• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Ralemont

not me
What's difficult to understand is how the developers of this game thought that one little stupid section, a QTE at that would determine the whole ending of the game.

Eh, given the importance of the moment both in the narrative and in terms of Moira's character arc, I'm okay with the moment being what decides the ending.

Plus that triangle prompt was thrown in there so quick it's hard to miss. It's an extremely dumb and cheap way to add in another ending. Maybe if the game had choices throughout it would make sense, but it comes out of nowhere with no indication of anything. They did a poor job implementing it.

They put a bright tutorial prompt to switch characters in the middle of the screen. I thought it was fairly obvious that I was supposed to switch characters to get the gun that was currently out of Claire's reach.
I can sympathize with people being frustrated if they didn't get the good ending, though.

...With all that being said I dislike QTEs on principle, and point to RE3's "choice" moments where the game freezes and lets you pick one of two options as a better way to handle something like this.

Eh, given the importance of the moment both in the narrative and in terms of Moira's character arc, I'm okay with the moment being what decides the ending.

They put a bright tutorial prompt to switch characters in the middle of the screen. I thought it was fairly obvious that I was supposed to switch characters to get the gun that was currently out of Claire's reach. I can sympathize with people being frustrated if they didn't get the good ending, though.

...With all that being said I dislike QTEs on principle, and point to RE3's "choice" moments where the game freezes and lets you pick one of two options as a better way to handle something like this.

That prompt was gone so fast, I should have known the developers would take something so small and make it a determinant on the ending. BTW put your post in spoiler tags. I'm debating going through it to get the other ending, but would I have to play through all of episode 3 or can I just do her part then move onto the last episode of the game?

Manu

I haven't played Episode 4 yet, but let's not pretend this is the first game to hide the true ending behind an obtuse requirement that's impossible to figure out by yourself.

At least it's relatively easy to go back and do it once you know, unlike many other games.

Ralemont

not me
I haven't played Episode 4 yet, but let's not pretend this is the first game to hide the true ending behind an obtuse requirement that's impossible to figure out by yourself.

At least it's relatively easy to go back and do it once you know, unlike many other games.

Goddamn Valkyrie Profile

I don't think anyone is pretending it is, just because game's before it did the same stupid thing doesn't make it any less stupid now.

Pilgrimzero

My problem with it is, when I switched it gave me no direction except to switch back. Hence I can look forward to the bad ending when I play later today.

FtHTiny

Has someone figured out a good way off getting BP quick?
It´s kinda strange that you have to buy the other game modes as well.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I haven't played the fourth episode yet, but please tell me how to score the good ending. I read that the bad ending was fucking awful. Give me a heads up so I know what I'm doing.

I haven't played the fourth episode yet, but please tell me how to score the good ending. I read that the bad ending was fucking awful. Give me a heads up so I know what I'm doing.

If you finished episode 3 then read this

When Neil pins Claire down make sure you crawl to the gun with Moira and not have Claire shoot him

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I finish Claire's chapter in an hour is that all of episode 1?
Is that right?

Neiteio

Thank you. I was avoiding spoilers and your post explained what i wanted to know.
Good ending for me!

I'm halfway through Barry's ep 4 and i'm loving this game. Hope to see more games like this. Episodic content was a nice move.
Thanks. Like I said to the other guy, feel free to post something in the PSA thread so it's bumped and others see it. :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The Struggle really is hard as fuck. Jesus.

Completely ran out of ammo...it's weird that it only gives 2 difficulties, because casual is way too easy.

Reebot

Kind of lame that the recommended level for all Code Red is only 90. I'd like to unleash that 100, stop scaling my weapons down and really wreak some havoc.

Ralemont

not me
Are you guys talking about
when the revenant jumped out of the ceiling in the mansion?
If so that got me so good lol

Yup. I was all

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

Hahaha that dude's scream.

T.O.P

Banned
Can't seem to run this thing decenlty, it always stutter, i tried the II part of the Raid mode (snow defend mission) and it was unplayable

My rig
Sapphire VAPOR R9290 X TRI-X OC 4GB
Ram DDR3 16GB
CPU Intel Core i5-4690k
Asrock Z97 Pro4

Any fix around? it's ruining the game for me :(

I can get why people would be annoyed that there's no indicator of a better ending, but I thought it was pretty obvious there's a different outcome to
the ending of Claire's episode 3. The whole thing is set up for Moira to grab the gun, there just isn't a prompt to let you know you can crawl forward...

Lucent

The way they hide the true ending is rather cool to me, it means nearly everyone is going to see the bad ending first before the true ending though it could have been made a little clearer that you could do so.

I still need to buy the later episodes but from what I have seen I think rev 2 did a great job and for the asking price, really good.

It was pretty clear to me. Lol

Neiteio

Regarding the clarity of the branching story point, the fact the game tells you to switch to Moira is the first clue. Then when you switch, I would think most players would try moving. At which point they'll see she can crawl. At that point, everything should fall into place.

The existence of two endings might not have been obvious but the fact there were two outcomes to that scene (or at least the hint that something could happen) was pretty obvious, imo. Which is why I immediately went on here and asked about it after I got past that part lol

^only problem is
that it takes like a second or two after pushing forward to move which a player in a panic won't take the time to do

Yup. I was all

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

I haven't truly gotten got by a jump scare in years and that one got me, haha

Lucent

Claire's chapter 3 was amazing. Best monster design for a boss in awhile. I love
tyrant style bosses
. The puzzles were awesome even if they didn't make you think too much. All the events that happened were great. And
Alex Wesker
is
creepy and twisted as fuck. Her face looks like she stapled it on to save what little of her human side was left she's insane looking. I can't wait to see her transform based on the concept art. It looked so horrific. Like why would you do that to yourself? How does that make you powerful and able to become a god? Her body looked like it relied on a machine or something. And if it's possible for 1 or so people to take her out (I'm guessing) then what would she do against an army? Come on

Lol I rambled a bit. But yeah I'm surprised how good this has been so far. It's not exactly clasdic style RE but it's the closest it has been in forever. Def feels a bit like RE4 and Veronica mixed together.

I still have Barry chapter 3 and the 4th chapter to go, but I can already say these guys should get to make the next big budget RE. Not a huge team like RE6, but just allow them the ability to make even better assets and stuff. Let heads actually explode. All that.

Another Revelations would be good too.

Reebot

Chewing through Code Red, hopefully done by tonight. Its not as hard as I would have liked; I wish every enemy was elite, at least one modifier. As is there's a few too many normal dudes to mow down and replenish tons of health. I've got maxed skills and amazing weapons, now hit me with some real dire straits.

Also HUNK continues to be a beast. I inherited dodge cancel from Wesker and now - combined with his cloak - I can get out of pretty much any situation.

Friends: do we still not know when this game will hit Vita?

I am making the brave decision to not buy or spoil the game until it hits Vita in hopes that the port is solid.

Shauni

The Extra Episodes were kind of eh. Not really bad, but just sort of there. I was really disappointed in the Moira one, since I thought it was going to be more in-depth about the six month gap. But in the end, they are just bonus stuff, though, so it's no big. The overall package of Revelations 2 is ace. This game really was a steal for $25, even the $40 of retail.

Friends: do we still not know when this game will hit Vita?

I am making the brave decision to not buy or spoil the game until it hits Vita in hopes that the port is solid.

Pretty sure not a word has been said since it was announced.

Top Bottom