• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

haven't done the giant event, but I did the other online event. Hunk is the only character I have at at 50, so the event seems kind of pointless

Sectus

I really don't understand the Dreadnaught event. First of all it's not even fun, and second of all the reward conditions are confusing. So to unlock Bleeding Gina we have to "see the exact moment the giant is defeated", but what the heck does that mean exactly? Do we have to be the one that does the killing blow or do we just have to be in the level while the thing goes down? Considering we can only play the level once per day that seems like a weird condition, especially since it seems like you could just idle in the level forever.

I assume it works the same way as with Ur-Dragon in Dragon's Dogma where the health of the giant is updated every hour or longer, and you have to make sure you attack it when its health is at its lowest in order to see it die. Since you can only do the event daily, hopefully they're nice enough that you just have to make sure to attack it on the right day.

Either way, it's a pretty badly designed event. The Ur-Dragon in Dragon's Dogma was an actual fight, while this enemy essentially stands still and does nothing.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Might be interviewing Yasuhiro Anpo, the game's director. Does anyone have any story questions?

That's terrific. Can't wait to see the transcript at Project Umbrella.

Had I such an opportunity, I believe I would note that the Kafka tie-in seemed much more natural in this installment (compared with Dante in Rev1), and would ask if it was part of the original concept, or if it was added later. I was skeptical as the story began, but by the ending it seemed a strong compliment to the plot, and added insight into the character of
Alex.
Any other insights into this aspect of the scripting process for Revelations 2 would be welcome.

Astral Dog

Might be interviewing Yasuhiro Anpo, the game's director. Does anyone have any story questions?
oh,hmm maybe one of these?

1. What Claire did during the 6 months after the tower was destroyed?{
2.Why decide to bring Alex Wesker back on this specific title?
3. Is the Wesker that made the project alongside Spencer relevant to the series story and is there a chance to know more?
4What was Alex planning to do with Natalia at the end? why is Natalia strong enough to kill her?
Maybe even ask him about the localization! but that might be too much :p.
god this thread is dead.

Dizzy-4U

I'm going for a melee build with Moira. I've got the sword (max) and melee master (max).

What are the recommended skills to complement the build? Powering Up, shield and health?

I'm thinking about having a gun with the steal life ability just in case.

I'm going for a melee build with Moira. I've got the sword (max) and melee master (max).

What are the recommended skills to complement the build? Powering Up, shield and health?

If you're getting a gun with life stealer, 'magic pixel' level 5 skill is pretty good - as long as you're above 1% health you can't get killed. If a monster does hit you down to 1%, use the gun and recover some health to protect yourself. Obviously you can die if you don't kill an enemy in time before you get hit next (or get hit by a double attack) but otherwise it's really useful.

There's also 'savour the moment' skill to increase katana damage even more (haven't tried this yet but I've heard it does).

Dizzy-4U

If you're getting a gun with life stealer, 'magic pixel' level 5 skill is pretty good - as long as you're above 1% health you can't get killed. If a monster does hit you down to 1%, use the gun and recover some health to protect yourself. Obviously you can die if you don't kill an enemy in time before you get hit next (or get hit by a double attack) but otherwise it's really useful.

There's also 'savour the moment' skill to increase katana damage even more (haven't tried this yet but I've heard it does).
Oh crap, Leon has that and he's level 1. And I just found an armor skill on Chris that might be useful too.

Time to grind badly.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Leon's skill is the one you want. Has a weird name, I can't recall at the moment.

I took the time to grind it, inherit it, and max it with my melee moria, Completely ridiculous. And charge up melee is just the most ridiculous topper to the entire ridiculous package,

Evolved1

Sorry for the double Post:

Anyway... are events not working for anyone else? My events tab has been greyed out since yesterday. I haven't had an opportunity to even try the new event. I figured, well RE.net is crap, but now I have an actual connection to RE.net in the game (can even see my icon) and yet the event stuff is still greyed out.

Um... wtf.

Dizzy-4U

Sorry for the double Post:

Anyway... are events not working for anyone else? My events tab has been greyed out since yesterday. I haven't had an opportunity to even try the new event. I figured, well RE.net is crap, but now I have an actual connection to RE.net in the game (can even see my icon) and yet the event stuff is still greyed out.

Um... wtf.
The events are working for me.

I'm not surprised you're having some issues though. Yesterday, one of my raid missions was permanently bugged. After a certain point, the enemies stop spawning and coudln't finish the mission. I tried it about 5 times (even reseted my pc) and always got stuck in the same spot.

Today, it's working just fine again.

Evolved1

No Stranger to Spending -- Use 100 million gold in the store.

• Evaluating parts, does not count toward this total.
  • Upgrading weapons beyond their limits, does not count toward this total.
  • Combining parts, does not count toward this total.
  • Filling your ammo before missions (unless you literally do it in the store), does not count toward this total.
W........t.............f.

Once you reach level 95, the store becomes useless. There's nothing in it worth purchasing. It's all crap. You spend most gold (a ridiculous amount) on combining parts and upgrading weapons. But this doesn't count toward the insane total of 100 million?

Wtf were they thinking? Were they even thinking? The more I play this game, the less I like it. Rev2 Raid is not good. So many aspects are broken and it's infused with the pay to win (yes, crystals ARE PTW especially if you want to participate in the events, but even just generally they ruin the medals process) and it seems like little thought went into the whole thing.

I'd rather have mercs.

RSB

Banned
Wtf were they thinking? Were they even thinking? The more I play this game, the less I like it. Rev2 Raid is not good. So many aspects are broken and it's infused with the pay to win (yes, crystals ARE PTW especially if you want to participate in the events, but even just generally they ruin the medals process) and it seems like little thought went into the whole thing.

I'd rather have mercs.
I agree with this, which is funny, because the same thing happened to me with RE6. but in reverse (I actually hated it at first, but despite its many flaws, I ended up loving it)

With Rev2 I enjoyed my first playthrough a lot, but since then I've been having less and less fun with the game. The campaign is not so great on replays, and Raid mode could be amazing, but all its potential is wasted in this game because of the shallow gameplay mechanics and all the grindy shit shoehorned into it.

Once you reach level 95, the store becomes useless. There's nothing in it worth purchasing. It's all crap. You spend most gold (a ridiculous amount) on combining parts and upgrading weapons. But this doesn't count toward the insane total of 100 million?

You should be checking the store after every mission and buying parts. Much better than grinding loot boxes over again.

I liked raid mode at first but found it kinda frustrating. But the more I've played it the more I like it ;)

joe2187

Banned
Yeah I cant fucking connect the online events at all.

No matter what Im always getting the Cant connect to RE.Net even though all my items transfer over and my records are always recorded.

This is fucked man, I cant participate in any of the events because of this.

Evolved1

Yeah I cant fucking connect the online events at all.

No matter what Im always getting the Cant connect to RE.Net even though all my items transfer over and my records are always recorded.

This is fucked man, I cant participate in any of the events because of this.

The other day I had this, and it suddenly connected after a few hours of playing. Events were available. Then I took a break and turned the system off. Haven't been able to connect ever since.

So I finally went back to this game and ended up marathoning it. I went in expecting a return to classic RE form (thanks pre-release marketing), what I got was a Last of Us-lite. As an RE game I think it's sub-par (the puzzles were laughable and resources were plentiful), but once I started playing the game the way it wanted me to, I admit I had a decent time.
The episodic structure kept me wanting to continue, though ultimately I felt it was somewhat deceiving and unnecessary because the cliffhangers were almost immediately tossed aside (ex:
Alex recoiling in horror at the end of Episode 3. Episode 4 continues Alex's taunting from a distance and Natalia seems no worse for the wear. They basically repeat the same thing for the ending.
) - I suppose it was in order to entice a-la-carte players to buy the next episode.

Also, I find it weird that A
lex was turned into a Mecha Hunchback by the virus, while everyone else turned into entirely organic creatures.

AdaWong

Looks like the community for this game died so quickly while the online for RE6 and RE5 is still pretty populated.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Looks like the community for this game died so quickly while the online for RE6 and RE5 is still pretty populated.

Probably a mistake for them to release online raid mode so late, I had already built the character i wanted with all the traits and was level 100 with 3 characters before online came out.

No real reason for me to keep going, I still have to finish code red because I left that for online mode, but my friend has to unlock it first so ehhh.

Imma just replay RE4 on pro.

Elija2

You think so? At least on PC, online in RE6 is practically dead and RE5 is only active because of the recent Steamworks patch. RER2 is definitely more populated than those two games.

AdaWong

Probably a mistake for them to release online raid mode so late, I had already built the character i wanted with all the traits and was level 100 with 3 characters before online came out.

No real reason for me to keep going, I still have to finish code red because I left that for online mode, but my friend has to unlock it first so ehhh.

Imma just replay RE4 on pro.

I gotta agree. By the time Raid is online you're already way too OP so it becomes boring. It was awesome playing co-op with randoms and leveling up and struggling together.

You think so? At least on PC, online in RE6 is practically dead and RE5 is only active because of the recent Steamworks patch. RER2 is definitely more populated than those two games.

I'm glad it's active there. Maybe mods add replay value or something? I don't know. But I'm glad.

Yama

So, still no solution for the throwback map pack if you pre ordered on PSN?

Also, still haven't got into one event on PS4.

Having finally found some time, really having fun in Raid Mode otherwise... Would be nice if they actually acknowledged some of the issues though.

Mr_Zombie

Why aren't there any maps from RE5? Even in the throwback maps pack (I assume that's what "gauntlet" IX is) there were only one map from Revelations 1 and three from RE6.

I can understand lack of maps from RE4 and other games (different engines and all that shit) but RE5? C'mon guys.

Mr_Zombie

OK, whoever thought that the forest level from Barry's campaign should be included as one of Raid levels... I'm really mad at that person. Night, forest, high grass that covers everything and dark gray-brown enemies. If it wasn't for bright violet health indicators most of the time I wouldn't be even aware there's an enemy right next to me. :|

SeanTSC

Is the PS4 version still 27-30fps or has there been a patch in the meantime to make it as good as on Xbone?

It was never 27-30fps. It was a solid 60 most of the time and only hit that consistently in one specific area for Barry in Chapter 1. And the patches seems to have helped that.

Really? Then I must have remembered wrong. Was sure it was stated in this thread the Xbone version was 60fps while PS4 had unstable 30.

Well, that's good news then. Thanks for the info.

Neiteio

OK, whoever thought that the forest level from Barry's campaign should be included as one of Raid levels... I'm really mad at that person. Night, forest, high grass that covers everything and dark gray-brown enemies. If it wasn't for bright violet health indicators most of the time I wouldn't be even aware there's an enemy right next to me. :|
Yeah, that's probably the one Raid level I don't like. Although it's more fun if you bring a sniper rifle and just camp at the beginning. They'll all funnel through the opening in the fence and come to you single file, one after another.

Gurish

I'm starting chapter 4 and I'm really surprised by how good this game is, it might not be a GOTY material but it's very fun, has a lot of content, nice story line, only major downside that i find is that the levels are pretty ugly art wise and it could be more open ended like the Clair and Moira chapter 3 section, most of the time it's pretty linear and straight forward.

BTW didn't Capcom promised that it's a standalone title and I don't need to play REV1 in order to understand the story? if so than well, they lied...at the end of chapter 3 (Claire's chapter) i didn't understand what they are talking about and had to look it up online.

Mr_Zombie

Yeah, that's probably the one Raid level I don't like. Although it's more fun if you bring a sniper rifle and just camp at the beginning. They'll all funnel through the opening in the fence and come to you single file, one after another.

And it was used in the event challenges twice today. Twice! As "normal event" and "character only event" level. :|

BTW didn't Capcom promised that it's a standalone title and I don't need to play REV1 in order to understand the story? if so than well, they lied...at the end of chapter 3 (Claire's chapter) i didn't understand what they are talking about and had to look it up online.

Well, it's still a game in a series that exists since 1996. Even such obscure titles as Survivor or Dead Aim had references to characters or events from previous games.

And I'm sure you could understand the main story without playing Revelations 1.
after all, Neil's part of the story - his reasons for doing what he did - weren't THAT important for the whole plot; it was all about Alex and Natalia

LOL! The event for Invasion of Huge creature is almost over. It's at 5% left and yeah... it's gonna die soon. I don't know how to get Gina though...

Evolved1

LOL! The event for Invasion of Huge creature is almost over. It's at 5% left and yeah... it's gonna die soon. I don't know how to get Gina though...

I'm doing the mission as I type this... thing has like 65% of its health bar.

I guess it's regional or something?

It was at 5% earlier because the hackers on PS3 have infinite rpg. Now it's 58%

Dang it, I just did the event and it was down to like 2%. Should have waited til tonight, guess I will miss seeing him go down :( (this is on PC)

EDIT: Yep the event has disappeared now, replaced by a new level-restricted challenge. :/ Really wanted that costume.

Jawmuncher

RE seems to die pretty fast on PC in terms of MP side of things.

ArjanN

RE seems to die pretty fast on PC in terms of MP side of things.

For the co-op stuff you only really need one friend to play with though.

The other MP modes were always really pretty much just novelty modes, and there's far too much quality MP competition on PC.

Jawmuncher

For the co-op stuff you only really need one friend to play with though.

The other MP modes were always really pretty much just novelty modes, and there's far too much quality MP competition on PC.

While true it's still pretty interesting to see. Since I know others have said it's still possible to find MP matches for RE5 and RE6 despite how gimmicky those were. Plus considering on those platforms you had to buy them makes it all the more interesting.

BkMogul

On Chapter 3 right now on Survival and I'm...kinda enjoying it. Some of the boss battles are pretty tough (as expected, with some of them being bullet sponges). But some of the set pieces (especially the ones where you can evade and avoid groups of enemies) are pretty white-knuckle, being that you don't get that much ammo anyway. I'm enjoying it more than Revelations 1 though, mostly because the controls (and the character movement) don't seem as stiff.

Frillen

Just ordered the game online. How hard is it to get all the medals within an episode? Can you stacks some of them. For example, if there's a medal for 10 head shots, do they stack if I die?

Just ordered the game online. How hard is it to get all the medals within an episode? Can you stacks some of them. For example, if there's a medal for 10 head shots, do they stack if I die?

In the campaign. No. You can retry if you die or reload a checkpoint but they don't stack. Your count will stay where it was before the last checkpoint.

In the campaign. No. You can retry if you die or reload a checkpoint but they don't stack. Your count will stay where it was before the last checkpoint.

Did I misunderstand something? I did the kill an enemy in midair medal in the first episode where an enemy just jumps through the window and kill him and just restarted that til the trophy popped.

RSB

Banned
Oh, so for medals, if the requirement was "kill 30 enemy X", and I killed 20 on my first playthrough - if I kill 10 on my next playthrough I won't get the medal?
You won't get the medal. To get it you have to meet the requirements in the same playthrough of that level.

So yeah, for achievements it's cumulative and you can also reload checkpoints to boost them. For medals it is not cumulative, and you can't boost with checkpoint reload (although you can reload a checkpoint as many times as you want till you are happy with that segment)

Top Bottom