content.

I expected and still expect reviews to be all over the place.

I'm kinda hoping it's good because if nothing else the game seems to have a fuckton of content, but at this point impressions and reviews are so all over the place that I don't see myself picking it up right now (I didn't really like the demo).

pargonta

it's really frustrating to see every game get 8s and 9s from major editorial outlets.

hopefully there are dissenting opinions in the popular sites to make things interesting and show different opinions on the game.

Curufinwe

I know what the same people said after playing the demo so I kind of don#t care about their opinions.

What did these unnamed people say after playing the demo?

Seems like what you don't care about is any opinion that contradicts the one you have already formed.

Hanmik

wMsWg.jpg

4players review is brutal. They say there is nothing positive to din in the Chris campaign and Jake's is about as bad. basically all the things people have been complaining about with the demo are in te full game and you can add to that even more problems like one of the worst stories RE has ever seen.

I hated both demos and would not have purchased the game had the street date not broken so ceremoniously over here, I'm glad I did because the game is a lot of fun.

Xater

Come on, you're above this kind of behavior. (emphasizing only bad reviews)

No I don#t. For some reason I actually expect Gamepro.de to give a positive review. My thing is that there was a lot of apologizing for the demo going on for some very glaring problems. That people like that would then tell me that the game is good is not surprising.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
so far more positive reviews than negatives.

Given the embargo lifts in 15 minutes. I am expecting literally everything under the sun, and as I said before this game will have to win an uphill battle because it is a flawed gem. That's earnestly what I think RE6 is, a flawed gem.

Xater

The German magazine M!Games gave the PS3 version 88%. I could gather that from Forum posts, the review is not yet up on their website.

cvxfreak

No I don#t. For some reason I actually expect Gamepro.de to give a positive review. My thing is that there was a lot of apologizing for the demo going on for some very glaring problems. That people like that would then tell me that the game is good is not surprising.

As it stands now, it doesn't look like RE6 will be completely swept with negative reviews nor positive reviews. If anything, the mix of good and bad will just fuel the debate even more. Those same people you disagree with can just point to the good reviews to counteract the bad ones.

RE's been polarizing since 1996. It's just that ever since 2005 or so, the series has had intense competition. I see RE6 as no different.

I hated the demo, too!

ironcreed

Banned
Given the embargo lifts in 15 minutes. I am expecting literally everything under the sun, and as I said before this game will have to win an uphill battle because it is a flawed gem. That's earnestly what I think RE6 is, a flawed gem.

That is ultimately what I am expecting my take to be once I have played it.

ironcreed

Banned
When I see vastly different scores, alarms start going off and not in a good way.

Well, in this case one can tell from just the demo that RE6 is going to be an extremely polarizing game. I am expecting the reviews to reflect that and so far they kind of are.

As it stands now, it doesn't look like RE6 will be completely swept with negative reviews nor positive reviews. If anything, the mix of good and bad will just fuel the debate even more. Those same people you disagree with can just point to the good reviews to counteract the bad ones.

RE's been polarizing since 1996. It's just that ever since 2005 or so, the series has had intense competition. I see RE6 as no different.

I hated the demo, too!

are you liking the game? i look forward to your final impressions :)

Nemesis_

I'm going to blame those that didn't buy Revelations. Best RE game in many years. Alright, if I'm honest the only one to blame is Capcom.

Resident Evil 6 is far superior to Revelations. I'm really sorry to say this, as I loved Revelations, but Resident Evil 6 just does so many things so much better.

Especially Leon's campaign (when comparing to Revelations)

My biggest issues with Revelations overall is that the story is BEYOND ridiculous (stepping into movie territory at times) and the game is filled to the brim with boring one-off characters who we will probably never see again.

Top Bottom