• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Going to be playing Revelations 2 like crazy tonight when it hits Steam. Episode 4, the two bonus episodes, then back to go play episode 3 (Episode 4 Minor Spoilers)
to do the other option with Neil and then play episode 4 again for the other ending.

Neiteio

Going to be playing Revelations 2 like crazy tonight when it hits Steam. Episode 4, the two bonus episodes, then back to go play episode 3 (Episode 4 Minor Spoilers)
to do the other option with Neil and then play episode 4 again for the other ending.
Yep, same here. Plus, new runs through the campaign with alternate costumes (
Sniper Claire, RE2 Claire, RE1 Barry, Rugged Moira, Little Miss Natalia
), at higher difficulty, using new weapons, etc. Also eager to unlock the villain in Raid. Maybe try the Invisible and Countdown modes, too.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Didn't even play the EPs and Claire and Barry's alternate costume in Raid already available for me.

One costume locked behind a lvl 8 gauntlet though.

LUXURY

Okay soooo. I downloaded episode one when it came out just to see, and bought the disc today put it in and it just gave me a 200 MB update. Go to menu everything is locked. Do I need to delete episode one?

Evolved1

Does that include
Sniper Claire
?

I guess that's the locked one. Barry and Moria also each have one locked behind lvl 8 gauntlet difficulties.

Moria is my main... so I wonder what hers is.

So does anyone know if you can just redo Claire's part of chapter 3
and then jump straight into chapter 4 without redoing Barry 3 in order to trigger the better ending?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I guess that's the locked one. Barry and Moria also each have one locked behind lvl 8 gauntlet difficulties.

Moria is my main... so I wonder what hers is.

I think I spoiled it by accident on RE.net with the icon picture, though even the name seemed like a spoiler.
It was called 'Survivor' Moira, might be from the bonus episode.

Anyway, Claire segment was as short as I heard--only took 15 minutes. Looking at the amount of documents and stuff, the Barry part must be really long.

Evolved1

I think I spoiled it by accident on RE.net with the icon picture, though even the name seemed like a spoiler.

Yeah that's the one... I got a look at it in the campaign > special settings > costumes section.

oops.

Anyway, Claire segment was as short as I heard--only took 15 minutes. Looking at the amount of documents and stuff, the Barry part must be really long.

According to a post on gamefaqs the whole episode 4 is just 15-20 minutes long. That would be ridiculous.

Neiteio

According to a post on gamefaqs the whole episode 4 is just 15-20 minutes long. That would be ridiculous.
That's just Claire's portion. I've heard from people who have played it that Barry's part is super-substantial. And Barry's part may involve more than just Barry and Natalia...

It's a bit much, but the other day I realized it's quite effective at getting me to prioritize targets that can obstruct my view (Slingers and acid Revenants with the gunk, Ironheads and others with the near-fatal blows).

I will say, it really does push me to A. Not get damaaged and B. Take the enemies that cause that out ASAP. I secretly hope for a patch that at least makes it a bit more visable to see through, though I doubt it.

Grisby

Okay soooo. I downloaded episode one when it came out just to see, and bought the disc today put it in and it just gave me a 200 MB update. Go to menu everything is locked. Do I need to delete episode one?
I deleted my digital one when I picked up the disc today.

Make a backup of your save just in case and delete the digital game copy.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Whew, just finished episode 4 and what a ride. Favorite single-player experience since RE4, and my new 4th place on my favorite mainline RE list.

Off to play the bonus stuff

YEAAAAAAAAH!

IEk52m5.png

Jingo

Can someone tell me if i buy the season pass , it comes with the 2 extra episodes? Sorry for the question i dont find that info on the psn store :S

I miss the "Don't get hit" medallion from Rev1. Made it so much harder and challenging. Specially since in Rev2 there's the part that gives you back health by killing an enemy.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I miss the "Don't get hit" medallion from Rev1. Made it so much harder and challenging. Specially since in Rev2 there's the part that gives you back health by killing an enemy.

You can also die and revive with a gem and still get all the medals as long as you don't use an herb.

which also replenishes ammo and subweapons...not a huge fan of that being possible.

Locust

I guarantee you wouldn't like it if you had to do ~200 stages like that. The repetition is insane already even without having to deal with that. It wouldn't even make it any more challenging, just dull because the stages aren't as cramped and don't force you to progress other than to trigger spawns. All you'd need to do is to stay far back and play the game in the most boring way possible.

+ it just results in coop partners staying behind letting you bait all the enemies because they don't want to get hit

This game looks great. For those who are playing on Steam, is the more expensive $39.99 package worth it or am I just better off buying the Complete Season package for $24.99 instead?

This game looks great. For those who are playing on Steam, is the more expensive $39.99 package worth it or am I just better off buying the Complete Season package for $24.99 instead?

The only way its worth it is if you literally wanted to buy every piece of dlc: Wesker, Costumes, extra raid mode stages

I'd say its not really worth it. Buy Wesker for 2 bucks if you care about him and just get the 24.99 version

The only way its worth it is if you literally wanted to buy every piece of dlc: Wesker, Costumes, extra raid mode stages

I'd say its not really worth it. Buy Wesker for 2 bucks if you care about him and just get the 24.99 version

I don't care for costumes - waste of money. Are the raid mode stages fun? Never played them before.

Top Bottom