• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
The appeal of zombies, in any film, is that they aren't agile or vicious. They are slow and lumbering but they are infinite. They just keep coming. They don't eat, sleep, feel pain. You take one down and theres another right behind it. Give them a gun and they aren't even really zombies anymore. They're just another human enemy.

That's actually only one form of zombie. The appeal of them stands for a number of different reasons for a number of different folks, and there have been all sorts of zombies across all sorts of mediums, each with different appeals.

What you describe is probably the most popular 'pop-culture' type of zombie, popularized into modern culture originally through George Romero's Night of the Living Dead. The zombies in the earlier Resident Evil games are very Romero-inspired. But when it comes to Resident Evil, the focus has never been straight-up zombies. The focus has always been what's popular in B-Rated horror films of the time, and how that interprets into the Resident Evil universe and their B.O.W. monsters.

guys..Capcom-Unity suggestion box time!

Put Sheva Alomar in Resident Evil 6!
You know you wanna, Capcom.. DLC if necessary. Bonus points if you can play as her in Story Mode & Mercs. PUT HER IN RE6!

vote please :)

EDIT: wow, number 1 in the sug. box! thanks!

Vidiot

The appeal of zombies, in any film, is that they aren't agile or vicious. They are slow and lumbering but they are infinite. They just keep coming. They don't eat, sleep, feel pain. You take one down and theres another right behind it. Give them a gun and they aren't even really zombies anymore. They're just another human enemy.

If zombies didn't eat there would be no reason to fear them. Eating is like THE thing zombies do.

Neiteio

I find it very curious Capcom paired two of the guys up with a hot chick each... And yet Chris, darling of the gay gamer community, is bromancing it up with Ryan Seacrest.

I also find it curious that Super Mario Galaxy has "U R MR GAY" in the title, and that Galaxy is a videogame, and that RE6 is also a videogame.

I can see the Fox News headline now.

LiK

I find it very curious Capcom paired two of the guys up with a hot chick each... And yet Chris, darling of the gay gamer community, is bromancing it up with Ryan Seacrest.

I also find it curious that Super Mario Galaxy has "U R MR GAY" in the title, and that Galaxy is a videogame, and that RE6 is also a videogame.

Well, he had Sheva. Needed a break from hotness. ;)

Chris stopped working out and lost all his muscle mas. Gay gaymer interest minimal.

Don't think its Jill the viewable part of the letters in the name doesn't match up. Im going with Claire.

Looking at the letters that stick out from the censor bar I don't think it can be Claire either; the point for the letter l would stick out in caps or lower case but it's not there next to the first censored letter/character.

Honestly I have no idea who that might be.

Teh Hamburglar
Allergic to pussy

1SJPE.jpg

Neiteio

If you think loud enough, you can overpower the gayness.

PINSTRIPE PANTS ON HELENA

While this is more or less true for the recent RE games, giving zombies weapons was handled in such a way that kept them feeling "inhuman" in the SIREN games. Not that this reflects Capcom's interests.

Riposte

Zombies are so overrated it is pretty silly. HUNTERS made RE1.

I wonder if people would understand the BOW focus better if the game was called Biohazard.

Zombies are so overrated it is pretty silly. HUNTERS made RE1.

I wonder if people would understand the BOW focus better if the game was called Biohazard.

I remember the Bombcast hearing the "BOW" name for seemingly the first time with Revelations and laughing at it like it was some new stupid development in the series.

Neiteio

Chopper Mike better come back in RE6. I want it to be revealed Chopper Mike faked his death in RE4 and Chopper Mike is actually the mastermind behind each game's conspiracy. The 'c' in C-Virus even stands for Chopper Mike.

sleepykyo

Chopper Mike better come back in RE6. I want it to be revealed Chopper Mike faked his death in RE4 and Chopper Mike is actually the mastermind behind each game's conspiracy. The 'c' in C-Virus even stands for Chopper Mike.

Considering how Brad died in RE3 and some other chopper guy died in RE5, Mike can't comeback. The dedicated chopper pilot is the 4th away team member on Star Trek.

Neiteio

Considering how Brad died in RE3 and some other chopper guy died in RE5, Mike can't comeback. The dedicated chopper pilot is the 4th away team member on Star Trek.
Fine. Be that way. How about we settle for the return of HEY IT'S THAT DOG? Fair compromise, right? Leon could be hanging from a rooftop and the dog appears over the ledge to pull him up. Man's best friend. Whaddaya say?

guys about the 'test subject'

so the tops of the letters to me looked like a C first name and R last name. So my first thought was Chris because I always have a feeling hes going to die every game. then I thought Claire would explain Chris' attitude.

But this just hit me!
'Carla Radames'
Would explain alot.

Fine. Be that way. How about we settle for the return of HEY IT'S THAT DOG? Fair compromise, right? Leon could be hanging from a rooftop and the dog appears over the ledge to pull him up. Man's best friend. Whaddaya say?

Listening to the Unity podcast I don't think Capcom of Japan fully understands the humor of things like that in the translated versions of their games.

so the tops of the letters to me looked like a C first name and R last name. So my first thought was Chris because I always have a feeling hes going to die every game. then I thought Claire would explain Chris' attitude.

But this just hit me!
'Carla Radames'
Would explain alot.

I think you just hit the nail right on the head. That name fits what's there perfectly.

we've seen gameplay already and both trailers so far (IMO) have been very well done. I would say that there's enough justification at this point to say that it at least looks good.

We've already seen gameplay. The game looks amazing.

In my opinion, Leon's campaign and Mercenaries are the only things in this game to get excited about. Everything else looks really bland.

Lets hope the partners AI are better than Sheva's!
Yeah, this is a major concern for me.

Nemesis_

I think you just hit the nail right on the head. That name fits what's there perfectly.

It's so shit that this plot has been spoiled almost entirely before the game has even come out.

It's also shit that whoever posted said spoilers first didn't spoiler tag them and now those facts are permanently burnt into my mind.

It's pretty much confirmed. No other leak would confirm the name of Piers and Jake with just coincidence.

I am still preying for some reason that the leak was INTENTIONAL and to put us off, somehow. lol

why would they waste the surprise of Ada and Sherry's return, Jake's name just to side track us from ada's return though
if it really is her in the first place.

If that is the case we got a Kojima Jr out there guys.

But this just hit me!
'Carla Radames'
Would explain alot.
So is it safe to assume that the
C in C-Virus stands for Clone?
I think that's a pretty safe assumption to make.

By the time the game actually releases I think we'll have the whole story figured out. :-/

Neiteio

So is it safe to assume that the
C in C-Virus stands for Clone?
I think that's a pretty safe assumption to make.

By the time the game actually releases I think we'll have the whole story figured out. :-/
I think it's more likely the 'c' stands for chrysalide, the transformational cocoons the most advanced specimens go through before sprouting as "perfect" organisms (read: big nasty BOWs).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Actually, the C in the C-Virus stands for Chrysalide. You can see this in a data report by still-screening the trailer enough.

It fits since a Chrysalide is a french word for the metamorphism stage of insects where they go into a cocoon to 'evolve'.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysalide

EDIT: Beaten to the punch.

I think it's more likely the 'c' stands for chrysalide, the transformational cocoons the most advanced specimens go through before sprouting as "perfect" organisms (read: big nasty BOWs).

Actually, the C in the C-Virus stands for Chrysalide. You can see this in a data report by still-screening the trailer enough.

It fits since a Chrysalide is a french word for the metamorphism stage of insects where they go into a cocoon to 'evolve'.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysalide

EDIT: Beaten to the punch.
Ah... That makes sense too. Time to change my assumptions/theory then.
Mainly that Carla is the result of metamorphosis.

I was going to say maybe that would explain the VHS but
I kinda feel cloning would be a stretch technology wise in the VHS era.
but thats coming from a game with biologically engineered zombies, super humans etc.

Top Bottom