• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 for Switch new details (Motion, HD Rumble, date)

Never seen such a positive thread about gyro controls! I guess RE4 Wii Edition resonated with a lot of us.

BotW bow aiming made me a believer

I just hate the way Splatoon does it. I only like motion when it activates on a button press. I can't deal with that shit being on all the time. Analog stick + gyro is so much better than just gyro.

Gyro aiming should make it the best console release.
Bummer they couldn't get it out on time, though. Also, not great entries in the franchise. Didn't like what I played of 2 and Revelations is only ok. I think they messed up the wii u port since it felt pretty bad to aim there.

yuoke

Banned
I was hoping for a release before Halloween. Would have really enjoyed playing this for Halloween. Oh well, will still pick it up and enjoy it but it would have been perfect for Halloween.

Edit: I wonder if there will be an English Language cover anywhere in Asia that has both games on cart. May consider importing like I did for I Am Setsuna if so.

Would have been really bad timing with mario.

DVCY201

Bummer they couldn't get it out on time, though. Also, not great entries in the franchise. Didn't like what I played of 2 and Revelations is only ok. I think they messed up the wii u port since it felt pretty bad to aim there.

Oh yea, I totally forgot about the terrible deadzones introduced in the console ports. Hopefully that's fixed...

Jakoo

Just so I am clear--is Gyro controls like Splatoon? Or is it "point at the screen" controls like Red Steel? (which I don't even know if you can do with the Switch?)

7roject28

Have them on Steam but will probably get this. Played through 2 but not 1. Now they need to port over HD Remake of 1 and 2, even though I already have those on Steam also.

The way the opening reads it seems like it's talking about split joy cons ala RE4:Wii. Doesnt sound like BOTW like controls to me.
BOTW can be played with split joy con.
The right joy con controls gyro
Just so I am clear--is Gyro controls like Splatoon? Or is it "point at the screen" controls like Red Steel? (which I don't even know if you can do with the Switch?)
Probably more like Zelda. Press ZL->pointer is set to the center and gyro is activated

Switch technically can do point at the screen (see World of Goo) but there's nothing to keep track of the motion so it desyncs quickly. That's not so much of a problem with games like Resident Evil where gyro only activates while you're aiming but I would imagine it's more like Breath of the Wild/Splatoon. Pointing doesn't work so well without a sensor bar.

Calm Mind

QwrC28.gif

Via cvxfreak. Aiming is not like RE4 apparently.

Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 on Switch feature new Joy-Con controls for knifing, aiming & reloading. Aiming is a bit different from RE4 Wii

Instead of the RE4 cursor, apparently Revelations 1+2 Switch let you use the Joy-Cons to auto aim at an enemy. #ResidentEvil

You can auto-aim at another enemies by moving the Joy-Con in the direction of that enemy in Revelations 1+2 Switch.

FiveSide

Banned
Would it be possible for both players in Rev 2 local co-op to use gyro aiming at the same time? As in, would the Switch theoretically support that? Don't have a Switch so I'm not sure exactly how the Joy-Con features work

Via cvxfreak. Aiming is not like RE4 apparently.

This sounds terrible to be honest. What in the world were they thinking?

Hopefully there's some additional clarification and this isn't actually the way it works.

TheMoon

Isn't gyro and motion aiming two different things? I wouldn't describe RE4 on the Wii as gyro aiming.

gyro aiming is motion aiming but all motion aiming is not automatically gyro aiming

RE4Wii uses IR pointer (sensor bar) for motion aiming
RER1+2 (like splatoon, wind waker hd, etc) use the gyro sensor for motion aiming

edit: welp... weird implementation (re: cvxfreak comments)

----

Has the rumor about individual Japanese/Asian physical releases been confirmed yet?

@cvxfreak 4h4 hours ago
Unfortunately, like other regions, the JP ver. of Revelations 2 will be a download code only. ”BIOHAZARD REVELATIONS COLLECTION" is ¥4990.

Astral Dog

Rev 2 was very well recieved (for what is an episodic release) REV 1 was mixed

Would it be possible for both players in Rev 2 local co-op to use gyro aiming at the same time? As in, would the Switch theoretically support that? Don't have a Switch so I'm not sure exactly how the Joy-Con features work

You wouldn't be able to do it with a single joy-con.

Top Bottom