• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 trailer (Full campaign co-op) [Oct 2, Length, No Wii U for now, more]

Lucent

Aww maaan!

The ''zombies'' running, jumping, using weapons and regenerating just sounds as though they have re-skinned the RE4/RE5 type enemies into zombies. That sucks!

I'm pretty sure all the original zombies were accidents. Remember the 4 itchy tasty diary in the first RE? They had a leak or something and had to wear special suits. They didn't intend for any of the zombie stuff to happen. But, like people have said, they were always trying to create bio-weapons. Super soldiers. Ultimately, it was a matter of time before they had mutated humans that could use weapons.

Lucent

I was going to say maybe that would explain the VHS but
I kinda feel cloning would be a stretch technology wise in the VHS era.
but thats coming from a game with biologically engineered zombies, super humans etc.

Well doesn't this game take place in 2013 or something? It's far from the VHS era either way. But, like today, VHS players and tapes still exist. Maybe crazy scientists still prefer VHS? lol

Nemesis_

I'm pretty sure all the original zombies were accidents. Remember the 4 itchy tasty diary in the first RE? They had a leak or something and had to wear special suits. They didn't intend for any of the zombie stuff to happen. But, like people have said, they were always trying to create bio-weapons. Super soldiers. Ultimately, it was a matter of time before they had mutated humans that could use weapons.

I think there's a pretty clear distinction between B.O.W. and these kind of "collateral" infections in the earlier games.

IE.

Zombies were just the workers who got exposed.
Lickers were directly experimented on to become Lickers
Nemesis / Hunters and the Tyrants were intentionally created using the viruses/parasites
Drain Deimos / Brain Suckers / Crows were infected by feasting on infected people

whereas in the newer games I think it's pretty much implied that the parasite that causes people to become Ganado / Majini are directly related to the antagonists. Like didn't Tricell introduce the parasite to a tribe in Kijuju? And then, of course, also created all the enemies you see throughout the game too.

Mr_Zombie

I was going to say maybe that would explain the VHS but
I kinda feel cloning would be a stretch technology wise in the VHS era.
but thats coming from a game with biologically engineered zombies, super humans etc.

D'uh, I'm stupid. In my previous post I said that this will be the first time when "
an intelligent and fully functional human clone will be one of the main villains
", but I forgot about the Ashford twins. Both Alfred and Alexia were the result of cloning Veronica's DNA after all. And those kids were created in '70.

Well doesn't this game take place in 2013 or something? It's far from the VHS era either way. But, like today, VHS players and tapes still exist. Maybe crazy scientists still prefer VHS? lol

I've worked in bio/pharmaceutical labs where they still use floppy discs.

FLOPPY DISCS.

It's kinda funny when you are using state of the art technology coupled to a floppy disc driver for readout.

D'uh, I'm stupid. In my previous post I said that this will be the first time when "
an intelligent and fully functional human clone will be one of the main villains
", but I forgot about the Ashford twins. Both Alfred and Alexia were the result of cloning Veronica's DNA after all. And those kids were created in '70.

Didn't even think about that.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yeah.
cloning has been around in Resident Evil for a while. Alfred and Alexia were clones, that one guy in Umbrella Chronicles as well as those assistants he had were clones, and there was one other example I can think of but can't put my finger on that involved cloning...

Mr_Zombie

Nah, RE movies use of clones subplot was beyond ridiculous. They just throw them into the plot for no real reason (you could cut off the whole beginning of Extinction and nothing would be missed story wise), used in few scenes, get rid of all of them at the beginning of the sequel and never mentioned them again.

Nemesis_

Nah, RE movies use of clones subplot was beyond ridiculous. They just throw them into the plot for no real reason (you could cut off the whole beginning of Extinction and nothing would be missed story wise), used in few scenes, get rid of all of them at the beginning of the sequel and never mentioned them again.

Oh, I mean they are bringing the clone subplot back into the new movie. Not into RE6. >_>

Nemesis_

Basically, they're reviving
all those terrible characters from the first movie that nobody liked, and Carlos. They're gonna purposely do it so they have this GOOD CHARACTER, BAD CHARACTER dynamic. Michelle Rodriguez was spotted on set emerging from some helicopter and injecting herself with the Plagas to become SUPER EVIL Rain

These movies. I don't know if I can anymore

Mr_Zombie

I thought those scenes with previously dead characters were just flashback :|
Why the hell would Umbrella (or anyone else) waste their time to bring back sidekicks that no one really miss?

Liamario

Banned
I was disappointed with Resi 5 after the fantastic Resi 4. I hope they achieve a better balance of action and horror with this one.
The Leon sections look great and I would love if they leaned more in that direction than dudebro Chris.

News Bot

Banned
That's going to get harder to do, what with all the Red Queens, Nemesis miniguns and laser rooms turning up in the games.

The RED QUEEN and laser room references are pretty much just that: references. They're executed pretty well in the games and fit with the game universe.

The Nemesis minigun comes from a game that is inspired more by the movies than the games and is not made by CAPCOM, so its not really applicable.

derFeef

So you RE fans. I have started playing RE5 yesterday and I don't know. It feels clumsy, a feeling which I did not have back in the day with RE4. Granted that was a long time ago and my memory may trick me. But is RE5 more cumbersome somehow?

Carbonox

So you RE fans. I have started playing RE5 yesterday and I don't know. It feels clumsy, a feeling which I did not have back in the day with RE4. Granted that was a long time ago and my memory may trick me. But is RE5 more cumbersome somehow?

Can't remember which control setup it is (C perhaps) but the one that allows you to strafe makes movement a hell of a easier. Definitely doesn't feel cumbersome to me.

Risgroo

Have you tried cranking up the turning speed? Should help a bit, though the game is clunky in general.

cvxfreak

From the ad currently shown on GameFAQs:

mLScn.jpg

From the ad currently shown on GameFAQs:

mLScn.jpg

Yep, who needs spellcheck? Capcpom apparently doesn't need it.

Also, we know that they'll be milking the "merch" in Merchenaries as they're already splitting maps four ways.

Oh well, I'm starting to enjoy the lack of QC when these ads are released.

Rinoa

Have you tried cranking up the turning speed? Should help a bit, though the game is clunky in general.

Yeah game always feels like a tank compared to RE4. I forget what controller setup I used too, but I mimiced as much of GC RE4 as I could.

MERCHENARIES?

Revelaitons!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
cvxfreak, you're a boss! Planning on buying it as-well. I take it we're gonna be the only ones buying it :3?

Replicant

guys about the 'test subject'

so the tops of the letters to me looked like a C first name and R last name. So my first thought was Chris because I always have a feeling hes going to die every game. then I thought Claire would explain Chris' attitude.

But this just hit me!
'Carla Radames'
Would explain alot.
Who? Never heard the name before.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
I think there's a pretty clear distinction between B.O.W. and these kind of "collateral" infections in the earlier games.

IE.

Zombies were just the workers who got exposed.
Lickers were directly experimented on to become Lickers
Nemesis / Hunters and the Tyrants were intentionally created using the viruses/parasites
Drain Deimos / Brain Suckers / Crows were infected by feasting on infected people

whereas in the newer games I think it's pretty much implied that the parasite that causes people to become Ganado / Majini are directly related to the antagonists. Like didn't Tricell introduce the parasite to a tribe in Kijuju? And then, of course, also created all the enemies you see throughout the game too.

why did i never even think about this stuff?

nice post. thank you. it actually enriches what is already a very rich game for me.

News Bot

Banned
Good job I am proud of you! :D

Wait! The director of RE6 is the one from the Outbreak series? Dam now I am interested!

The two producers worked heavily on REmake and RE4 too. Kobayashi also worked on RE1, RE2 and RE3. Needless to say, the game is in good hands. Which is a first for the series in a long time.

Top Bottom