• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Trick_GSF

Banned
Well I finished today. I managed to get "The worst possible outcome" ending. Yeah, the bad ending, but that made me chuckle a bit. I did check out the good ending, though and it was lovely. That said, the bad ending wasn't without interest..

But my heart is content, being a fan of the series since 1996, this really was a suprise for me, I always look forward to RE titles, but more often than not my expetations are low. I actaully said to myself "best RE since 4" during episode 3, and it genuinely made warm and fuzzy when I saw others saying the same. What with this and Remaster, the series is starting to look more... healthy. I hope 7 don't throw it all down the drain.

The only issue I had was with Claire
I guess you can argue she has grown up a lot. Become hardend, and that's a fine arguement and fair enough, but her character was almost unrecognizable to me, and she was my favorite protagonist in the series. Still, I did warm to her "rebooted" character nearing the end. I think Alyson Court should have come back, would made that transition easier, perhaps.

Still, Moira was a suprise, thought I was going to dispise her, in fact I did, before the game released. But she was awesome, and I've been having a great time leveling her up in raid mode, which is wonderful, too.

Barry is always awesome.

Great game.

Neiteio

I don't know what happened, but at some point in the past week, Moira's character design just clicked for me and now I love her model. All of the models are great (with Claire probably being my favorite), but I especially enjoy Moira now. :)

Kuraudo

Banned
Loved the little callbacks in this one.
Alex saying how she'd earned the right to be a god (and Moira's response!) and especially Barry's "I have THIS!"

This game was a huge surprise. I don't know what I was expecting from it, but I definitely wasn't anticipating it being the best Resident Evil game in a decade.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Easily worth $25

Astral Dog

Loved the little callbacks in this one.
Alex saying how she'd earned the right to be a god (and Moira's response!) and especially Barry's "I have THIS!"

This game was a huge surprise. I don't know what I was expecting from it, but I definitely wasn't anticipating it being the best Resident Evil game in a decade.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Easily worth $25

i like this one,

and was against changing the title.

finley83

Banned
Wow, so the pre-order soundtrack (on Steam) is only 4 tracks and 14 minutes long. For some reason I thought they'd been adding more tracks with each episode, but didn't check until just now.

Colour me underwhelmed.

tomasdk

Finished the main campaign, got the bad ending, will get the good one tomorrow along with both bonus episodes. Really enjoyed the campaign but need to admit that I suck at finding the collectible stuff. IT took me good two hours and 4 playthroughs to find all the Kafka drawings in ep4 and that is the shortest one, I'll have to take the collectibles really slow. I even managed to miss some of the lockpick boxes in pretty much all episodes. And don't get me started on Natalia's bugs, I can't even see them properly, never found more than two of them. But, overall the campaign is reaaaaally good.
Raid mode is way more fun than I thought it would be, but the Omega level was disappointing to me. Until I started it I had hoped for a ghost ship level. Maybe Capcom can add that later as another DLC? I actually would not mind that.

Neiteio

Raid mode is way more fun than I thought it would be, but the Omega level was disappointing to me. Until I started it I had hoped for a ghost ship level. Maybe Capcom can add that later as another DLC? I actually would not mind that.
I'd pay for a Ghost Ship-style level as DLC. Heck, they can even recycle Ghost Ship itself from Rev 1. But ideally it would be the island, and you push yourself to reach the true end or tap out early with one of the earlier exits.

Um what is this...

tumblr_nlfcx706lT1rivjv8o1_1280.png

Shauni

I'm really hoping the Alex plot point carries over into RE7 in some fashion. No, no, not RER3, I want this to come to frutation in the mainline, son. I'll take the R3, but I want the lucky number 7.

heringer

I enjoyed Claire's part, despite the mouse issues. How is Barry's part in comparison? More guns blazing?

Also, the game looks like straight from 2010, and the enviroments are a bit bland. Does it get better? Gameplay is sort of fun, reminded me of Alan Wake a little. Stun + kick + crowbar is fun stuff. Killing that Silent Hill dude without using any bullets was satisfying.

Fast camera off helps a bit.

Yeah, it's off, but still annoying. :(

Manu

I want to nuke those fat wobbly revelation 1 sawblade assholes from orbit.

I came here to correct you and tell you they're actually called "scagdeads", but you know what? I think I like "fat wobbly revelation 1 sawblade assholes" better.

I'm actually gonna start calling them that now.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I want to nuke those fat wobbly revelation 1 sawblade assholes from orbit.

One of the rare times I use my rocket launcher. Or the full-burst magnum. Those dudes are always a special occasion. Especially with a couple of buffs.

Edit:

Also, I got myself a new avatar!

Awesome AVI. Maybe I should do a rev2 one, too

Edit #2 Done. Kafka drawings!

Shauni

I feel like those folders can't be what they appear to be. Unless they plan to use Revelations 2 as essentially a platform for a multitude of stories or something.

Completed Chapter 1 for both Claire and Barry. Took me about three hours. Things are getting mighty interesting. Kinda wish I could access the full map on screen

I remember when this game first came out, a lot of people, including myself were thinking Moira would be this really annoying character with unnatural sounding "hip" dialogue...but I really ended up liking her character. She's cute, and even the swearing she does comes off as sounding natural for her.
I liked that her and Barry's arc having a nice outcome too.

So I'm confused about two things in the story:

1)
After Claire jumped out of the exploding tower, how was she rescued and brought back to the mainland, or wherever it was that she talked to Barry while on the stretcher? If they found her on the island, then why did it take Barry so long to find the island? But if they didn't find her on the island, then how did she get off the island?

2)
How did Moira survive being crushed by the goddamn ceiling and then having the tower blow up around her?

K.Sabot

Has PC performance improved in the last couple episodes? I took a break for that main reason, hoping the frame judder is fixed.

Shauni

I liked Moira pretty much from the beginning, glad that people finally started coming around to her. I'm hoping she doesn't end up like pretty much every other RE character introduced post-RE2 and just go into the pile never to seen again. I mean, most of them aren't worth revisiting, but she (and Natalia, especially Natalia by the end) should return in some form.

Neiteio

So I'm confused about two things in the story:

1)
After Claire jumped out of the exploding tower, how was she rescued and brought back to the mainland, or wherever it was that she talked to Barry while on the stretcher? If they found her on the island, then why did it take Barry so long to find the island? But if they didn't find her on the island, then how did she get off the island?

2)
How did Moira survive being crushed by the goddamn ceiling and then having the tower blow up around her?
1)
I'm guessing some fishermen retrieved her and she eventually found her way back to civilization. She couldn't recollect much about the island, and of course had no idea of its precise coordinates. Barry had to spend the next sixth months looking for the island. We know from one of the files in the game it's an island not listed on most maps. And when he found it, he immediately started searching it, the rest of the BSAA catching up the next morning (when they fly in to do "cleanup" during the good ending).

2)
I haven't played "The Struggle" yet, but I heard it touches on this. Is this true?

Neiteio

it's fan artists, Though looking at his other stuff all seems to be RE and Evil within related so maybe he's an illustrator.

Heres at least some of the safe for work items on his page.
My goodness, that Psycho Break/Evil Within poster O_O

Link to the site?

Nekofrog

Banned
I've followed next to nothing in regards to this title but just read that Alyson Court isn't back. Yes, I'm petty enough that this is keeping me from buying it for a while :(

gconsole

Just finished the game.

Now I feel like the creator try to hide the good ending on purpose. I'm sure majority of the people wouldn't even realize that they can change the character during EP3 last scene. It's gone so fast (like other post said).

And that Barry's mantion section. Damn. It's give me a serious vibe of first RE. The atmosphere and music. It's first time I feel scare in years for play RE.

Top Bottom