• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Lucent

"The Struggle" and "Little Miss" could be episodes 5 and 6. But yeah, that still leaves five episodes unaccounted for in those folders. o_O

Yeah I'm wondering. I haven't played the two bonus episodes yet so I can't say if I'd pay for more of those yet or not.

Also I wish they'd change their minds and allow for online co-op in the campaign. The AI isnt horrible but it def gets in trouble a lot in some sections. I know I'd be running and my partner would get beat up on the way to me so bad. Path finding issues too if I went somewhere too complicated.

News Bot

Banned
So I'm confused about two things in the story:

1)
After Claire jumped out of the exploding tower, how was she rescued and brought back to the mainland, or wherever it was that she talked to Barry while on the stretcher? If they found her on the island, then why did it take Barry so long to find the island? But if they didn't find her on the island, then how did she get off the island?

2)
How did Moira survive being crushed by the goddamn ceiling and then having the tower blow up around her?

1)
It's irrelevant, really. All that matters is that she was found. She drifted at sea for a while before being picked up by fishermen most likely, as already stated.

2)
While she felt fear which activated t-Phobos, she overcame it. Allowing the virus to save her life and adapt to her, just like it adapted to Natalia. If Moira were to die at some point, she would revive with superhuman abilities just like Natalia does in the bad ending.

SOLDIER

So I read in order to get the "Good Ending" you have to

kill Neil with Moira during the QTE in that boss fight

Can I do that and then jump right to the final episode using episode select, or do I have to play the rest of the content leading up to that?

Neiteio

So I read in order to get the "Good Ending" you have to

kill Neil with Moira during the QTE in that boss fight

Can I do that and then jump right to the final episode using episode select, or do I have to play the rest of the content leading up to that?
You can just redo Claire Episode 3 and then skip straight to Barry Episode 4

Neiteio

Okay, thanks.

Does it also change anything during Claire's final chapter, namely the bit where

Moira gets crushed and tells Claire to leave without her?
No, it only changes how the game plays out from
Monster Alex grabbing Natalia
onwards.

Finished it. Friggin' loved the ending and the boss fight.
It was just awesome. That perfect blend of awesome and cheese, they nailed it.
Moira really grew on me, started playing the struggle right after the ending sequence and I can already tell I'll like her even more after this.
This game is fantastic from start to finish, all those throwbacks to classic RE, especially in the last episode, I was smiling all the way through it.
Even though I was one of the few that had faith in this game, I'm simply blown away by how well it turned out, no RE fan should miss this.

So I'm missing one cutscene:

CAaVd1gWsAAxTyb.jpg

Since I got the good ending this is probably the bad ending cutscene right ?

Reebot

So I'm confused about two things in the story:

1)
After Claire jumped out of the exploding tower, how was she rescued and brought back to the mainland, or wherever it was that she talked to Barry while on the stretcher? If they found her on the island, then why did it take Barry so long to find the island? But if they didn't find her on the island, then how did she get off the island?

2)
How did Moira survive being crushed by the goddamn ceiling and then having the tower blow up around her?

1)
Through the magic of editing. Seriously, there is no real explanation. Just got to roll with it.

2)
The Struggle implies the Russian dude saved her and dragged her to his place.

Seyavesh

man the more i think about it, the more i like how lil random 'logic' stupid things are covered by the plot so the characters don't seem insanely stupid like they do in RE6

like (ending spoilers)
how barry wasn't just going totally solo chasing ghosts as it seemed- he had already called in the backup and was simply looking for the island in the first place with a transponder beacon already set. and why he was acting like moira was dead the entire time off what seemed like a bizarre assumption.

Does flipping or not flipping the
sluice gate switch
have any consequences to the ending? Or does it just change the route you take with Barry in Ch.4.

just changes the route

Can anyone with the PC version confirm this?

yep, it's there for me too

News Bot

Banned
1)
Through the magic of editing. Seriously, there is no real explanation. Just got to roll with it.

2)
The Struggle implies the Russian dude saved her and dragged her to his place.

2)
Evgeny saves her from the rubble, not from death. The t-Phobos Virus saves her from dying because she overcame fear. She doesn't overcome fear in the bad ending, so she just died.

Locust

Man, the Struggle on survival doesn't fuck around. At least if you do like me and don't notice the SMG in the very first hut. :v

e: and the AK and magnum later on, no wonder I was having such a bad time vs the revenants

Oh man.... I finally maxed out Cipher's katana skill, but I need 55 more points to inherit it >_< ugh, I just wanna make my rodeo claire into an onechanbara character already lol

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Man, the Struggle on survival doesn't fuck around. At least if you do like me and don't notice the SMG in the very first hut. :v

The Struggle is like playing high-level Raid stages with crappy weapons you didn't choose and no mods. Ouch. I died more than I'm used to dying for sure

What's up with the pricing on this game? I see the physical copy is $40 but this is $25?

The physical copy comes with all the cosmetic DLC, and raid characters...although I still feel like all that stuff doesn't add up to $40 digitally even. I paid probably $37.50 total for the season pass, costume bundle, and Wesker character. Hunk showed up as free for me.

Mmm, dat ass

BTW, you can raise Cipher faster if you play 5-6 in two-player, with Cipher at lv. 1 and your main character at the recommended level. He'll grow one level per run. And play the Daily Mission with him for an extra two levels.

Once you give Rodeo Claire the katana, you should also give her Moira's Melee Master skill. The resulting speed is incredible.

That's interesting, didn't consider that...but I don't think I can do 2 player without a second controller.

Mmm, dat ass

BTW, you can raise Cipher faster if you play 5-6 in two-player, with Cipher at lv. 1 and your main character at the recommended level. He'll grow one level per run. And play the Daily Mission with him for an extra two levels.

Once you give Rodeo Claire the katana, you should also give her Moira's Melee Master skill. The resulting speed is incredible.

Shiiiiiiieeeet.

So like Katana, Melee Master (to make knife speed faster) and that other skill that makes the knife stronger? It says that skill makes you move faster when you have the knife equipped but I don't notice any difference? I thought you could actually MOVE faster as in run/sprint.

Neiteio

Shiiiiiiieeeet.

So like Katana, Melee Master (to make knife speed faster) and that other skill that makes the knife stronger? It says that skill makes you move faster when you have the knife equipped but I don't notice any difference? I thought you could actually MOVE faster as in run/sprint.
Melee Master doesn't make the character move faster. It makes them swing the knife/sword faster (MUCH faster), and it also makes it stronger. :)

foxdvd

Just finished episode 4 invisible mode....now THAT was one hard son of a bitch. All I have left for my precious platinum is Barry's countdown episode 4 which also is going to be a bitch...

Also spoiler but tip for doing invisible mode and countdown mode for episode 4...

you want the "bad" ending
because you only have to fight the boss once..making invisible and countdown easier...you can reset your ending easily on casual and blow through episode 3 to set the bad ending in about 25 minutes if you rush..this will reset the ending for all game modes and difficulties.

I finally got around to linking my game with RE.net, and I got everything set up, but I can't get the data to sync. It says something about needing to press the synchronize button, where is this button? Is it something in game, or is it on the site?

Hagi

So the post campaign costumes can't be instantly worn in Raid? I have to unlock them again?

I want to play as best Claire :/

jyoung188

This may need to be a dumb question but I accidentally finished a raid level without killing everyone at the recommended level without using herbs, so if I went back in at my current level could I mow through everyone and get the genocide medallion and use herbs and still get the completion medallion? Do your medallions carry over or is it per run? Would I have to go in at or below the recommended level again?

Corpekata

Banned
Whelp, got a major glitch on the final fight where I couldn't move. Retrying didn't help. Thought I'd restart the game and yaaaay, the actual save point was a while ago.

Certainly taking the wind out of my sails to finish the game.

Seyavesh

Whelp, got a major glitch on the final fight where I couldn't move. Retrying didn't help. Thought I'd restart and yaaaay, the actual save point was a while ago.

Certainly taking the wind out of my sails to finish the game.

pc version, right?
i think this is a consistent thing 'cuz i've seen at least five other dudes say the same shit too, not including myself

it's a really major bug if it's that consistent because it really soured me on the finale

Neiteio

This may need to be a dumb question but I accidentally finished a raid level without killing everyone at the recommended level without using herbs, so if I went back in at my current level could I mow through everyone and get the genocide medallion and use herbs and still get the completion medallion? Do your medallions carry over or is it per run? Would I have to go in at or below the recommended level again?
To get the completion medal, you need to get the other four medals all at once in the same run. So you have to play at the recommended level, and defeat all enemies, without using herbs.

So how long until we get the Revelations 2 version of Barry's Samurai Edge in airsoft,
As a collector of RE merch I know its coming and im going to have to buy it like all the others I already own.

Neiteio

Haven't picked up yet but plan on doing so soon. Can someone comment on the performance issues for both the pc and ps4? Are they minor or no?
No performance issues for me on PS4. And the game received a patch recently that increases the framerate in the more taxing areas (i.e. Barry in the woods at night).

Rocketz

Finished Episode 4 earlier and just wrapped up the bonus episode "The Struggle". I got the good ending and I loved the game. I really enjoyed the episodic format. I wish Claire's part in part 4 was longer though. All in all a fantastic game and I've been loving raid mode.

Only complaint for me is actually a bug. I've completed all the parts. I have rankings, times, and achievements for all of them. But in the records it says I haven't complete part 3 yet so I cant buy any of the end game unlockables since it thinks I haven't completed the episode. I'm hoping it's just Barry's part but that was probably my least favorite episode so I'll go through it again tomorrow.

No performance issues for me on PS4. And the game received a patch recently that increases the framerate in the more taxing areas (i.e. Barry in the woods at night).

So is that official? I haven't replayed that area, so I wasn't sure if the framerate hitches were fixed or not.

Neiteio

For the new page: My spoiler-free PSA on how the multiple endings work.

So is that official? I haven't replayed that area, so I wasn't sure if the framerate hitches were fixed or not.
I'm just passing along what several people said here. I haven't replayed that section recently, either.

In general, though, PS4 performance is good. Solid 60 fps in most locations. Dips well below that in more visually intensive areas, but still at or around 30 fps, and not wavering. I didn't find it distracting.

Also, the image quality is excellent. Crisp and clear, with a great lighting model.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
You do move faster with the knife when using StM... just not running around. You're faster moving while attacking. It's easier to press in there for a slice or two and move back away.

Corpekata

Banned
Woooow. Now I can't even move for the initial part of the boss fight to see if I wanted to slog through and get back to where I was.

People on PC I'd highly suggest waiting for a patch or known work around before bothering with the episode, totally borked.

Top Bottom