• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

I don't care for costumes - waste of money. Are the raid mode stages fun? Never played them before.

I haven't tried the specific ones from the dlc yet so I can't talk to that, but you get way more than enough content in Raid mode without even dipping into that, so it probably isn't all that worth it, then again, I don't think its that expensive if you wanted to just buy it on its own

I haven't tried the specific ones from the dlc yet so I can't talk to that, but you get way more than enough content in Raid mode without even dipping into that, so it probably isn't all that worth it, then again, I don't think its that expensive if you wanted to just buy it on its own

Cool, thanks. I'm definitely going to pick this up - game looks great!

WOW!

The first new raid stage in the new opened gauntlet is... the very first raid stage in the first gauntlet but backwards. Wow, Capcom. New levels or laziness.

I guarantee you wouldn't like it if you had to do ~200 stages like that. The repetition is insane already even without having to deal with that. It wouldn't even make it any more challenging, just dull because the stages aren't as cramped and don't force you to progress other than to trigger spawns. All you'd need to do is to stay far back and play the game in the most boring way possible.

+ it just results in coop partners staying behind letting you bait all the enemies because they don't want to get hit

I didn't mind it in the first game and I got a Trinity bonus on all stages there, including Ghost Ship. Though GS was boosted alot but still, and this was before people found out the glitch where only one person can enter the last part of the stage. Raid now is just waaaay too easy.

Neiteio

WOW!

The first new raid stage in the new opened gauntlet is... the very first raid stage in the first gauntlet but backwards. Wow, Capcom. New levels or laziness.
Haha, I actually thought that was a clever bit of symmetry, given it's the last gauntlet with three difficulties (not counting the Throwback Map Pack).

tav7623

Just finished episode 4 and ended up with the
Bad ending where Natalia becomes Alex because I screwed up during my last play through of Claire's 3rd episode when I forgot to switch back to Moira and had Claire kill monster Niel
, Also has anyone had any issues getting into raid mode? for some reason every time I try to go into the Main Missions section it keeps kicking me out saying Network Connection has been lost.

Edit: Nevermind, it just started working

Reebot

After this episode I'll miss the growing tension waiting for the steam release as all you lucky dudes play on PS 4 or Xbone.

jediyoshi

I don't think Steam has updated it yet. Probably not until tomorrow depending on where you live.

Oh weird, there are so many references otherwise to do it in the game.

Logged in for the first time since Rev1. Points!

JlGljkd.png

Neiteio

oh man, Claire is bootylicious in her RE2 outfit

like I didn't think they could be more bootylicious than Rodeo Claire but they found a way

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's hard to not notice Claire's insanely giant hips the moment you try using her costume. Capcom pls.

Aeana

I dunno if I hit a bug or if I'm missing something, but I cannot figure out how to progress in the beginning of Claire's episode 4.
we get up to the bedroom and then there's nowhere to go from there

Papercuts

I dunno if I hit a bug or if I'm missing something, but I cannot figure out how to progress in the beginning of Claire's episode 4.

There's a lever to pull behind a fish tank.

Hugstable

Banned

The aquarium holds your answer

:D

Aeana

I just inadvertently found out that something I did in an earlier episode will get me a crappier ending, and now I don't even want to continue. Do I have to replay both Claire's and Barry's to change the path to the ending I'm going to get?

Vamphuntr

I just inadvertently found out that something I did in an earlier episode will get me a crappier ending, and now I don't even want to continue. Do I have to replay both Claire's and Barry's to change the path to the ending I'm going to get?

Considering it doesn't change anything in Barry's episode 3 it would be really terrible if you had to do both.

I've been looking into it and from what ive read, no, you only have to redo Claire's chapter 3.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Same.

I hate multiple endings. Especially when the mechanic determining outcome is so arbitrary... just completely stupid. I probably won't play this again for days. I don't even care to finish at this point.

Aeana

I've been looking into it and from what ive read, no, you only have to redo Claire's chapter 3.

Such a long episode, too... ugh.
Nah, not gonna do it. I'll just get the bad ending and watch the good ending on YouTube. I don't want to do the
livers part
of episode 3 again.

Grisby

That ending was bad fucking ass. Goddamn. The lead up to the boss fight was creepy as was the fight itself. And then-well, you gotta see it.

Totally made up for Claire's short section. Hell of a time and a good 'RE' ending.

(ending spoilers)
Barry's slow mo stand off was greeeeeat. Claire's entrance was greaaaaaaat. Don't know if I dig Ada-Claire though. I miss that pony-tail already.

Man, what a great ride.

Neiteio

That ending was bad fucking ass. Goddamn. The lead up to the boss fight was creepy as was the fight itself. And then-well, you gotta see it.

Totally made up for Claire's short section. Hell of a time and a good 'RE' ending.

(ending spoilers)
Barry's slow mo stand off was greeeeeat. Claire's entrance was greaaaaaaat. Don't know if I dig Ada-Claire though. I miss that pony-tail already.

Man, what a great ride.
Yeah, those disappointed in Claire's section should reserve judgment until seeing how all the characters play out in the rest of Episode 4. It truly ends up being an ensemble piece. Episode 4 has one of the most misleading beginning I can remember in some time. Super-satisfying when all is said and done.

I say all of this based on spoiling myself days in advance. Still have to give it the proper playthrough myself. Downloaded everything but busy at the moment. :-x

Aeana

Yeah, I can confirm this since I did the same thing.

Is it possible to rush through lots of it (i.e. just run past enemies and not bother)? Apparently if I try it then it immediately overwrites my save, so if I have to spend the same 1.5 hours on it that I spent the first time then I don't really wanna do it.

The
new difficulty, Code Red
in Raid Mode is BADASS. Now that's what I wanted all along. Got my ass kicked and almost died by just the first mission. Gonna be so much fun in co-op.

HYPE!

Kinda weird there was no "Urban Chaos" level in Raid Mode though. So many reused areas but no Raid.

Neil boss
was a nice touch as the semi last stage in Raid. Lack of enemies though...

Oh and I removed the RPG from my skills because... damn that just makes it all TOO EASY.

Such a long episode, too... ugh.
Nah, not gonna do it. I'll just get the bad ending and watch the good ending on YouTube. I don't want to do the
livers part
of episode 3 again.

Yeah, I was annoyed at first too, but its honestly not that bad the second time around. You already know the answers to all the puzzles, you don't have to scour for secrets. Plus it gives you more BP to play around with. But I definitely understand not wanting to do it again before proceeding.

Also, I think you may unlock different stuff for getting the other ending anyway, so its eventually worth it

Grisby

Really curious to see what the bad ending is now. That was a hell of a 'good' ending.

But what the hell capcom, no screenshots for the ending part again? You're killing me here.

Neiteio

Is it possible to rush through lots of it (i.e. just run past enemies and not bother)? Apparently if I try it then it immediately overwrites my save, so if I have to spend the same 1.5 hours on it that I spent the first time then I don't really wanna do it.
I think you can skip nearly every enemy except for you-know-who at the end of Episode 3.

In the factory, run from puzzle room to puzzle room, ignoring the enemies.

In the slaughterhouse, just run past all of the enemies on your way in and out.

In the warehouse, just run to the exit and ignore everyone along the way.

In the sewers, you can also just gun it from one end to the other.

Neiteio

Really curious to see what the bad ending is now. That was a hell of a 'good' ending.

But what the hell capcom, no screenshots for the ending part again? You're killing me here.
Wait, they block our ability to take video/screenshots during the ending??

FUUUUUU--

There are so many priceless moments I wanted to screencap. ;_;

Grisby

Wait, they block our ability to take video/screenshots during the ending??

FUUUUUU--

There are so many priceless moments I wanted to screencap. ;_;
I don't know why they would. Is it something to do with the engine? Can the Xbox One guys do it since the system can do screenies now?

Papercuts

For the most part, yeah, though there's a few tricky spots. The first area with the key and eyes you can avoid everything. Main thing to remember there is after getting the key in the spike ceiling room, hang a right immediately to open the door down the stairs to avoid all the enemies that spawn in. The second area is a little sketchy, you can kite the guy that lobs fireballs around while Moira crowbars the door but it's not too hard to just kill him. The escape from this area is the hardest part, but they spawn 3-4 of those exploding guys close to eachother which helps clear the hallway and let you sprint by everything. The actual timed fire part is pretty tedious either way due to all the valve cranking.

The sewer segment has the same type of thing where you can pull the fireball guy downstairs for Moira to crowbar the door or just kill him. The only other difficult spot is the area where you walk over the planks as if you try to rush through it, it drops two of those exploding guys that are very likely to knock you down into the water. The grave puzzle is optional so you can just run to the boss after this point.

I believe it took around 30 minutes for me to speed through it.

I don't know why they would. Is it something to do with the engine? Can the Xbox One guys do it since the system can do screenies now?

Games on PS4 can block sharing/recording when they want to. DBZ Xenoverse especially does this CONSTANTLY for story segments...I guess to curb spoilers from streams and stuff. Revelations 2 does it for the end of episode 3 with claire and the ep.4 ending section with Barry.

Neiteio

If you're getting the message "Recording is blocked" during that scene, it's intentional on Capcom's part, presumably to avoid spoilers leaking to the Internet...

...which is a futile effort, so I don't know why they bother. I can take screens everywhere else, let me do it for the cool ending cutscenes, too. :-\

Unless I misunderstand you and it's not blocked after all.

How long I this game in total? Is the single player exhilarating and worthwhile?

That is my main appeal here.

Oh yeah and which console is this game superior for? I've heard reports the XB1 is actually better in some ways.

Grisby

Aw, no way dog. Gonna clean up the collectables for 4 (I missed a ton this time around and usually I get almost all of them) and then go back through the whole thing to see the bad ending.
If you're getting the message "Recording is blocked" during that scene, it's intentional on Capcom's part, presumably to avoid spoilers leaking to the Internet...

...which is a futile effort, so I don't know why they bother. I can take screens everywhere else, let me do it for the cool ending cutscenes, too. :-\

Unless I misunderstand you and it's not blocked after all.
No that's the message. It's totally blocked. The reason I thought it might be an engine deal was because of the first time it happened at the end of chapter 3, when there was a qte and more 'involved' real time animation stuff going on. But yeah, it could also totally be because of spoilers, which, in this youtube age, is totally dumb.

I just bought a copy of Outbreak last week!

Now all I need is a PS2 (preferably OG), controller, and memory card.

Congrats! Yep, you definitely want the old style so you can add the hard drive in it to play Outbreak at the speed it was meant to be played at. Definitely need those other two things xD Would love to play online sometime!

I thought the servers were taken down for the Outbreak games? Are they still up?

They were, however some folks great into reverse-engineering were able to get the game back online with a new server. http://www.obsrv.org Really nice community, there's user added DLC as well. Love it.

Neiteio

Did you see the ending? What a great send off for an RE fan.

(massive ending spoilers)When
Claire came up in the helicopter I was all:
http://i.imgur.com/zrqlP.gif[img]

And then [SPOILER]Barry did his badass let me handle shit thing and I was all:[/SPOILER]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/RJ2pl.gif[img][/QUOTE]
[spoiler]"I'll always need you... But for now, I have THIS."[/spoiler]

Neiteio

It's really like the best line I've ever heard.
In the spoiler discussion thread, I actually did a recap of the bad and good endings. Both are great, but that good ending is like a goddamn quote factory. They created as many classic quotes in one cutscene as RE1 did in its entirety, lol.

Grisby

It all worked for me too because (ending spoilers)
these characters really haven't had the spotlight in forever. In Barry's case, you could argue that he never did. And they really capitalized on the switching gameplay mechanic in a way that made me/and both the characters feel like a badass.

Plus, the ending dialogue felt cheesy in the right way. They did a really good job with REV2 as a whole in the fanservice and generally self awareness of the story/dialogue.

Top Bottom