• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

UrbanRats

edit another one:

Original:

a5ru2p.jpg

Capcom's:

re_009_bmp_jpgcopy.jp6jlnu.jpg

Mine:

finaljjdoj.jpg

I come close and with NO crushed blacks! http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/86886
Yours looks great (given what you have to work with, of course).

dolabla

They've finished English text and voice. Why then delay it for US and Europe then?

Capcom, what are you doing there.. not so nice...

Not so nice!!!

AcceptableImaginativeIcterinewarbler.gif

Lol, I know right.

I assume the JAP version will all have both languages then?

Because I have the collector package pre-ordered. D:

I'm not sure. Usually, from what I've seen, the Japanese version of games are mostly in all Japanese. Now this game could be one of the rare exceptions. If I were you, I'd contact Play-Asia (assuming you pre-ordered from them) about your order and ask them.

Also, they may be listing an Asian version of the collectors package pretty soon. Just keep an eye out for it, or you could just ask them about it if/when you contact them about your order.

Edit:

Fwiw, I found this on the Capcom Asia facebook. I google translated it from Chinese to English (you can mostly tell what it's saying): https://www.facebook.com/CAPCOMasia...3767834308818/841129559239305/?type=1&theater

The very popular "Resident Evil" episode is about to reproduce high definition!
PS3 Asian retail version (entity edition) will be on sale on November 27 with the Japanese version of the same period
Asian version of the proposed price of HK $ 238 (otherwise Umbrella Limited Edition)

[PS4 and XBox One digital download version will be available for download early in 2015]

PS3 Asian retail version features:
* Dual cover design provides "BIOHAZARD" / "RESIDENT EVIL" LOGO cover for players to Favorites
* Available in English and Japanese dub
* Available in English and Japanese subtitles
* Comes with English and Japanese Printed manual
* Comes with the beginning of Japan's 100 percent identical Press Limited DLC

UMBRELLA return again!
PS3 limited edition also introduced, accompanied exquisite 27-inch long "BIOHAZARD" LOGO hand Bing anti-anti-umbrella! Details will be known later on terror, please pay attention.

Sectus

So the game will be dubbed to Japanese? That's a bit interesting as it was never available with Japanese voice before. They did actually record Japanese voices for the RE1 version of the game, but they scrapped it in favour of the English voices.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Lol, I know right.

I'm not sure. Usually, from what I've seen, the Japanese version of games are mostly in all Japanese. Now this game could be one of the rare exceptions. If I were you, I'd contact Play-Asia (assuming you pre-ordered from them) about your order and ask them.

Also, they may be listing an Asian version of the collectors package pretty soon. Just keep an eye out for it, or you could just ask them about it if/when you contact them about your order.

Edit:

Fwiw, I found this on the Capcom Asia facebook. I google translated it from Chinese to English (you can mostly tell what it's saying): https://www.facebook.com/CAPCOMasia...3767834308818/841129559239305/?type=1&theater

What is that DLC?

jimi_dini

Nice.
Normally companies fuck importers over by not including english text at all (*cough* Ico/SotC Limited HD Edition *cough* Dark Souls 2 LE *cough*)

On the other hand makes sense. Capcpom's Biohazard 5 "Gold Edition" also had English text (and voices of course, I think it was never dubbed for a Japanese audience). Even the remaining 4 Europe languages were included.

EDIT: remaining 4 Europe languages were only included for the Asian version, Japanese version had Japanese/English only.

Yours looks great (given what you have to work with, of course).

I just don't understand how this guy, who given maybe a day of thought and experimenting, made this clearly superior upres, but capcom, a mass money corporation, one of the biggest players in gaming since basically the beginning can't even match it given all their money and paid developers.

batteryLeakage

Neo Member
The background re-render topic might be discussed to death at this point, but I wanna link to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzAGSC9Wor4

That pachislot machine is only 5 years old. And at 1:14 you can recognize the same floor textures as in REmake, so I'm thinking these assets were not lost.

Also, that trailer is hilariously hilarious and I'm still baffled Capcom put so much money into a pachislot machine, but I guess it's a big deal in Japan.

Yeah it seems strange that every few years, Capcom puts out some sort of new media featuring the RE mansion (the Umbrella Chronicles, this slot opening). I guess they could keep recreating portions of the mansion, I think its probably because they have assets around and can put out some new product fairly cheaply.
While its possible that they have lost all the old assets, I think its also entirely possible that they still have them. People keep saying that the fact that they aren't re-rendering as proof that they can't, but that's hardly conclusive. They probably just want to put out this product as inexpensively as possible (profit margins may not be huge on a product like this, no experience with this myself though). But the way I see it if you are going to do a "remaster" then do it properly. With DVD/Blu-ray movie remasters they go back to the 35mm film, not upscale a VHS copy. If Capcom do have the source assets, then hopefully having people clamoring for a true remaster will make them rethink their approach.

So the game will be dubbed to Japanese? That's a bit interesting as it was never available with Japanese voice before. They did actually record Japanese voices for the RE1 version of the game, but they scrapped it in favour of the English voices.

Starting with Revelations I think all recent RE games have japanese dub.

PS3 Asian retail version features:
* Dual cover design provides "BIOHAZARD" / "RESIDENT EVIL" LOGO cover for players to Favorites
* Available in English and Japanese subtitles
* Comes with English and Japanese Printed manual
* Comes with the beginning of Japan's 100 percent identical Press Limited DLC

I'm willing to pay a full price of 60$ for a retail version for the PS4.... Capcom why don't you want my money :( ?

dolabla

What do you mean? Asia versions are known to include english subtitles.

This is mostly true, but the Asian version of the Biohazard Revival Selection (RE4 and Code Veronica) I imported only had English voices with Japanese subtitles. All the text was/is in Japanese of course.

This one seems to have it all, which is great news for us importers :)

What is that DLC?

I'm interested to know too.

Seik

Banned
Lol, I know right.

Edit:

So I emailed Play Asia and I got this answer:

Thank you for contacting Play-Asia.com.

As for your concern, as the item is Japan version it will only have
Japanese language.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Sheena
Play-Asia.com

So if I get things right, the dual language one is the Chinese version and it's different from buying the Japanese one? I'll cancel my CE to buy the chinese version, then!

News Bot

Banned
CAPCOM's Japanese dub of BIO6 was fucking stupid because, while the subtitles are the original script of the game, they recorded the Japanese dub based on the translated English script. So you had the game saying two completely different things in Japanese. The disparity between the English dub and the Japanese script is always bad enough. Hopefully this won't be the case.

On the other hand makes sense. Capcpom's Biohazard 5 "Gold Edition" also had English text (and voices of course, I think it was never dubbed for a Japanese audience). Even the remaining 4 Europe languages were included.

Beginning with BIO5, they are all pretty much the same version. If you have a Japanese 360 or PS3, the game would display as Biohazard. If you had an English one, Resident Evil. The text language would correspond.

Carnby

So if I get things right, the dual language one is the Chinese version and it's different from buying the Japanese one? I'll cancel my CE to buy the chinese version, then!

Did you notice that when you ordered this from play asia, it said that the order cannot be canceled? I did, and I'm pretty mad about this.

Cubed

The PS4 neeeeds a physical release... because I neeeed a physical release!

It'd look SoOo sexy in my PS4 collection with all my other remasters. I'm loving this gen of "greatest hits!"

dolabla

Yep, it probably will be different considering how they noted the differences in the Asia version by how it includes English/Japanese subtitles and voice overs, etc. Or that's how I take it at least.

Nice. Is the PS4 version also getting a physical release?

As of right now, it doesn't look like it from that translation above (even for the Asia region). Hopefully they do. If they do, I'll definitely be importing the PS4 version too. It's a must have :)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Nice about the JP/Asian version having both English and JP subtitles.

If I recall, the HD version of RE4 did the same thing. It was a universal version that changed from Biohazard to Resident Evil on the title depending on the region of your console.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Considering how this game for me is the best game ever made, I think this is an amazing announcement for those who missed it on GC.
I already loved it back in the days, and I'm skipping it now, cause it already looked gorgeous on the GC and having also played the original one on the saturn, I'm full of RE1 right now :p

Top Bottom