• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 - Review Thread | Activist Reviews and the Hate Patrol Destroy Truth™

Rented with a buddy, played through to the Cathedral underlevels in the Chris campaign. The appearance of actual puzzles to solve was a welcome break from the mind numbing, non-stop action sequences and quick time cockery that the whole game before it consisted of, but it wasn't enough to keep either of our interest. I feel like Capcom didn't understand what made RE4 great and what disappointed people about RE5, and are now just throwing everything against the wall and hoping something sticks.

NeoGAF really has gotten way too strict and politically correct; all a guy does is compare journalists who dislike a videogame to the Ku Klux Klan and the Nazi Party, while making "ironic" racist jokes about blacks and Jews, and the mods get all uptight and ban him!

He had so many more posts about sliding into cover to make... taken too soon...

activist reviewers and now activist moderators

where are we in society these days

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
NeoGAF really has gotten way too strict and politically correct; all a guy does is compare journalists who dislike a videogame to the Ku Klux Klan and the Nazi Party, while making "ironic" racist jokes about blacks and Jews, and the mods get all uptight and ban him!

He had so many more posts about sliding into cover to make... taken too soon...

truly a man of the people. he will be missed

Sojgat

Now he is sliding into Jesus

tumblr_m9hml6z4sT1rakt7so1_1280.gif

In memorial ErikB "May he never sliiiiide from our thoughts"

Neiteio

Erik ain't gone forever, is he? Did he even receive a warning of any sort? I know people were annoyed by him repeating the same points, but it's not like the people he was arguing with weren't -also- repeating the same points.

I guess he at least has RE6 to play in the meanwhile!

SmithnCo

Erik ain't gone forever, is he? Did he even receive a warning of any sort? I know people were annoyed by him repeating the same points, but it's not like the people he was arguing with weren't -also- repeating the same points.

I think it was more the bizarre analogies.

He was banned because he was repeating the same points in the most inappropriates ways possible.

Roto13

Unless there's a massive drop in quality after the first few chapters of Leon's campaign (that's all I've played so far, co-op), there's no way this is a 3 or 4/10 game.

Risette

A Good Citizen

Well, the fact that he was constantly covering the same points made him quite annoying, but he really slid himself into a ban with posts like these:
So some of them hate black people for the idleness, and others just find their ability to blend in to shadows disturbing?
In case it wasn't clear, those were examples of the quality of discourse I feel you get from only talking to people who agree with you about something.

Slike asking the Nazi convention their views on Synagogue planning permission.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I've only played 4, 5, and 6, and I found 6 to be the worst of the three.

5 was much more polished graphically and while Sheva's AI was troublesome at times, I never had a huge problem with it enough to warrant that one aspect of 6 being better than 5 making 6 as a whole better than 5 </run-on sentence>. Also, while RE4 was indeed roughly 20 hours, it was kept interesting with tight design. You would go through one challenging scenario to the next, and there was much variety to be had. RE6 is more-of-the-same the whole way through and not anywhere near as interesting. It's more similar to RE5 but twice as long (thus by extension, it's drawn out to the detriment of the game's quality)

Mercenaries is great like always though. The game is an average 5/10 on its absolute worst day in my opinion. It's rough around the edges with the jewel itself not being that valuable in the first place, but it's not an artificial flea market diamond either.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It's a 20 hour game, give it time.

Shush. I finished the three campaigns today and this game is fantastic. There is no way it is even close to a 3 or 4/10. I'd probably give it something in the 8-9 range, but I haven't played the fourth campaign yet and I heard it was worse than the other three.

Top Bottom