• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 for Switch new details (Motion, HD Rumble, date)

Astral Dog

Isn't RR2 a subpar resident evil?

The demo on ps4 didn't convince me much.

Have RR1 for 3DS and I love it.
REV 2 has better plot/characters, mechanics and graphics (also sliggtly better enemy design) though REV 1 was a good handheld game.

Lizardus

Day 1 for motion controls, you reeled me in once again, Capcom.

Now, what's the best way to get physical versions of BOTH games?

I was hoping for a release before Halloween. Would have really enjoyed playing this for Halloween. Oh well, will still pick it up and enjoy it but it would have been perfect for Halloween.

Edit: I wonder if there will be an English Language cover anywhere in Asia that has both games on cart. May consider importing like I did for I Am Setsuna if so.

Would you recommend RR2 if I enjoyed the first one on 3DS?

Revelations 2 doesn't have any of the poorly paced flashback sequences and is a better overall game so I would indeed. Nothing really tops the boat from Revelations 1 but it's a much more consistent game than the original.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
I always like to hear this. Gives me something to look forward to, since I found Revelations even more compelling than RE5 in many ways.

REv1: (Much) Better setting, over all production values.
REv2: Better game play, characters and puzzles. Graphics aren't as limited.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Huh, I guess I'm an extreme minority that doesn't like motion aiming. I turned it off in BotW.

Not to mention you shoot way more in resident evil. Might buy it for raid mode on the go, and I am a die hard resident evil fan. Really I hope they get the whole series including the classics. Would be great to play on the go.

Nori Chan

Wonder how the local co op would be with one joy con...like how would aiming work? Unless it's gyro only. Interesting nonetheless

Huh, I guess I'm an extreme minority that doesn't like motion aiming. I turned it off in BotW.

Not to mention you shoot way more in resident evil. Might buy it for raid mode on the go, and I am a die hard resident evil fan. Really I hope they get the whole series including the classics. Would be great to play on the go.

RE4 Wii Edition left a strong impression. It's thankfully optional for those who don't like it but I want every RE to have motion aiming. I bought a PS Move just for RE5.

Wonder how the local co op would be with one joy con...like how would aiming work? Unless it's gyro only. Interesting nonetheless

Probably like how Revelations 1 worked on 3DS, you hold a button down to strafe while aiming and let go to freely aim. (or as you suggested, use gyro)

Neoxon

Oh good, they kept the gyro aiming from Rev 1.

I may actually go for this if I have any leftover cash from Mahvel, Mario Odyssey, & Xenoblade 2.

Neiteio

I might be imagining it, but something looks slightly different about the Ironheads in the RER2 screenshot. Don't get me wrong, it still looks good, but it almost looks like they have slight chromatic aberration applied? Maybe I'm just not used to seeing them in bright light; usually you encounter them in dark places.

Otherwise, the screens look identical to the PS4 version. I wonder what the framerate will be? I'll be picking up these games either way. I adore both (especially RER2, which has the best story and characters in the series), and playing them again with motion controls and HD Rumble sounds great.

Neiteio

For the moment, I'm going to check my expectations and assume they'll be 30 fps. I do think the Switch could absolutely run these games at 900p/60fps (I mean, look at MK8D handling 1080p/60fps), but for some reason I think Capcom will turn in 30 fps here.

I think the gameplay would still be fun, although the silky smoothness of 60fps on PS4 was definitely appreciated.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I might be imagining it, but something looks slightly different about the Ironheads in the RER2 screenshot. Don't get me wrong, it still looks good, but it almost looks like they have slight chromatic aberration applied? Maybe I'm just not used to seeing them in bright light; usually you encounter them in dark places.

Otherwise, the screens look identical to the PS4 version. I wonder what the framerate will be? I'll be picking up these games either way. I adore both (especially RER2, which has the best story and characters in the series), and playing them again with motion controls and HD Rumble sounds great.

Nah, that's just how they look like when lit.

Gyro aiming and HD Rumble? Sign me up! After playing a ton of Splatoon 2, I really want every game to support gyro aiming. Hope this sells well so that we can potentially get RE4-6 HD on Switch with a similar setup!

Doesn't seem like a barebones port then. Bummed Revelations 2 is a download code though.

Yeah it's a shame but for that reason i'm only going to buy rev2 digitally, the first game I own on pc and I kind of find it annoying compared to the second game.

I dug motion aiming in Zelda, can't wait to see what it's like in this. Still planning on getting the Japanese version for physical copies of both.

kunonabi

As much as i hated rev2 and have no interest in rev2's story i have to say Capcom is doing solid enough work with this port to make me consider it anyway.

Top Bottom