• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

RESIDENT EVIL REmake first person view

eso76

Jun 25, 2004
Uhm..But how did he extract the prerendered backdrops models for those to work in 1st person ???

Masterspeed

Mar 1, 2016
Jolly Ol England
If you told me when I was playing RE2 that RE in first person would be amazing, I'd call you bat shit, but looking at it now... Shit, I want the Resi series remade in first person...

Robdraggoo

Nov 20, 2013
Oh it's not in game assets, its completly recreated?

That's damn impressive. Is the whole game playable?

Fisty

Jun 26, 2014
Nice, Capcom would definitely be leaving money on the table not letting us revisit the mansion in VR. Honestly we need VR Tourism for all classic locations in video games

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
May 28, 2013
Looks like Capcom went and ripped off P.T and Oulast. All I see in that video is just walking. Are we sure there's combat?

Jul 15, 2012
Well I never needed an excuse to play REmake yet again but here we are. Will play of it's the whole game and even more in VR!

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Aug 21, 2014
I'm interested to hear from people who said that RE7's FPV was too much of a departure that did not harken back to the series' roots, because if anything this sample shows that FPV can enhance the experience even further.

REmake in FPV is clearly effective.

Seik

Banned
Apr 17, 2011
That's awesome! :O

I just did REmake during the week-end, would love to go through it like that just for the fun of it!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Sep 10, 2009
It's a little unclear from the OP; how much of the game's environment has he remodeled in real time 3D? I have to assume it's just the parts being shown.

Paracelsus

Jun 24, 2007
It looks a lot less scary because it breaks the camera angles and watching your screen getting bitten is a lot less impactful than having your avatar. But yeah, people have decided to drink the kool-aid, and they even want more.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Aug 21, 2014
It looks a lot less scary because it breaks the camera angles and watching your screen getting bitten is a lot less impactful than having your avatar. But yeah, people have decided to drink the kool-aid, and they even want more.
I'm sure FPV would be considerably more effective if you saw Hunters, Crimson Heads and other monsters creeping around corners as you approached them.

There's no Kool-Aid with FPV. It indeed makes the experience more visceral because you are that much closer to the character and how he or she would see what's in front of them.

Sep 11, 2007
This is never getting released, right?

Neither that RE 3.5 fan game.

So many cool RE projects that never will be completed.

sinkfla87

Aug 28, 2016
Holy shit, this is insane. Don't think I've got the balls to play this in VR either if it ever gets worked out :(.

ISOM

Feb 22, 2012
I disagree with this.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Oct 15, 2012
Regardless of what happens with this, this is super impressive. Very nice work.

Mupod

Jun 12, 2011
Toronto
how the fuck?

you'd think even with the original model files, there'd be so much missing stuff that this couldn't work. Why would they render stuff you'd never see in gameplay? And didn't Capcom say they lost these files, hence the reason RE0 HD looked good and REmake HD looked like a shitty filter over low res backgrounds?