• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil REmake 1 as RE4 fan mod

SuperGooey

I'd love an official REmake of 1 but this will do!
Resident_Evil_2002_cover.jpg

The only REmake that didn't cut content, respected the original, and only added content.

I think the shittiest thing Capcom could do now is bastardize RE1 with yet another modern remake that cuts a bunch of content and makes it play just like RE2R when they could be adding proper B Scenarios to RE2R or, ya know, actually finishing RE3R.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
That's awesome. I doubt it would be a very compelling experience, but what an incredible labor of love.

Shakka43

Would have been awesome if the base game for the mod was one the last two remakes but this still looks pretty cool.

MrJTeera

I think the shittiest thing Capcom could do now is bastardize RE1 with yet another modern remake that cuts a bunch of content and makes it play just like RE2R when they could be adding proper B Scenarios to RE2R or, ya know, actually finishing RE3R.

I’d be surprised and angry at the same time if they pulled it off, and when I say that, I mean fucked it up real bad, them making a bunch of mansion corridors feel even more corridor-ish.

SuperGooey

I’d be surprised and angry at the same time if they pulled it off, and when I say that, I mean fucked it up real bad, them making a bunch of mansion corridors feel even more corridor-ish.
If Capcom wants to remake the Spencer Mansion again, they should remake Code Veronica, which has you exploring a Spencer Mansion replica at the end.

I just think that RE1 specifically is the perfect game to have fixed-camera angles. RE2R's answer to making the corridors interesting was just making everything pitch black, but RE1R had creative camera choices that I think were more effective at creating tension. It also works with RE1's more simplified combat, which doesn't require pin point accuracy.

Last edited:

WindomURL

What a piece of work this is. Wow.

Looks like the advantages afforded by the ots perspective & aiming required that they up the enemy numbers and resilience drastically. And the item placement has been totally overhauled.

The dodging zombies are a hoot.

It’s a completely different game. I want it.

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah...is aways great to "Resident Evil 4" good remakes when it's not necessary.

No thanks, theres nothing wrong with Re-Remake 1. If people likes to roundkick zombies they should stick with Re4.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Just way people are doing this instead of working on the thing in secret to the very las minute and then share it with the world before publishers take it down? C'mon, people! Be smarter, JFC!:messenger_weary:

CuNi

Whats up with super coole mod creators killing their mods!?

I mean this stuff looks rad! But now they're fucked.
Capcom has and will send a CND to them in no time.
I don't understand how people making those gorgeous mods can't shut the f up about them for 2 more months or so when they say "CLOSE TO RELEASE".. like.. just drop the whole thing so it'll stay on the internet forever, instead of not releasing anything, showing off your mod, getting attention of the copyright holder and then getting killed..

And yes, this is a rant out of frustration, because I saw the downfall of so so so so SO many good mods because the creators were "so close to release" that they went all out on trailers and shit and then got shut down with barely any release because of CND.

dan76

Were you born yesterday?
No, I'd like an OTS remake of REmake. This mod shows how cool it would be, plus it's something Capcom have mentioned.

I wondered if posting this would bring the fixed camera militants out...

Last edited:

Paracelsus

We've already had old RE as a generic ass OTS shooter, plenty iterations: full blown casual action, attempt at being survival horror, full action pretending to be survival horror
I'd rather have a re-remake of RE2 with crimson heads replaced by lickers. Don't burn them, they turn into super lickers.

Reactions: RSB
Omg this is amazing. CAPCOM! Please make this with RE Engine graphics, but keep the features of the game (Chris and Jill Campaigns, layout of mansion, etc.) in tact! I recently played REmake for the first time and kept thinking this amazing game (one of my GOAT games) would be incredible with next gen treatment and over the shoulder gameplay.

Top Bottom