• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 8 Announced for PS5, Xbox Series X, and Steam in 2021

Aggelos

I think this game is directed by Koushi Nakanishi, the guy who directed RE7 and Revelations 1

I'm mixed on this. Seems like the leaks about it were accurate. Yet there are some intriguing aspects to it...still haven't really made up my mind on it

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It felt good watching it. It was taking me places and I was totally confused (was listening to half of it). Was this a western or was this modern? Then the werewolves were shown. I thought back on those rumors that were over a year ago, right? about there being werewolves. Crazy, but I'm excited for it.

Huge RE fan. Didn't think that was really gonna be an RE game but I was excited and curious about what it was during the trailer.

Anyway, just hope it's good like any other RE fan. I don't hate FPS, just not sure why Capcom stayed with it.

ksdixon

Chris looks different. More like how he would have looked after 6, but aged-up.

So who the FUCK was that at the end of RE7?

Fushitsusha

Banned
So the rumors that the game will be crossgen turned out to be false.

Got worried for a moment when I read your post, but that's actually exciting. Even though it still looks like a current-gen game, and also started as a lower budget side game (Revelations 3). Hopefully they really polish it up until release. It has no reason to look just equal or worse than the recent RE games graphically.

Last edited:

Geki-D

Banned
Looks awesome! ...It's just a shame it's attached to the RE expanded universe which is utter nonsense at this point.
Also they backtracked Chris' face.

Also did Chris just fucking kill Mia at the end of the trailer??
Yes.

OrionNebula

I’m opened to that idea. Curious to see more

Although one would think that by 2020 and more you’d have the option to play most games in First Person or Third Person... pisses me off because I get sick after playing 30 minutes in FPS

SuperGooey

The leaks were right!

I'm loving this! The setting, the folkmore vibe, the weird enemy types, and the return to first person. I'm getting serious Resident Evil 3.5 vibes from this, which makes sense since it seems RE8 is going to explore the whole hallucination gameplay that was scrapped in the final RE4.

Also, glad to see Chris looking like Chris again, but is he voiced by the guy who did Carlos in RE3R?

Aggelos

From the official Japanese Biohazard channel
Utilizes the RE Engine. Going to be released on PS5, Xbox Series X and PC

Last edited:
Top Bottom